POLL: What Do You Do After a Rams Loss to a Divisional Rival

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

What Do You Do After a Loss?

• Drink...heavily

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Post in the Vent Thread Before Mojo locks it!

Votes: 18 32.1%
  • Hang out in the Off Topic Areas

Votes: 6 10.7%
  • Disappear (there should be no votes here)

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Post a Long Thread About the Disasterous Game

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Talk About the Dodgers

Votes: 5 8.9%

• Total voters

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I go about my life as I otherwise would. Nothing I do is going to change what happens with/to this team. Life is too short and too important, to waste part of it on being mad about entertainment. Don't get me wrong, I love the Rams, and have since I was 5 years old, but really once the game is over, I am on to the truly important things, like family, work, and fishing.
Most people that get mad after a loss are mad not because of the loss itself, but due to their own expectations.

RamBall

Legend
Camp Reporter
Name
Dave
I dont respond to texts from my best friend, especially if we lose to the whiners. He has caught on though, he knows I will answer the phone when he calls. So this morning I had to listen to him laugh for about 2 mins before he said a word. After games like last night I do get in a bit of a funk, its hard for me to shake it off even though I know I have no control over how the Rams play. Sometimes makes me envious of fans that just say its only football and they go about life as if everything is fine.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I go about my life as I otherwise would. Nothing I do is going to change what happens with/to this team. Life is too short and too important, to waste part of it on being mad about entertainment. Don't get me wrong, I love the Rams, and have since I was 5 years old, but really once the game is over, I am on to the truly important things, like family, work, and fishing.
Most people that get mad after a loss are mad not because of the loss itself, but due to their own expectations.

Same, I watch the Rams to entertain me; if it's going to breed a toxic atmosphere, I just walk away and find something else I enjoy to cool off before looking forward to the next game (or season when we were terrible)

tiger1971

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tiger
The game finished at 0430 so I took the dog for a walk, had breakfast and went back to bed for a few hours! Where's that option on your poll?

;)

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Bruh, you need to get your priorites straight... ~ ROD

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
It's too easy getting caught up w/ the toxic atmosphere that is a Rams site after a loss. I have to chuckle overall as most of the doom and gloomers would have loved the idea of 4-2 at this point (before the season...). It's a marathon not a sprint. It's always disappointing after a loss.... (especially to the Whiners....) But the bigger picture is a bit brighter (at this point...).

Varg6

Starter
Name
Jake
Meh, I've conditioned myself to not let Ls effect me. On to the next one.

I know I sound like a broken record, but....shit happens.

ff35ef781929c999d5317731ce534c7a2f987b4a.gifv

When I was younger I certainly let myself get upset about losses. Now, much like you, I can't let it affect my personal life. It is what it is; not to mention we're still in a good spot. Onto next week indeed.

Of course that doesn't mean I'm not extremely disappointed like everyone else, but I don't let it bother me the way it used to. Frankly, I have enough shit going on in my life that I need to worry about lol

Another note: I've watched enough football to see that this happens to most teams. Maybe not in our specific unique Rams fashion, but teams fall flat, and they can lose. Perfect example was also from yesterday: GB. Seldom do we see Rodgers not lighting it up, but it does happen. Every team in the NFL is relatively good. Except...the Jets.

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
You just have to have perspective. Remember our first loss in NO in 2018? That sucked, but we still went back thru there to the SB.

All the bounces went the 9ers way last night. I can't remember one that didn't.

Juice

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Alcohol. It feels great after a loss, but sobering up makes me hate it even worse.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
Bask in the glow that is the Arkansas Razorbacks, who defeated Ole Miss coached by Lane Kiffin!

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I basically feel shitty all week. Losing to the 9ers is a problem for me man. Even when my team sucks, can you beat the 9ers thanks.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Weigh in, CGI! @CGI_Ram

I am generally grouchy like everyone else.

After a loss, I tend to post more factual thoughts because the emotional ones haven’t been through my personal quality checks yet :D.

I remind myself, it’s a game. And... as far as THAT goes... The Rams are in the middle of a stretch of sustained success. This REALLY IS fun! So... I usually snap out quick.

We expect players to fluff off a bad play, and come right back with a short memory. Try to hold myself to that.

One of the successes of our board is I believe most on ROD aren’t much different than what I listed above. And just like the Rams, we don’t always bring our A-game. So some losses are harder than others. :horns:

BUT, let’s keep it’s simple. We are 4-2. We are a dangerous team who needs a playoff ticket. Thats... it!

tenor.gif

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Before Pandemic: Close Office Door show busy on Skype and Ignore every 49er fan.

During Pandemic: Working from home, continue to showcase busy on Skype and try not to over react from the Skype inquiries and focus on the Dodger victory. Also try to calm down one of my Ram compardre's via Text, who texted me all day yesterday on how bad Samuel Blowman is and how he's losing faith in the coaching staff.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I am generally grouchy like everyone else.

After a loss, I tend to post more factual thoughts because the emotional ones haven’t been through my personal quality checks yet :D.

I remind myself, it’s a game. And... as far as THAT goes... The Rams are in the middle of a stretch of sustained success. This REALLY IS fun! So... I usually snap out quick.

We expect players to fluff off a bad play, and come right back with a short memory. Try to hold myself to that.

One of the successes of our board is I believe most on ROD aren’t much different than what I listed above. And just like the Rams, we don’t always bring our A-game. So some losses are harder than others. :horns:

BUT, let’s keep it’s simple. We are 4-2. We are a dangerous team who needs a playoff ticket. Thats... it!

tenor.gif
IT'S OVER, MAN!!!!
FFQjl2R.gif

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Last year I stayed up for every game and suffered through the loss.

This time I said before the game I thought Shanny would have something ready for the Rams and would run it down our throats. But I didn't predict bad throws from Jared and drops by receivers. I drank so heavily that I passed out in the third quarter because I knew how it wasgoing to end.

I recorded the game and still haven't calmed down enough to watch it.

On to the Bears.