Poll: The Most Irreplaceable Member of the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Most Important Current Member of the Rams

• Total voters

MachS

Hall of Fame
How many wins did we have with AD in his few years under Fisher? How many DPOY awards under Fisher?

Since McVay has got here, we have averaged 11 wins, gone to the playoffs 3 outa 4 years, and won 3 playoff games. Including one trip to the Super Bowl. During those 4 years Gurley won OPOY and AD has won three DPOY awards.

I love AD so fucking much and he's the best player to ever wear a Rams jersey. But I'll still say McVay. Great players come and go, but the one constant in dynasties is a great HC:

Vince Lombardi, Bill Walsh, Jimmie Johnson (both in dallas and at The U) Belichick, John Wooden, Coach K, Bobby Knight, Nick Saban, Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Greg Popovich. Great leaders and more importantly great teachers shouldn't be undervalued.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many wins did we have with AD in his few years under Fisher? How many DPOY awards under Fisher?

Since McVay has got here, we have averaged 11 wins, gone to the playoffs 3 outa 4 years, and won 3 playoff games. Including one trip to the Super Bowl. During those 4 years Gurley won OPOY and AD has won three DPOY awards.

I love AD so fucking much and he's the best player to ever wear a Rams jersey. But I'll still say McVay. Great players come and go, but the one constant in dynasties is a great HC:

Vince Lombardi, Bill Walsh, Jimmie Johnson (both in dallas and at The U) Belichick, John Wooden, Coach K, Bobby Knight, Nick Saban, Phil Jackson, Pat Riley, Greg Popovich. Great leaders and more importantly great teachers shouldn't be undervalued.
I think again though it matters what we are talking about. The title suggests irreplaceable. The post suggests most important. Those are two different questions.

Think of it like this. You take McVay from me ill take AD from you. Now its time to replace them. Ill take Shanny who are you taking? Who lost more? It could be argued I upgraded if not at least stayed the same. Regardless of which DT you take you will not be upgrading or staying the same you will be downgrading. McVay can in theory be replaced with equal value or upgraded AD cannot.

Now if we are talking about overall importance and value to winning, unfortunately for AD his position is less important than others.

Side note. Imagine if there was a QB out there as good at his position as AD is at his....I don't think he'd lose a game.

Ellard80

Legend
Aaron donald is a HOFamer.

A stud DT is not more important than a generational head coach - if Donald were a QB I'd be singing a different tune.

However - lot's of chapters left to write in this book.

Ellard80

Legend
McVay isn't even the best coach in the division. Aaron Donald. Easily.

this gave me a good laugh

You must mean Shanahan?

The guy with a 29-35? Record?

And only 1 winning season? and only 1 playoff appearance?

Vs a guy is 43-21 with 3 playoff appearances?

For being so anti 49ners around here there sure are a good number of posters who have a hard on for shanahan.

eventhough the numbers don't back it up.

Last edited:

Ellard80

Legend
I think again though it matters what we are talking about. The title suggests irreplaceable. The post suggests most important. Those are two different questions.

Think of it like this. You take McVay from me ill take AD from you. Now its time to replace them. Ill take Shanny who are you taking? Who lost more? It could be argued I upgraded if not at least stayed the same. Regardless of which DT you take you will not be upgrading or staying the same you will be downgrading. McVay can in theory be replaced with equal value or upgraded AD cannot.

Now if we are talking about overall importance and value to winning, unfortunately for AD his position is less important than others.

Side note. Imagine if there was a QB out there as good at his position as AD is at his....I don't think he'd lose a game.

he said shanny... shanny is legendary with his losing record and 1 playoff appearance.

Shanny with only 1 winning season in 4 years.....

Kyle Shanahan Record, Statistics, and Category Ranks | Pro-Football-Reference.com (pro-football-reference.com)

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
It’s the HC! Of course. :D

As Bum Phillips said of Bear Bryant:

“He can take his'n and beat your'n, and take your'n and beat his'n."

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
he said shanny... shanny is legendary with his losing record and 1 playoff appearance.

Shanny with only 1 winning season in 4 years.....

Kyle Shanahan Record, Statistics, and Category Ranks | Pro-Football-Reference.com (pro-football-reference.com)
Blows my mind you missed the point that badly. And who said shanny is legendary? I just think he’s a good coach. McVay should not be considered legendary in your mind at this point either.

ok you don’t like shanny. I’ll take BB or Andy Reid. Point still remains.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s the HC! Of course. :D

As Bum Phillips said of Bear Bryant:

“He can take his'n and beat your'n, and take your'n and beat his'n."
Andy Reid only won a Super Bowl when he had a transcendent player...So his'n only beat your'n when his'n was a GOAT.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
I have to go with the guy that drafted Donald, continues to find talent through the entire draft and hired McVay.

Snead shouldn't be undervalued.
Neither should Stan.
He has done a great job since taking full ownership of the team.

We see how bad owners and GMs ruin entire organizations.
Our group up top, have done a stellar job.

Stan and Snead are both at the top for me.

We've come a long way from the dysfunction during the Georgia/Shaw/Zygmunt era.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Here for the gun show? *flexes @Mojo Ram ~ Aaron Freakin Donald

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'll take this guy and I'll throw these sexy ladies in as a bonus
Screenshot_20210216-192241_Twitter.jpg

tklongball

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I picked AD, because he is farther ahead of the 2nd best DT, than McVey is above the next best coach. I love McVey, but I am not even sure he is the best coach in the NFL. I know AD is the best Defensive player in the NFL.

T-REX

"King of the tyrant lizards"
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Enough said...the man doesn't stop perfecting his craft.

View: https://twitter.com/210ths/status/1362075590547959808?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1362075590547959808%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_c10&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.yahoo.com%2Fsports%2Fwatch-aaron-donald-footwork-still-133436755.html

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/watch-aaron-donald-footwork-still-133436755.html

Aaron Donald’s footwork still looks elite in offseason workout

Cameron DaSilva
Thu, February 18, 2021, 8:34 AM

c2cf3d442b356d6eb692c8c4cd75efc5

Aaron Donald didn’t become the best defensive player in the world by simply doing what was required of him in college and the NFL. He always puts in the extra work, whether it’s watching film, lifting in the weight room or improving his footwork on the practice field.
Donald doesn’t take many days off and though he admitted he took a week to rest and spend time with his family after the season ended, he was quickly back in the weight room lifting. On Wednesday, his trainer shared videos of Donald returning to the practice field where he started back up on his footwork drills.
Unsurprisingly, Donald still looks quick, showing off his ridiculous movement skills for a man that size.

Cameron DaSilva

Aaron Donald didn’t become the best defensive player in the world by simply doing what was required of him in college and the NFL. He always puts in the extra work, whether it’s watching film, lifting in the weight room or improving his footwork on the practice field.
Donald doesn’t take many days off and though he admitted he took a week to rest and spend time with his family after the season ended, he was quickly back in the weight room lifting. On Wednesday, his trainer shared videos of Donald returning to the practice field where he started back up on his footwork drills.
Unsurprisingly, Donald still looks quick, showing off his ridiculous movement skills for a man that size.

Donald won Defensive Player of the Year for the third time this past season, recording 13.5 sacks and 28 QB hits. He’s just the third player ever to win the award three times in his career, joining J.J. Watt and Lawrence Taylor.

Cameron DaSilva

Donald won Defensive Player of the Year for the third time this past season, recording 13.5 sacks and 28 QB hits. He’s just the third player ever to win the award three times in his career, joining J.J. Watt and Lawrence Taylor.
- ADVERTISEMENT -

He admitted after the season that he is getting older and he feels aches and pains more, but by training the way he does, he hopes to sustain his high level of play and continue dominating for years to come.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I picked AD, because he is farther ahead of the 2nd best DT, than McVey is above the next best coach. I love McVey, but I am not even sure he is the best coach in the NFL. I know AD is the best Defensive player in the NFL.
So Donold over McVey?

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Actually, I corrected his spelling, not his grammar.
I hope you understand there's a difference between the two....
Actually you didn't correct anything. You were just making fun of the fact that it was misspelled.
Which was just hilarious. It's just amazing how you pointed that out. Never seen that done before.
Your Amazing.