Poll: The Most Irreplaceable Member of the Rams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Most Important Current Member of the Rams

• Total voters

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The other thread that examined the treatment of Goff vs Gurley at the end and how differently they were treated by fans. Now that conversation doesn't matter in this thread because both are gone now. I am including coaches, front office and players CURRENTLY on the Rams. You could name any player/person in the comments if I don't include your guy in the Poll.

My pick is Aaron Donald. He edges Sean McVay with me as the most important member. Aaron is on the Mt Rushmore of All Time Great Rams for me. Like Merlin Olsen before him, I want this guy to remain a Ram his whole career. HC's, GM's and players come and go, but players like AD come once in a lifetime. I'm a history guy, hence my degrees in college, so that's why I'm not a transaction oriented guy. I'm not a wannabe GM or fantasy football player. I love the "laundry" and the history that fills out that laundry and Aaron Donald personifies that for me.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Really tough call. I went McVay because he may be a Ram for the next 20-30 years. Gun to my head and I had to pick one asset to keep, its him.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Owner isn't going anywhere, so it's coach. GM is next. Everything else is affected by these three. Players come and go.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Owner isn't going anywhere, so it's coach. GM is next. Everything else is affected by these three. Players come and go.
Don't know about that. AD has had two HC's and if the Stafford experiment doesn't pan out, the coaches and front office personnel are all vulnerable. Now AD might become vulnerable as a trading piece in a total overhaul, but look at Merlin Olsen and how many HC's he had during a 15 year career: Harland Svare, Bob Waterfield, George Allen, Tommy Prothro, and Chuck Knox.

Different age before free agency, but still, great players are not easily traded....

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s a tough question to answer because we will surely have another good coach after McVay just as we will have another good DT after Donald. However, I think we could Find another successful head coach before we find another Aaron Donald.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
It’s a tough question to answer because we will surely have another good coach after McVay just as we will have another good DT after Donald. However, I think we could Find another successful head coach before we find another Aaron Donald.
I have nothing to add as that is my point of view (AD is on track as D GOAT)

However, surely is actually spelt “Shirley” ya best tighten that up trooper :ROFLMAO:

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Depends on if you meant right now (February 12) or mid game/mid season or if you meant over the long term/next few years.

Long term it's Sean McVay. Right now, today, it's Sean McVay. If you meant in game/mid season, it's Donald.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Polls and Self gloss college record @Loyal

I picked AD. His impact and leadership are phenomenal. I look at 20my4ars down the road and who will be discussed. I have no doubt AD will be the first name that comes up in any conversation. JMO

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Polls and Self gloss college record @Loyal

I picked AD. His impact and leadership are phenomenal. I look at 20my4ars down the road and who will be discussed. I have no doubt AD will be the first name that comes up in any conversation. JMO
YOUSONOFA ~ Uneducated, Pre-Internet Self

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love AD. He's one of a kind and his leadership and work ethic combined are probably the best in the NFL. I don't think it's a coincidence that Ramsey seems like a different dude here.

But one of the problems in paying someone that much money is that if they get hurt, you probably don't have the players to help make up for their absence. Last year was the first time in AD's career that there wasn't a team with a better defense than us - the money saved by his absence could very well allow us to end up with a similar defense.

On top of that, we've seen him without McVay. While we haven't seen McVay without Donald, I still think McVay is the more valuable piece.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I love AD. He's one of a kind and his leadership and work ethic combined are probably the best in the NFL. I don't think it's a coincidence that Ramsey seems like a different dude here.

But one of the problems in paying someone that much money is that if they get hurt, you probably don't have the players to help make up for their absence. Last year was the first time in AD's career that there wasn't a team with a better defense than us - the money saved by his absence could very well allow us to end up with a similar defense.

On top of that, we've seen him without McVay. While we haven't seen McVay without Donald, I still think McVay is the more valuable piece.
But, did we value AD less under Fisher? Chris Long called him a HOFer in his rookie year...

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But, did we value AD less under Fisher? Chris Long called him a HOFer in his rookie year...

Oh no, I meant that AD has never been on a team with a winning record prior to McVay. There are reasons for that beyond ADs control, but the Rams defenses have finished average to below average for most of Donald's career too.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
AD is my favorite player, but without McVay we didnt win more than 7 games. With McVay, we havent won less than 9.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Oh no, I meant that AD has never been on a team with a winning record prior to McVay. There are reasons for that beyond ADs control, but the Rams defenses have finished average to below average for most of Donald's career too.
The same was true for Merlin Olsen until George Allen showed up, yet he outlasted Allen by two more HC's.

Ballhawk

Please don't confuse my experience for pessimism!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
NPW
McVay, because AD was here before he was and we weren't having success until McVay became our coach.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
McVay, because AD was here before he was and we weren't having success until McVay became our coach.
Again, look toard my Merlin Olsen example....

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Don't know about that. AD has had two HC's and if the Stafford experiment doesn't pan out, the coaches and front office personnel are all vulnerable. Now AD might become vulnerable as a trading piece in a total overhaul, but look at Merlin Olsen and how many HC's he had during a 15 year career: Harland Svare, Bob Waterfield, George Allen, Tommy Prothro, and Chuck Knox.

Different age before free agency, but still, great players are not easily traded....

Even the worst teams have one or two all pro to elite players. Their problems are idiocy at the coach/GM/owner spots.

Rams had SJack, Chris Long, Robert Quinn, etc in the dark ages but you know.

As long as Sean McVay and Les Snead continue to hit on their decisions, the players will fall in place.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
1613151393953.png