(Poll) Should the NFL lift its ban on marijuana?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Should the NFL lift its ban on marijuana?

• Yes

Votes: 85 74.6%
  • No

Votes: 29 25.4%

• Total voters

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Big tobacco advertised itself as a health benefit at one time, and continued lying for years, marijuana users didn't boast claims until very recently, and doctors have now documented cases where pot has helped patients. Nicotine is a known cancer causing agent, legal marijuana isn't 'laced' with anything. Pot is providing new medical uses and is prepared to provide more once the Feds get off their high horse. Read this on lung cancer & marijuana :
http://www.webmd.com/lung-cancer/news/20060523/pot-smoking-not-linked-to-lung-cancer#1

Known benefits :

http://www.ibtimes.com/‘medical’-marijuana-10-health-benefits-legitimize-legalization-742456

So you want to incarcerate people and prevent them from supporting a family or going to school due to your calling BS without any factual basis to support your theory ?

Please quote where I said that?

I could give a flying fukk what anyone puts into their body, because it's theirs. As for benefits of marijuana, there may be some..especially for those struggling with disease and health problems...I could care less what WebMD says about the subject, because they could not know what the long term effects over a large sample field over the course of 20-30 years, is...It has just been relatively recently that legal marijuana is being used like now, where people that would never have tried it before because it was illegal, are now smoking it...You totally jumped over the idea that inhaling a burning substance might have negative side effects over the long term on a person's lungs...As for Big tobacco, yeah, they are scumbags, but we may find out that marijuana proponents and the it's "totally harmless" crowd, are just as guilty as doctors in white smocks were in the 50's, proclaiming the healthful benefits of cigarrettes...

I am saying, why not HGH then? Both marijuana and HGH are prescribed by doctors and help people overcome pain to do things they could not do before the drug usage?

Last edited:

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Weed being illegal is idiotic. It's way less harmful than alcohol, less strong in its effects, and the only real threat is that you'll sit around with the munchies and not accomplish anything. No player gets a performance boost from weed.

Yes for the love of F. The ban should be lifted.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Weed being illegal is idiotic. It's way less harmful than alcohol, less strong in its effects, and the only real threat is that you'll sit around with the munchies and not accomplish anything. No player gets a performance boost from weed.

Yes for the love of F. The ban should be lifted.
so they don't overcome pain to train harder and better? What does HGH do that's different? It allows guys to overcome pain to come back from injury or fatigue, to become stronger, healthier faster...

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Truly, as I enjoy my beer right now, I have no judgement over those that use pot..As a society, if we want to make all drugs legal, then that's what the majority has decided what they want their society to be. As for sport, I want to see players performing at their highest level without drugs...but that's just me.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
so they don't overcome pain to train harder and better? What does HGH do that's different? It allows guys to overcome pain to come back from injury or fatigue, to become stronger, healthier faster...

Weed is inferior to pain killers in that regard Loyal. Plus painkillers don't make you decide to reroute to the nearest pizza joint as a side effect.

HGH is not something I mentioned. But it's a significant boost to playing performance in its benefits. And honestly I'd say the NFL's biggest abused drug is Adderall, for performance enhancement purposes that is. Both should be tested for, but particularly HGH because of its long term health effects on the players. IMO.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Please quote where I said that?

I could give a flying fukk what anyone puts into their body, because it's theirs. As for benefits of marijuana, there may be some..especially for those struggling with disease and health problems...I could care less what WebMD says about the subject, because they could not know what the long term effects over a large sample field over the course of 20-30 years, is...It has just been relatively recently that legal marijuana is being used like now, where people that would never have tried it before because it was illegal, are now smoking it...You totally jumped over the idea that inhaling a burning substance might have negative side effects over the long term on a person's lungs...As for Big tobacco, yeah, they are scumbags, but we may find out that marijuana proponents and the it's "totally harmless" crowd, are just as guilty as doctors in white smocks were in the 50's, proclaiming the healthful benefits of cigarrettes...

I am saying, why not HGH then? Both marijuana and HGH are prescribed by doctors and help people overcome pain to do things they could not do before the drug usage?

Why do you believe that only recipients of legal marijuana, which is a relatively new phenomenon, can be used to test long term use ? I've grown up with an entire generation of marijuana users who have smoked pot between 50 - 60 years now. Older guys known for heavy pot use like Oliver Stone, Hugh Hefner, Morgan Freeman, David Letterman, Ted Turner, Michael Bloomberg, George Clooney, Rush Limbaugh, Susan Sarandon, Willie Nelson and just about every other living musician from the 60's era weren't alone, ... and still aren't. It will be 50 years for me next year.
Based on your first sentence, guess i'll have to believe you would support legalizing pot in your state. Nobody is forcing you to partake, and you shouldn't prevent those that choose a different lifestyle to live by your standards either. jmo.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why do you believe that only recipients of legal marijuana, which is a relatively new phenomenon, can be used to test long term use ? I've grown up with an entire generation of marijuana users who have smoked pot between 50 - 60 years now. Older guys known for heavy pot use like Oliver Stone, Hugh Hefner, Morgan Freeman, David Letterman, Ted Turner, Michael Bloomberg, George Clooney, Rush Limbaugh, Susan Sarandon, Willie Nelson and just about every other living musician from the 60's era weren't alone, ... and still aren't. It will be 50 years for me next year.
Based on your first sentence, guess i'll have to believe you would support legalizing pot in your state. Nobody is forcing you to partake, and you shouldn't prevent those that choose a different lifestyle to live by your standards either. jmo.
Actually, I would not be upset if marijuana was legalized in Kansas...because that seems to be the trend of society. As for you and other users (musicians, etc...), can you at least agree with me that that is a small sample size compared to a nation of 350 million? When you legalize something, MANY people would try it and use that never would if it was still illegal (Colorado and other states (not sure) are all about designer pot and its not about medical marijuan anymore) Plus, the potency of marijuana, with all of its different types, is so much stronger than I last used it in the 1970's from what I have read...For myself, it reduced memory retention and decreased the quickness of my mind, which scared the shit out of me when I realized it after stopping for 6 months in the late 70's....With much stronger pot now, I don't imagine that has made that issue any better than the 70's.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Don't care... If you toke the night before the game and figure out a master plan of winning by opening up your 3rd eye I am all for it. I can smoke a bowl and pwn mofos on battlefield or any game of chess. Use it right is all I care about.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Don't care... If you toke the night before the game and figure out a master plan of winning by opening up your 3rd eye I am all for it. I can smoke a bowl and pwn mofos on battlefield or any game of chess. Use it right is all I care about.
Without it, you might be the next Bobby Fisher..:whistle:

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I come from the point of view, that all I really have to compete with is my mind. I had a few physical skills, wasted on a short frame when I was young...But even now at age 53 (Today's my birthday), I compete with kids half my age at University, and I win. We just had a seminar class (one day only), discussing the role of of historians vs the memory of veterans about the significance of the Enola Gay and the first atomic bombs ever used in war...Commemorative history exhibits vs interpretive exhibits on the 50 year anniversary in 1995....It was me vs 15 other History majors, and I more than held my own, and I'm proud of that. If I was a marijuana user, I am sure that I never would have attempted getting a degree this late in life.....For me, it was great decision to stop using pot in the late 70's....JMOL (Just My Own Life)

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Without it, you might be the next Bobby Fisher..:whistle:

Carl Sagan and Einstein and countless others have smoked the herb. Somethings we think that may be so complex without it may be so simple with it. If its a null argument why bring it up? Pain? No herb is universal.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Carl Sagan and Einstein and countless others have smoked the herb. Somethings we think that may be so complex without it may be so simple with it. If its a null argument why bring it up? Pain? No herb is universal.
But Einstein might have actually figured out the Unified Theory without it..lol..we will never know...There are BILLIONS upon BILLIONS of possibilities (homage to Sagan...I liked that atheist!)

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
But Einstein might have actually figured out the Unified Theory without it..lol..we will never know...There are BILLIONS upon BILLIONS of possibilities (homage to Sagan...I liked that atheist!)

The mind and everything we consider a reality is that complex. Sagan was onto something.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Actually, I would not be upset if marijuana was legalized in Kansas...because that seems to be the trend of society. As for you and other users (musicians, etc...), can you at least agree with me that that is a small sample size compared to a nation of 350 million? When you legalize something, MANY people would try it and use that never would if it was still illegal (Colorado and other states (not sure) are all about designer pot and its not about medical marijuan anymore) Plus, the potency of marijuana, with all of its different types, is so much stronger than I last used it in the 1970's from what I have read...For myself, it reduced memory retention and decreased the quickness of my mind, which scared the crap out of me when I realized it after stopping for 6 months in the late 70's....With much stronger pot now, I don't imagine that has made that issue any better than the 70's.

I think that sample size might be larger than you think, although a lot of it may have to do with where you are raised, who you married and whether you had a job which didn't restrict the lifestyle. Of course, many tokers from the early years either slowed down or stopped because of family or work obligations, and some have picked it back up as kids are now grown & out of the house. I've had husbands tell me their wives won't allow them, then their wives will take a toke when no one is looking. When comparing the pot of today to the pot of yesteryear, you are quite correct when referring to the levels of THC, but that may be somewhat off-set because few smoke as much as what was necessary to achieve the high you were looking for back in the day. My mother, who never smoked anything in her life, barely drank once a year and never took drugs ... and wouldn't, was introduced to pot at 65 just prior to her retirement. A young co-worker who she liked gave her a pot brownie, and she ended up loving it, although wasn't prepared for how long it lasted. She laughed and laughed, then asked me to bake her some about a year later. She enjoyed it, but said that was it for her. Now that i'm older, sleep doesn't always come as easily as it did 10 years ago, so i've found that a few hits and i'm out for a great nights sleep, that alone is worth its weight in gold. jmo.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think that sample size might be larger than you think, although a lot of it may have to do with where you are raised, who you married and whether you had a job which didn't restrict the lifestyle. Of course, many tokers from the early years either slowed down or stopped because of family or work obligations, and some have picked it back up as kids are now grown & out of the house. I've had husbands tell me their wives won't allow them, then their wives will take a toke when no one is looking. When comparing the pot of today to the pot of yesteryear, you are quite correct when referring to the levels of THC, but that may be somewhat off-set because few smoke as much as what was necessary to achieve the high you were looking for back in the day. My mother, who never smoked anything in her life, barely drank once a year and never took drugs ... and wouldn't, was introduced to pot at 65 just prior to her retirement. A young co-worker who she liked gave her a pot brownie, and she ended up loving it, although wasn't prepared for how long it lasted. She laughed and laughed, then asked me to bake her some about a year later. She enjoyed it, but said that was it for her. Now that i'm older, sleep doesn't always come as easily as it did 10 years ago, so i've found that a few hits and i'm out for a great nights sleep, that alone is worth its weight in gold. jmo.
That's great about your Mom..lol..I think that after my academic life and the few years that i have in my working life are over, I would like to try a hash brownie from Colorado....I don't think I'll ever smoke a joint again, because my lungs are'nt the best anymore...One thing that I regret in my life is not trying acid when I was young, but I am afraid of buying from an illegal drug dealer and won't do that now like I might have at age 18. I have heard that acid expands your mind, but a bad trip is something that takes hours to recover from, and my wife would probably not understand that.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I voted no from pot smoking experience. For those who have mentioned using it for a pain killer is crazy. I am not going to debate it, but I SMOKED for 20 years and it did crap for killing pain, alcohol worked till I woke up and realized it was mental pain.
These guys are professional athletes getting paid 100's and millions of dollars.
If anything give them the off season after the teams season ending game till a couple weeks before free agency to go on a binge.
I agree with the guy who mentioned driving with stoner than a drinker. Did it a million times, both.
Pain killers are a different story, take as directed. I live in pain ( 2 herniated discs ) and take tramadol, 1 a day is all my work doctor will allow. He said it's something you have to live with.
I haven't drank alcohol or smoked weed in 17 year's and can't risk my job because I needed to catch a buzz.

I think there's a difference between medicinal cannabis and the weed people smoke. Medicinal cannabis has healing properties while the normal weed just gives you a high of some sort. Any healing they feel smoking weed is probably a placebo effect.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
That's great about your Mom..lol..I think that after my academic life and the few years that i have in my working life are over, I would like to try a hash brownie from Colorado....I don't think I'll ever smoke a joint again, because my lungs are'nt the best anymore...One thing that I regret in my life is not trying acid when I was young, but I am afraid of buying from an illegal drug dealer and won't do that now like I might have at age 18. I have heard that acid expands your mind, but a bad trip is something that takes hours to recover from, and my wife would probably not understand that.

Well, ... obviously we are getting way away from what we want our NFL players to be doing or not, but as someone who consumed near 100 tabs from my late teens to mid-20's, I never had a bad experience. I found that many people over-exaggerated the hallucinogenic visuals, but I always had a good time. Of course, acid may very well affect each of us a little differently. I only witnessed one bad trip, and the guy was kind of unstable to begin with, but back then we had qualudes to help bring someone down fairly quickly. I never saw pink elephants or ridiculous kaleidoscopic images, but the rush was pretty intense. There were interesting visuals which are very difficult to describe, whether it be observing other people moving about or the trails they left, & communicating with others in what feels like a surreal manner felt rather unreal. Trails could sometimes appear like slow motion photography, but the acid I took always came with a speedy sensation, so you definitely want to have access to a safe outdoor area, where you can walk and enjoy the crazy scenery and colors without too many disturbances. Both the desert and mountains are good places, just make sure you don't get lost in your wonderings as the effects can last for several hours. If you do decide to go for it, do it with someone you trust, and avoid anyone you don't. The wrong people could freak you out. I'd also recommend a strong heart as it can be kind of speedy. jmo.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I come from the point of view, that all I really have to compete with is my mind. I had a few physical skills, wasted on a short frame when I was young...But even now at age 53 (Today's my birthday)
Happy birthday young'un. You've barely just begun ...

Man, the time is about to start flying, seems like 53 was just yesterday. :doh:

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
You totally jumped over the idea that inhaling a burning substance might have negative side effects over the long term on a person's lungs
I tend to agree with this. I'm of the mindset that inhaling anything other than air is probably bad for you, and depending on where you live even the air is bad for you. Which is why I've always preferred edibles, that and I feel is has a better overall affect.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
I think there's a difference between medicinal cannabis and the weed people smoke. Medicinal cannabis has healing properties while the normal weed just gives you a high of some sort. Any healing they feel smoking weed is probably a placebo effect.

There is Endo and Outdo.

Endo is dank. Outdo is basically stress.