Poll: Post Gurley RB strategy

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Use of RB's Going Forward

• Use and abuse Akers and look to trade him after three years as the bell-cow RB

Votes: 30 56.6%
  • Nah man, if Akers does good, we should preserve him and get ready for that 2nd contract

Votes: 15 28.3%
  • Doesn't matter. Only get RB's after round three cuz RB by committee is the only way.

Votes: 8 15.1%

• Total voters

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

Yeah, I agree with you, flv. Henderson will be used just as much as Akers, in my honest opinion; he'll be the home run threat, and that means a lot.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am a Henderson fan, and agree... he’s getting carries. (y)

At the same time, the Rams used their top pick on a RB. They clearly wanted to add more at the position.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What am I missing? @Memento @CGI_Ram @flv? From the little I saw of him, it didn't seem that he could block that well for Jared. What about you three, did you see Henderson as a good, willing blocker in pass protection? I've understood that a guy who is unable to block for the QB, won't see the field that often. Reportedly, Akers is a good blocker, hence the reason why he'll be on the field the most.

Oregonram

OregonRam
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, Hendo’s and Akers 40 times are nearly identical 4.49 to 4.47...Based on tape, Hendo looks a bit more elusive, and Akers will make you pay physically. For McVay, who he uses more may come down to 2 things:
1. The ability to pass protect
2. Keeping away from mental errors
Sean seems to favor a lot of neck up players without sacrificing physicality.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What am I missing? @Memento @CGI_Ram @flv? From the little I saw of him, it didn't seem that he could block that well for Jared. What about you three, did you see Henderson as a good, willing blocker in pass protection? I've understood that a guy who is unable to block for the QB, won't see the field that often. Reportedly, Akers is a good blocker, hence the reason why he'll be on the field the most.
Agreed
Henderson was brought in to be that change of pace guy, and that he can still be. But he seemed to struggle in grasping the position needs, had a lot of opps in pre-season. One thing we know about this regime, they arent going to wait a couple seasons for Isaiah Pead to grasp the playbook...

RamDino

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The only concern I have with Akers is the fumbles. Apparently the Rams must think they can coach that out of him.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

I am not sure you are missing anything. I expect Akers to be 1a, maybe even right away.

As far as Henderson and pass protection; you can teach and learn that. You can’t teach and learn “to run”. If he has his head down learning, his blocking should improve.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The only concern I have with Akers is the fumbles. Apparently the Rams must think they can coach that out of him.

Yeah, I hope they are all over that before he gets any reputation there.

His fumble stats weren’t horrible, but not great either, if I recall. Hopefully there are some techniques for him to improve.

dang

Legend
While it’s apparent Gurley lost a step. He’s still got power. I will say his receiving results were a huge disappointment over the past 2 seasons. I think more than Gurley regressing, McVay wants to evolve the offense and Gurley was not going to be a big enough part of that evolution.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
stickem and velcro...

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Not me. Was not high on the pick. not saying we won’t contribute but I felt his college stats were in large part due to the favorable situation he was in.

rams1fan

Pro Bowler
Almost 60% are on board with using and abusing him. Here. Is hoping cam doesn’t read this board

LA_Rams_#29

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
LA Rams 29
We have a nice 3 man rotation. Malcolm Brown will be a more between the tackles guy, likely our goaline guy. And our 2 smaller faster backs will compete and make things happen on 1st and 2nd down. I'd say Brown for now would be the 3rd down guy as well as he's a good receiver and a decent pass blocker.

But I like our top 3 guys. Will see if John Kelly can hold off our UDFAs for our 4th RB.