Poll: Pick at #13...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who's your pick at #13

• Bridgewater

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • Donald

Votes: 37 45.1%
  • Dennard

Votes: 11 13.4%
  • Dix

Votes: 10 12.2%
  • Pryor

Votes: 5 6.1%
  • Trade Down

Votes: 15 18.3%

• Total voters

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I chose Donald. I think if he make it to 13 he's just too talented to pass up. I would like a CB here but could not pass up that pocket pushing pass rush.

That's My view too.

Donald playing next to Brockers, and with our DEs, could be DROY.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
This is kind of a loaded question. Our defense is helped the most with Dennard here, so I voted him.

Donald is the BPA, and if you can justify picking him to sit behind Langford and Brockers for a year...then sure.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Not so sure I could live with that trade @BonifayRam . I am assuming you mean a 2nd and a 3rd? At 13, in this draft, I expect to land a difference maker, not just depth or rotational talent. This seems like too much of a drop for my liking, unless it's with someone at the very top of the rounds.

I Understand your reasoning. Yes its my thinking that a team could get the 1.13 pick in exchange for a couple seconds (one in 2014 & one in 2015) & a third. A team like the Browns who have a load of selections could offer up 2.35 & 3.71 and a 2nd in 2015 . Reasons that make it a possibility is #1- it provides Snead with a extra early second day draft selection in 2015 & #2 with his draft being so deep it would provide Snead to be a major player on the second day of the draft where this draft is so very special with two second rounders 2.35 & 2.44 & two third rounders 3.71 & 3.75. With all those third day draft picks in the ammo case he could move @ will to which players he desires.

As the teams who needed QB's pass on them all in the top 10 they would now start to look hard how to get back up close to get whom they desire and 1.13 looks like a perfect spot where the QB's will heat up teams like the Texans, Jags, Browns, Raiders & Vikings would NOW be in the hunt for their QB.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I went with Pryor, but I am also quite keen on trying to pick up Ha Ha Clinton-Dix and then Boo Boo Gates in later rounds :p

wrstdude

Rookie
This is kind of a loaded question. Our defense is helped the most with Dennard here, so I voted him.

Donald is the BPA, and if you can justify picking him to sit behind Langford and Brockers for a year...then sure.

First he doesn't play the same technique as Brockers, so he wouldn't be sitting behind him. Second, Donald would beat out Langford. The Rams will see what a true disruptive 3 tech is supposed to look like. This of course isn't to say Langford is bad; he just doesn't have the ability of Donald.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am pretty sure that Aaron Donald would NOT put Kendall Langford on the bench as a starter. I would think that AD is the perfect ingredient to make the interior DL that more powerful. Cudjo & Conrath (especially Cudjo) were not that effective when those two were rotated in with MB & KL. Fisher got better results when he inserted DE's Hayes & Sims but that also weakens the DE rotations too. The added ingredient here would be AD. Leaving the four DE's working all out @ rotation which is a very good DE cadre ....now with the addition of AD in the interior makes the entire DL cadre that much better. Cudjo needs to be replaced yesterday!

Aaron Donald would be one heck of a off the bench DL'er in passing situations.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
IMHO picking a QB in the first round is worse (for the Rams) than just letting the clock expire with no pick.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
I chose Dennard over Donald.
Cb depth is a greater need at this point.
Donald wouldn't hurt my feelings at all though.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I went with Donald just because he seems to be the Marilyn Monroe of this board.

A55VA6

Legend
Let's say these were the players the Rams were choosing from, this would be the order I'd prefer:

1. Donald
2. Dennard
3. Pryor
4. Clinton-Dix
5. Bridgewater

I don't think we should draft Teddy unless he's there in the 2nd or something.. but that's still a maybe because a 2nd round player at a different position would most likely impact this team much much more than Bridgewater would. Just image our D-line with Donald though. Long, Langford, Brockers, Quinn, Donald, Hayes, etc.. Damn, that is one hell of a D-line at any point of the game. Donald is a possible pro bowl caliber player. I assume he'd end up overtaking Langford as the starter alongside Brockers in 15' depending on his production in his rookie year. I'm pretty sure the Rams would be salivating at 13 if he's there.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I agree, unfortunately. Likely to the NY Giants right in front of us.
They apparently love Ebron, but I just cant see them going TE with some of the glaring holes they have

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
They apparently love Ebron, but I just cant see them going TE with some of the glaring holes they have
Yeah Ebron would be a great fit. IMO Ebron will slide down a little farther into the 15-20 slots.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
Definitely a need, but i can't see them taking Lewan over Donald.
If they don't fix their line, Manning's career is over, and he should be able to play another 5 years or so. They sucked this year, because they had a crappy OL. If I were them, I'd take Lewan over Donald, and it wouldn't be close.

Glad, that I am not them;)

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
If they don't fix their line, Manning's career is over, and he should be able to play another 5 years or so. They sucked this year, because they had a crappy OL. If I were them, I'd take Lewan over Donald, and it wouldn't be close.

Glad, that I am not them;)
I wish you were, for a moment during the draft at least. That would give us a better chance at getting Donald.