POLL- Does Clowney get fined for the hit on Wentz?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Does Clowney get fined for the hit on Wentz?

• Yes

Votes: 52 65.0%
  • No

Votes: 24 30.0%
  • I'd hit that.

Votes: 4 5.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
To keep the barbarians in Philadelphia happy, Clowney will be fined, but Wentz was hurt and the Eagles still lost.

ozarkram

Hall of Shame
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Clowney was on last night. He was manhandling anyone in his way. They (refs) let them play. Which I have never understood why they call them one way in the regular season and another in the playoffs. Anyway was he trying to hurt the QB? No. Was he bringing the heat? Yeah he was.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Truth - yes he should be fined !!! He will get extra money for putting Wentz out of the game as well. No bounty, but still extends his playoff run. Did he try to hurt Wentz yes if delivering pain is in consideration, was he trying to put him out of the game no !!

Wentz needs to be smarter than that & put himself at risk !! Goff learned his rookie season when Sherman knocked the SHIT OUT of him. Fisher kept telling him afterward you can’t take those hits !!!
Mcvay loves Goff’s toughness, but is smart about the hits he takes !! I still think like in hockey you fine him(they suspend guys) more so if the result of the hit.

Just makes me happy the way Bobby Evans squares up against Clowney. Something to be said about that !!

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
@So Ram I don't think Wentz is going to change his style at all. This is what he is.

so be it !! Really happy for Nick Foles to get his chance . Barron & Sampson Ebukam put a hurt on him.
Not a big fan of Wentz, but he still has a nice career ahead of him.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
I voted no because of the way Wentz was trying to dive for extra yards. He's not a QB with "QB Protections" when he's running like that. I wouldn't fine him.

But... in the NFL today... especially with a starting QB... the league tends to go overboard on protection and they also go overboard giving the appearance of safety and protection for every player being top priority because of lawsuits and potential lawsuits. So I wouldn't be surprised if a fine was given.

Flint

Pro Bowler
Wentz was on his way to the ground and Clowney sees that, this wasn’t an attempted tackle, he was only trying to hit him. Which is fine except spearing and hitting guys on the ground isn’t allowed the way it used to be. A 260 pound man launching onto you when you’re on the ground is going to cause injury and despite what Clark says the league is trying to eliminate it. Add to that he was leading with his head, if he keeps his head up extends his arms and grabs Wentz then Wentz probably stays in the game. Offensive and defensive players are still using the helmet as a weapon and this one seems like a sure fine.

Ram65

Legend

At the 14:30 mark is the play. If you look at the whole play. I think it should be a fine. It's so close to spearing even though Wentz was not on the ground.

Thinking if it was Goff he may have gone down a couple of steps sooner.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
I wouldn't be surprised if he's fined just so the NFL can save face. Was expecting Wentz to start being a pocket passer moving forward but enjoy your chunk yardage and sustained drives at the cost of your career.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Wentz was on his way to the ground and Clowney sees that, this wasn’t an attempted tackle, he was only trying to hit him. Which is fine except spearing and hitting guys on the ground isn’t allowed the way it used to be. A 260 pound man launching onto you when you’re on the ground is going to cause injury and despite what Clark says the league is trying to eliminate it. Add to that he was leading with his head, if he keeps his head up extends his arms and grabs Wentz then Wentz probably stays in the game. Offensive and defensive players are still using the helmet as a weapon and this one seems like a sure fine.

One thing the league should stop and that I HATE is when offensive players stiffarm to the head and specifically when they go to the facemask.

It's a dick move that defenders ALWAYS get called on but not RB's or receivers.

OC--LeftCoast

Agent Provocateur
Name
Greg
From my perspective it did appear to me that Clowney dipped his head at the last moment to get in a hit which if we’re being honest was unnecessary as Wentz was clearly going down

I suppose its all about intent which is subjective

Last edited:

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
He'll get fined...but - as much as I hate to say it for a Seahag - he won't deserve one.