Player poll.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which Player Would You Rather Have On Your Team?

• Michael Sam

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • Richie Incognito

Votes: 15 30.6%

• Total voters

tonyl711

Starter
I would have to take Richie, simply because of the need for OG, Plus Sam is kind of light for a DE in the NFL imo, he would have a hard time getting on the field.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
My point is that we need to get away from aging vets. The best OL's in the league are ones with long term stablility. Signing guys in their 30's only means you are more likely to have to replace that guy soon. And most of the time, over pay for said vet FA. I would rather get a guy who has upside, but coming off his first contract (3-4 yr vet) and coach him up.

I agree with both you and Mojo. It seems like we have seen too many high priced lineman come in and not produce. IMO there are reasons why other teams don't re-sign older O-Lineman. They are too expensive to re-sign and/or they have a younger player who is ready to step in and become the starter. It also seems our O-Line is like a revolving door regarding not having the same 5 guys starting each week. I know guys get banged up, but we always seem to have one of the starters get injured and then sits out for weeks at-a-time, only to have the backup get injured causing us dig deep to replace the injured backup. I would like to see where the same O-Line plays the entire year without any major injuries. It would be nice to also have backups play throughout the year not just in a "injury replacement mode" too. We can draft all the skill guys we want, but if we don't have an O-Line that can play the entire year together and develop the continuity you need for overall success with the offensive production, we are always going to struggle putting points on the board. A great O-Line will make the entire offense great especially if you don't have elite players at the skilled positions. We are on the cusp of greatness with this offense, but the O-Line will make or break their success in 2014 and beyond.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I dislike the idea of going for anyone with the kind of media attention (unrelated to football) that these two have amassed. However, there is no doubt in my mind that Sam would be the better of the two. He is a young, promising DE who could even translate to an OLB if necessary. There is nothing really to suggest that he would be a negative presence in the locker room in the sense that the old, tempered Cogs would.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
First off I'd say neither. But if it were a forced situation, I'd actually lean toward Richie. We need O-line help and despite his idiotic behavior, he's a pretty good guard. I see no reason to use a 3rd or 4th on a player (DE) we not only don't need but doesn't appear to be any kind of upgrade over our depth players. If we're talking DEs, for me it's Clowney or no one this year. IMO - we have positions that can actually be upgraded with a pick in that range.

bluecoconuts

Legend
Sam, but mostly because Richie attracts negative attention, and that's what I don't want. No need to throw bad eggs into the room.