Player poll.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Which Player Would You Rather Have On Your Team?

• Michael Sam

Votes: 34 69.4%
  • Richie Incognito

Votes: 15 30.6%

• Total voters

PhxRam

Both will be bringing the media circus to town.

What say you?

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
Which one brings the most to the team? Off hand, I'd say numbskull/Incognito. Need o line help, right?

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Incognito is an idiot and past his prime whereas Sam offers so much more and many different areas....Sorry the Rams and every other team should avoid Incognito like the Bubonic plague!

rhinobean

Hall of Fame
Name
Bob
I don't disagree! As a Mizzou fan, I like the idea. Question is who helps the team most. Sign Roger and forget about knucklehead!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I'm surprised anyone votes for Richie,freak the media and freak their circus, Incognito wore his welcome out here before
and I wouldn't want him back if no one knew about Johnny crybaby. If I could vote fifty times I'd do it ,the Sams kid every time.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Well do I HAVE to choose one? Because really... I don't want either. Neither guy is a fit for this team. MS's personal status has nothing to do with it either. It's the fact that he really would only be a situational player and wouldn't be able to even back anyone up. His skills are pass rush only, IMHO. RI's issues (other than being bad for a locker room) are the facts that 1) he is OLD and 2) he is a penalty machine. We need to eliminate, not increase our odds of moving the offense backwards.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Michael Sam.

Richie Incognito already took a dump on the fans a few years back. Plus he's not some superstar player. Journeyman.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well do I HAVE to choose one? Because really... I don't want either. Neither guy is a fit for this team. MS's personal status has nothing to do with it either. It's the fact that he really would only be a situational player and wouldn't be able to even back anyone up. His skills are pass rush only, IMHO. RI's issues (other than being bad for a locker room) are the facts that 1) he is OLD and 2) he is a penalty machine. We need to eliminate, not increase our odds of moving the offense backwards.

you dont HAVE to vote on anything. Just curious as to which player fans would choose if the decision was forced on them.

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Agree with Angry. Sam would be a difference maker, while Richie could be a possible starter for a couple years and then a backup. Sam would be long-term and Incognito would be short term.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
you dont HAVE to vote on anything. Just curious as to which player fans would choose if the decision was forced on them.
Well in the question you just posed then we DO have to. If it was forced upon us. I guess I would go with MS ... but it would be a LATE rd. pick. I just don't see him even being active every game. I don't see hie "media circus" being as bad as RI's.

But I give him the edge to RI .... our OL is too damn old as it is. And bonehead penalties moving the offense backwards. Add in the constant "Richie Watch" from the media and there is no value in signing him.

PhxRam

• Thread Starter Thread Starter
Well in the question you just posed then we DO have to. If it was forced upon us. I guess I would go with MS ... but it would be a LATE rd. pick. I just don't see him even being active every game. I don't see hie "media circus" being as bad as RI's.

But I give him the edge to RI .... our OL is too damn old as it is. And bonehead penalties moving the offense backwards. Add in the constant "Richie Watch" from the media and there is no value in signing him.

okay.. You DO have to vote :D

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
our OL is too damn old as it is.

Long - Age 28 (6 yrs.)
Williams - Age 28 (6 yrs.)
Barnes - Age 25 (2 yrs.)
Saffold - Age 26 (4 yrs.)
Barksdale - Age 26 (3 yrs.)

Assuming that Long completely recovers from his injury, we re-sign Saffold and cut loose both Wells and Dahl, the average age of the O-Line will be on average 27 years old with 21 years combined experience. Not to sure how you figure its "old" even if you add back Wells and Dahl the average age jumps to 29 and 32 years combined experience. That is getting up there, but still not what I would consider old. My two cents.

ReddingRam

Hall of Fame
Long - Age 28 (6 yrs.)
Barnes - Age 25 (2 yrs.)

Assuming that Long completely recovers from his injury, we re-sign Saffold and cut loose both Wells and Dahl, the average age of the O-Line will be on average 27 years old with 21 years combined experience. Not to sure how you figure its "old" even if you add back Wells and Dahl the average age jumps to 29 and 32 years combined experience. That is getting up there, but still not what I would consider old. My two cents.
I was factoring in Wells and Dahl. My point is that we need to get away from aging vets. The best OL's in the league are ones with long term stablility. Signing guys in their 30's only means you are more likely to have to replace that guy soon. And most of the time, over pay for said vet FA. I would rather get a guy who has upside, but coming off his first contract (3-4 yr vet) and coach him up.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Long - Age 28 (6 yrs.)
Barnes - Age 25 (2 yrs.)

Old or not,its brittle as fuck.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Cogs.

He might be an idiot. But that's more common in football than you think.

Plus we need help at OG.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
I wouldn't pick either.

For Sam, the only knock beyond the media circus thing is that we're set at DE... but I'm not sure I heard anyone talking about him before the coming out.

Incognito, we knew what he was on field before we knew what he was off field. A Pro Bowl appearance does nothing to convince me he's not a knucklehead. As I said, not even on veteran minimum. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me.