Player comparisons

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

libertadrocks

Hall of Fame
DR RAM said:
libertadrocks said:
DR.... Based on your comparison of Vaccaro to Roy Williams, are you suggesting that you think he will be a liability in coverage? Or just that he likes to lay wood?

Gotta give props to you an jrry. I tried to sit down and draw comparisons between those prospect and NFL players and struggled.

I agree with your Austin/Harvin comparison. Thats what I had as well. Although a cross between Harvin and Smith is a better comparison.
Thanks, and I think that both may be true about Vaccaro, I see him as an excellent in the box safety who hits hard. I also see him as maybe a bit of a liability in space, more so than in coverage. He does a pretty good job on covering guys in the slot, but I don't see him as a center fielder. Cyprien appears to be more fluid as an athlete, and I think he will cover more ground with the ball in the air. Same with Elam. P. Thomas, and B. Rambo also seem like more pure free safeties.

Okay. Got it.

Vaccaro is my favorite safety in this draft, but I think you are right when you suggest he isnt a center fielder.

I like his versatility tho. He can cover guys and come up and make a big hit. He is explosive when he hits the ball carrier or makes a break on the play. I think he's a SS that can cover when he is asked to. I like Quintin Mikell, but IMO he was a good in the box safety who was a liability in coverage. I see Vaccaro as a definite upgrade.

I have seen him struggle in space. He may miss a few plays here and there because of that, but he's a playmaker. That's what we need IMO

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
libertadrocks said:
DR RAM said:
libertadrocks said:
DR.... Based on your comparison of Vaccaro to Roy Williams, are you suggesting that you think he will be a liability in coverage? Or just that he likes to lay wood?

Gotta give props to you an jrry. I tried to sit down and draw comparisons between those prospect and NFL players and struggled.

I agree with your Austin/Harvin comparison. Thats what I had as well. Although a cross between Harvin and Smith is a better comparison.
Thanks, and I think that both may be true about Vaccaro, I see him as an excellent in the box safety who hits hard. I also see him as maybe a bit of a liability in space, more so than in coverage. He does a pretty good job on covering guys in the slot, but I don't see him as a center fielder. Cyprien appears to be more fluid as an athlete, and I think he will cover more ground with the ball in the air. Same with Elam. P. Thomas, and B. Rambo also seem like more pure free safeties.

Okay. Got it.

Vaccaro is my favorite safety in this draft, but I think you are right when you suggest he isnt a center fielder.

I like his versatility tho. He can cover guys and come up and make a big hit. He is explosive when he hits the ball carrier or makes a break on the play. I think he's a SS that can cover when he is asked to. I like Quintin Mikell, but IMO he was a good in the box safety who was a liability in coverage. I see Vaccaro as a definite upgrade.

I have seen him struggle in space. He may miss a few plays here and there because of that, but he's a playmaker. That's what we need IMO
I agree, Mikell struggled in man and zone. Vaccaro, IMO, would definitely be an upgrade, and he is a dynamic playmaker, especially when he delivers the blow.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Vaccaro is another prospect that we don't see eye to eye on, Dr. I think with his inability to get off blocks and him being slow to diagnose the run that he is best off out of the box unless he's matched up man to man on the slot WR. I'd say Vaccaro, like Michael Huff, should either be a FS with slot capabilities or be moved altogether to CB in a press man scheme.

I don't rate Vaccaro as highly as others.

But things wouldn't be interesting if everyone agreed on everything. :yeh:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
For what it's worth, and if anyone is interested, here's the safety combo's Fisher had during his time in HOU/TEN.
<a class="postlink" href="http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/oti/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/oti/</a>

tIPpQw6.png

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
jrry32 said:
Vaccaro is another prospect that we don't see eye to eye on, Dr. I think with his inability to get off blocks and him being slow to diagnose the run that he is best off out of the box unless he's matched up man to man on the slot WR. I'd say Vaccaro, like Michael Huff, should either be a FS with slot capabilities or be moved altogether to CB in a press man scheme.

He's not my highest rated guy, but if you see him as a center fielder, then we are not even close on him, which is fine. Maybe he can do that, but his stats and the tape that I have seen, he's almost always at the LOS. I just haven't seen him in space very much. I am not stoked with his movement skills and stiffness. I wouldn't pick Vaccaro in the first round, but I had him there when I started my safety evaluations.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
DR RAM said:
jrry32 said:

He's not my highest rated guy, but if you see him as a center fielder, then we are not even close on him, which is fine. Maybe he can do that, but his stats and the tape that I have seen, he's almost always at the LOS. I just haven't seen him in space very much. I am not stoked with his movement skills and stiffness. I wouldn't pick Vaccaro in the first round, but I had him there when I started my safety evaluations.

I don't see him as a CF because I never saw him do at Texas. Honestly, I see him as more of a CB than a Safety.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I'm willing to go on record in support of Cyprien and Elam.

Cyprien my favorite.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
CGI_Ram said:
I'm willing to go on record in support of Cyprien and Elam.

Cyprien my favorite.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2
Me too.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
jrry32 said:
This is what I have:
Jonathan Cooper = Marshall Yanda
Chance Warmack = Alan Faneca
Tavon Austin = Gary Clark
Cordarrelle Patterson = Jeremy Maclin
Keenan Allen = Michael Crabtree
Eddie Lacy = Rudi Johnson
Matt Elam = Ryan Clark
Kenny Vaccaro = Michael Huff
Jonathan Cyprien = Dashon Goldson
Alec Ogletree = Derrick Johnson

None are perfect comparisons but this is who I think they best compare to in the NFL.
Nice.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgbwbAoJrgg[/youtube]

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Jonathan Cooper = Davin Joseph

Chance Warmack = Ben Grubbs

Tavon Austin = Desean Jackson

Cordarrelle Patterson = Stevie Johnson

Keenan Allen = Pierre Garcon (although I admit IDK much about Keenan)
Eddie Lacy = Michael Turner

Matt Elam = Harrison Smith

Kenny Vaccaro = William Moore

Jonathan Cyprien = Jairus Byrd

Alec Ogletree = DJ Williams

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Angry Ram said:
Jonathan Cooper = Davin Joseph

Chance Warmack = Ben Grubbs

Tavon Austin = Desean Jackson

Cordarrelle Patterson = Stevie Johnson

Keenan Allen = Pierre Garcon (although I admit IDK much about Keenan)
Eddie Lacy = Michael Turner

Matt Elam = Harrison Smith

Kenny Vaccaro = William Moore

Jonathan Cyprien = Jairus Byrd

Alec Ogletree = DJ Williams

That's a real good comparison. I didn't think about Turner.