Pierre Garcon could consider Rams in free agency

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Also Kenny Stills. Only 25 yr' old and a proven deep threat. that is one thing that truly has been missing from this offense for quite some time is a guy who can actually stretch the field.

He could be the perfect sprinkle that can
Get over the top

As many have stated, Garcon's older and his best years are behind him, he is not a number one option any more. That said, after watching him the last few years with the Redskins, he is strong and tough, blocks well, runs hard, and doesn't take plays off. He doesn't have the speed anymore but can be a great possession receiver. RG3 was never a very accurate passer, and Garcon helped increase RG3's stats by catching some very questionably thrown balls that were behind and over the top. He can be a great asset to any team if the price is right and would fit right in with McVays offense.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
He had 1 really bad drop. Just as bad as the Kenny Stills drop. Thomas has shown route running and an ability to get open. That was an issue of his coming out of college. I'm not going to write a guy off for 1 huge drop in his rookie season. It's not impossible or hard to improve catching ability, it's probably harder to learn how to get open.

I really wish it was just one drop but it was his play collectively for the season. He only had 3 receptions for 37 yards and only caught 33% of his targets. He did have that 41 yard kickoff return but he also fumbled the opening kickoff of the Falcons game on the 5 yard line. I just didn't really see anything that I haven't already seen from the rest of our subpar WRs. We really need to seek out a FA.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
We really need to seek out a FA.
Oh 100% agree. That and a possible early draft pick. I'm not saying this team is even close to being set at WR, I'm just saying the kid deserves a chance. He was a 6th round rookie playing in very limited snaps on the worst offense in the league, being coached by people who are no longer with the team. I would like to see what Thomas can do after a full offseason with a better coaching staff and some actual game time. He's shown some skills as a wr. He's credited with 1 drop from the 2 sites I've seen, so his 33% catch rate isn't that discerning,

I didn't even consider his ST play. He's an outstanding gunner, an ok returner. Tavon's fumbled returns, Benny's fumbled returns, it happens.

StealYoGurley

Pro Bowler
You could have Garcon and Stills from somewhere between 14.5m to 17.5m a year or Jefferey for around 14 mil year. IMO the Rams will be more inclined to do the former. Snead always has some phrase during the offseason that he always uses during interviews that tip his hand. This year's phrase is McVay wants his receiving group to look like a basketball team meaning multiple weapons filling different roles.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
What I like in Garçon is his after catch work ethic, he may have lost a yard or two in speed, but he still has the smarts to beat a defender for an extra few yards

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Garçon could be our Anquan Boldin and his game seems to rely on skills that should diminish slower with age?

I'm in.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/20/garςons-social-media-post-acknowledges-the-obvious/

Garςon’s social media post acknowledges the obvious
Posted by Mike Florio on February 20, 2017

625628906-e1487624781947.jpg
Getty Images

Much has been made — and inferred, or is it implied? — about Washington receiver Pierre Garςon’s seemingly lighthearted Instagram post that generally asked, “#YALLHIRING?

The message ultimately says nothing other than Garςon, a pending free agent, currently doesn’t have a deal to return to the team. With 17 days to go until free agency opens (and, perhaps more importantly, 15 days until his agent can talk to other teams), the team is apparently playing the waiting game.

The waiting game becomes the tampering game next week in Indianapolis, when teams and agents begin to meet and to discuss hypothetical (or actual) offers for looming free agents, setting the market and allowing the player’s current team to determine whether it will or won’t pay him what he can get elsewhere.

For Washington, it’s a complicated question. With both Garςon and Jackson becoming free agents, it’s unclear whether either or both will stay. That likely will depend on what it will cost to keep them.

Regardless, it’s too early to call the Instagram post anything more than it is — a recognition by the player that the team has yet to sign him. They may, they may not. Either way, time will tell.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2017/02/20/garςons-social-media-post-acknowledges-the-obvious/

Garςon’s social media post acknowledges the obvious
Posted by Mike Florio on February 20, 2017

625628906-e1487624781947.jpg
Getty Images

Much has been made — and inferred, or is it implied? — about Washington receiver Pierre Garςon’s seemingly lighthearted Instagram post that generally asked, “#YALLHIRING?

The message ultimately says nothing other than Garςon, a pending free agent, currently doesn’t have a deal to return to the team. With 17 days to go until free agency opens (and, perhaps more importantly, 15 days until his agent can talk to other teams), the team is apparently playing the waiting game.

The waiting game becomes the tampering game next week in Indianapolis, when teams and agents begin to meet and to discuss hypothetical (or actual) offers for looming free agents, setting the market and allowing the player’s current team to determine whether it will or won’t pay him what he can get elsewhere.

For Washington, it’s a complicated question. With both Garςon and Jackson becoming free agents, it’s unclear whether either or both will stay. That likely will depend on what it will cost to keep them.

Regardless, it’s too early to call the Instagram post anything more than it is — a recognition by the player that the team has yet to sign him. They may, they may not. Either way, time will tell.

Waiting in anticipation to see where he goes. Hopefully here.
24247f9cb8203fc6500dcad4b535616c.gif

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
I would love to see Garcon be a signing for our team. And like I have said in the past, I wouldn't be surprised if Vernon Davis comes over.

Imagine Garcon's influence coming to full fruition. . .

Tavon!
Mike Thomas-The deep threat! (We all know he can get open)
Spruce - I could see his route running being a thing in a Mcvay offense
Higbee - I could see him being moved all over the place (with a Vernon Davis right there next to him through the season)

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
I want Garçon and Stills or Jeffrey and Stills.

Either way, I'll be happy. I would prefer Jeffrey and Stills so we can just be done with the WR position for a few years.