Pick 19 - WE HAVE A 1ST ROUND PICK

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Shuie3225

Starter
Surprised this isn't a thread yet. Wtf are we doing at 19???

Our first 1st round pick in 8 years.

WR??
CB?
OLB?
OL?
BPA?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
BPA but I'd love one of these CB that should be there for us. Too bad Mitchell seems to have ruined our shot at him.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
With the Rams history, odds of either trading it for a player or trading back - either way, not making a pick in the first round - have to be at what, 75%?

dang

Legend
The Rams will have a short list of players they are willing to use their R1.19 pick on. Spitballing here:
-If one of them is left they use the R1.19 pick
-If none of them are left they’ll trade out of R1 to pick up multiple top 100 picks. Hypothetical trade with Cards: R1.19/R6.191 for R2.34/R3.68/R4.104
-If multiple players are left they trade back but stay in R1. Hypothetical trade with Bills: R1.19/R3.100 for R1.28/R2.60/R5.162.

Ram Ts

Hall of Fame
If they keep the pick, it’s got to be either Edge rusher or CB - depending on how FA goes. My guess based on the expected talent would be CB.

I’d probably back 5-15 spots. So many good options for this team in that 25-75 range.

oldnotdead

Legend
I think it's return to fuck 'em picks to trade up inside the top 10 to get a QB with the Chargers, Giants, or TN. If the targeted QB drops below the top 10 it will probably be easier to trade up to get one. I don't think they can get a QB that fits what McVay wants at 19. So IMO they will look at other opportunities to trade for a QB in 2025.

In the second day they have 3 picks. CB, WR, OT, Edge are probably in that second day cluster depending upon how the draft develops. But the Rams are looking forward and the #1 long term priority is probably going to be Stafford's replacement beginning in 2025. It's a primary reason IMO McVay changed his offense. Do I think they could find a good one year developmental QB at 19 or in the second round? Yeah I do. But it would really come down to how well he's been scouted and what it is he needs developmental work on.

McVay's offense more than some runs through the QB who needs to be able to go through his progressions quickly and make strong accurate throws. To think the Rams are going to assume Stafford plays beyond 2024 is a crapshoot. It's why taking a QB in the first round gives them options with that 5th year they don't have with a QB taken in a lower round. A year to give to Stafford or to develop the rookie. It's why despite Stafford playing well in 2023 QB has to be a very high if not the top priority for the Rams.

It's why I've always favored Penix and Nix because both have shown the ability to read their progressions quickly and throw with accuracy.

dang

Legend
If they keep the pick, it’s got to be either Edge rusher or CB - depending on how FA goes. My guess based on the expected talent would be CB.

I’d probably back 5-15 spots. So many good options for this team in that 25-75 range.
Young is still a project so I think they go for a proven vet FA at Edge. And BPA at CB/OT/WR with their first draft pick.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I would like to see a trade down 4 to 5 spots and pick up another pick in top 100.... then OL or Edge. IMO, the CB class is deep and we could get a year one starter in the 3rd or 4th round.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

If they don't sign Dotson, they could move Jackson to RG and draft an OLT. There are a bunch of good ones in this draft.

They could go many ways. If there's a player that McVay loves, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to move up for him.

There are a few good DTs too. With allot the QBs and OTs there may be Avery good one at 19. Gotta think about the future without AD, and have insurance in case of injury

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
I would like to see a trade down 4 to 5 spots and pick up another pick in top 100.... then OL or Edge. IMO, the CB class is deep and we could get a year one starter in the 3rd or 4th round.

I’m thinking the Rams might grab a #1 CB at #19 if the player they want is there. If not, they’ll trade back those 4 or 5 spots like you say and possibly grab a WR. There are some good ones that might make the 2nd round, but probably not all the way down to the Rams’ scheduled pick.

Plus, trading back a few spots would probably get back that 4th rounder the Rams currently don’t have. I just don’t see them going that long between picks and NOT drafting in the 4th.

All in all, the more I see all of these proposed mocks, I’m seeing your plan as very likely—trade back just a few spots, and the Rams will go another year without picking in the 1rst round!

Tano

Legend
I believe they either trade back or pick someone that no one will mock to us at that pick.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
If they don't sign Dotson, they could move Jackson to RG and draft an OLT. There are a bunch of good ones in this draft.

They could go many ways. If there's a player that McVay loves, I wouldn't be surprised if they try to move up for him.

There are a few good DTs too. With allot the QBs and OTs there may be Avery good one at 19. Gotta think about the future without AD, and have insurance in case of injury
Good post.

IMO. They should draft an OT if a good one drops. If we pick near where we are slated it has to be at one of the impact positions. The biggest problem we have faced is OL health so keep building the trenches.

If we continue to play zone in the secondary then a CB can be had later in a deep draft.

We would be better off going after a vet at OLB and also MLB in FA. Don’t sleep on Jones. He has to be used more in the blitz and has shown he has the juice to also come off the edge. For this to happen more talent and juice at MLB as well as Edge. There are potential FAs at both positions that would make an impact but I could see us going Linebacker in round 2 if a good one is available

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Surprised this isn't a thread yet. Wtf are we doing at 19???

Our first 1st round pick in 8 years.
Damn it man! You Fucked Up!!!

If Les Snead and Sean McVay see this thread, and find out the Rams have their #1 pick, they'll trade it!

Thanks a lot.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Good post.

IMO. They should draft an OT if a good one drops. If we pick near where we are slated it has to be at one of the impact positions. The biggest problem we have faced is OL health so keep building the trenches.

If we continue to play zone in the secondary then a CB can be had later in a deep draft.

We would be better off going after a vet at OLB and also MLB in FA. Don’t sleep on Jones. He has to be used more in the blitz and has shown he has the juice to also come off the edge. For this to happen more talent and juice at MLB as well as Edge. There are potential FAs at both positions that would make an impact but I could see us going Linebacker in round 2 if a good one is available
Yep, just look at Detroit. As exciting as Gibbs or St.Brown may be, the key is that fortress they built around Goff. Stafford needs that. Give me a few big uglies with a nasty attitude...even one on the DL need's to be added at some point as well.

Tano

Legend
Yep, just look at Detroit. As exciting as Gibbs or St.Brown may be, the key is that fortress they built around Goff. Stafford needs that. Give me a few big uglies with a nasty attitude...even one on the DL need's to be added at some point as well.
Whitworth takes exception to being called a big ugly

WestCoastRam

Legend
If we stay put, there will most likely be a good WR, Tackle, CB available. I don't think there's gonna be an Edge worth drafting at 19 sadly. We'd have to trade up most likely.

For all the people that want to draft a QB, unless we're trading into the top 3, it's not happening.

All these guys people think are first round picks won't sniff it. Nix is a developmental guy at best and was propped up by the Oregon offense, not great throwing beyond the line of scrimmage. Penix is gonna be all over the place with evals but can't throw over the middle and isn't great off platform. McCarthy needs time as a backup and may not be able to be a guy who the offense actually goes through (in some ways he's a big question mark and maaaaaaaaaaaaaybe someone could convince themselves if they were desperate to draft with one of the last picks in the 1st).

So I guess the good news, is, if you like those guys you'll be able to get them in the 2-3 round. 4th maybe for Nix.

Caleb, May and Daniels will be the only 1st round QBs.