PFF: Top 10 Free Agents 2024 (All Positions)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Those are the first two players that came to mind for me, too.

Upon further research I now have some concerns, though.

From what I understand Trent Brown has been habitually late for meetings on each team he's been on. Will that work with Rams? And does Huff have enough juice to offset the length the Rams appear to prefer on the edge? I don't know.
If Brown's only issue is being late to meetings then I think the Rams would be okay with that. Bellichek is one of the biggest stiffs out there and he's liked brown

As for huff, good point about the lack of length. Hopefully they just prefer a ball player tho. He's an absolute monster on the edge.

muggmeister

Rookie
Bryce Huff and Trent Brown please
My EXACT thoughts in addition to resigning Dotson. With these 3 signings it would be still be possible to go after Lavonte David on a short-term deal and Grant Delpit. I know none of these are "splashy signings" but could/should fill our core roster deficiencies.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
Not really following the Trent Brown Love. Don't really see him as a clear up-grade. Has not played a full season since 2018; and has played more Right Tackle than on the left-side.

Have not watched the Patriots week-in and week-out, which I think is necessary to evaluate an O-Line's performance but I have heard several national commentators this season heavily criticize the Pats' OL play.

Don't really see an OT up-grade via free agency unless someone comes free.

As far as Edge, would love to see Brian Burns or Josh Allen but agree that they figure to be Franchised. Still, a trade could be worked-out for less than two #1 picks but it would cost valuable draft capital, plus a huge contract. Would also be interested in Chase Young, should he come free.

Assuming none of them are available, players like A.J. Epenesa and Dorance Armstrong intrigue me. Live in NY and watch all the Jets' games ... Huff is impressive but he only plays about a third of the snaps; and it's almost always in passing situations. Huff is usually wide, with his hand in the ground.

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd
Great post. Lot to chew on.

QB: they only guys I’d consider are mayfield (has shown he can play in this system) and dobbs (smart enough to play in this system).

CB: sneed (KC) would improve the Rams secondary. Draft another.

C: biadsz is a legit Center who would improve the IOL.

G: Was always a big fan of zeitler but it might be a bit too late. Dotson jumps out as the best prospect. That’s gonna cost the Rams to re-sign him, but so far he is proven.

OT: yeah, this has to solved through the draft. Too much $$ for either long in the tooth players or expensive jags.

LB: queen (ravens) is a good player. I’d spend some $$ on him if the ravens let him walk.

Edge: are these top 2 or 3 guys really gonna hit the market? By year 2 Young just might be that guy we covet so much and the Rams can pair him with a draft pick.

RB: swift (philly) has impressed me as a tough runner with agility. I would not mind seeing the Rams pick him up for the right price. With the market being what it is for RBs, it might be worth a shot.

TE: fant (seattle) could help this team and shouldn’t break the bank. I would to see our rookie get more snaps, but it isn’t happening.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I have a general aversion to players who turn it on in their FA seasons. This is why I'd let Dotson leave. We are already overpaying one OL.

The FA we add should be someone who has a history of high effort and good film.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I have a general aversion to players who turn it on in their FA seasons. This is why I'd let Dotson leave. We are already overpaying one OL.

I’ve never read anything about effort issues with him.

Maybe Steelers were just using him wrong?

Memphis Ram

Legend

They stuck him at LG next to bad LTs when he played & excelled at RG in college.

I'd be shocked if both Noteboom and Allen aren't cap cuts this offseason.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not really following the Trent Brown Love. Don't really see him as a clear up-grade. Has not played a full season since 2018; and has played more Right Tackle than on the left-side.

Have not watched the Patriots week-in and week-out, which I think is necessary to evaluate an O-Line's performance but I have heard several national commentators this season heavily criticize the Pats' OL play.

Don't really see an OT up-grade via free agency unless someone comes free.

As far as Edge, would love to see Brian Burns or Josh Allen but agree that they figure to be Franchised. Still, a trade could be worked-out for less than two #1 picks but it would cost valuable draft capital, plus a huge contract. Would also be interested in Chase Young, should he come free.

Assuming none of them are available, players like A.J. Epenesa and Dorance Armstrong intrigue me. Live in NY and watch all the Jets' games ... Huff is impressive but he only plays about a third of the snaps; and it's almost always in passing situations. Huff is usually wide, with his hand in the ground.
A soon to be 31 year old RT who can't stay healthy isn't appealing to me either.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not with restructures.. if they're going all-in next season. They can open up a ton of money.
Who can they restructure though?
Stafford (50), Donald, (34) Kupp(30), Noteboom (20), Hav (14) + Higbee (12) are eating up 160 mill of the cap space for next year.
Stafford already has 86 mill in dead cap, how much more do they want to kick down the road?
Donald is in last year of his deal and already has 2 void years
Kupp already restructured once and is already carrying 10+ mill per year in dead cap
Noteboom in last year of his deal and already has 2 void years, cut or trade him "saves" only 5 mill
Havenstein already 2 void years, really cant save much
Higbee just signed extension and pushed 5 mill in to dead cap

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’ve never read anything about effort issues with him.

Maybe Steelers were just using him wrong?
I don't profess to know. But disappointing draft picks who play well in their contract season is a serious red flag to me.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
If they really are available:

Backup QB - Dobbs
RB - Ekeler
Center -Williams
Guard - Dotson
WR - Ridley

Draft an OLT and TE (PSU’s Tyler Warren can block well and catch)

Edge - Hunter
Corner - Jaylon Johnson

Super Bowl.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If they really are available:

Backup QB - Dobbs
RB - Ekeler
Center -Williams
Guard - Dotson
WR - Ridley

Draft an OLT and TE (PSU’s Tyler Warren can block well and catch)

Edge - Hunter
Corner - Jaylon Johnson

Super Bowl.
Dobbs is playing his way into being the "Vet" QB for a 1st round rookie. Especially one taken later in the 1st.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, Minnesota would do well to retain dobbs and Let Jaren Hall watch and learn
I think if I was Minnesota's GM my plan would be to start Hall in year two. And take a QB from this class on top of that. My rationale is then you spend on the lines and save that fat QB cap hit. But then I like Hall, which, no telling what they think of him for next season.

But I agree retaining Dobbs makes good sense. Thing is what is he gonna cost and will it be too rich for that bridge role.