PFF: Top 10 Free Agents 2024 (All Positions)

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
I really hope the rams go “all-in” again for AD and Staffords last year(s). I think landing almost any of the top 10 FA would be great.
I think landing as many “good” FAs with our cap space vs 2 “big ones” is the way to go. But I know there can be some magic in moving money around to make the cap work better in a given year and I want the Rams to elevate significantly in 2024.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He's not a FA but I totally see the Rams trading for Zach Wilson.
Makes literally no sense
Without even discussing his ability/talent, financially its not plausible
His base salary is only 1 mill, which is nice and cheap, but he's also guaranteed a 4 mill roster bonus
So there's 2 options here
1) Rams send a 2025 7th round pick, and the Jets send Wilson and his whole guaranteed 5+ mill. No thanks, if we're paying a QB 5 mill they can do a whole lot better
or
2) Jets eat the the 4+ mill bonus and send him packing, however now they want a '24 3rd-5th rounder since they are taking the cap hit

Psycho_X

Legend
Makes literally no sense
His base salary is only 1 mill, which is nice and cheap, but he's also guaranteed a 4 mill roster bonus
1) Rams send a 2025 7th round pick, and the Jets send Wilson and his whole guaranteed 5+ mill. No thanks, if we're paying a QB 5 mill they can do a whole lot better
or
2) Jets eat the the 4+ mill bonus and send him packing, however now they want a '24 3rd-5th rounder since they are taking the cap hit
Yeah I wouldn't give anything for Wilson. Idk why but the idea of Wilson ending up with Rams seems everywhere the last couple of months. If the Jets cut him and we sign him for close to minimal $ then sure I'd take a flyer on the kid because I have faith in McVay. But I wouldn't give up anything to have him on my team. That's silly talk. And someone like Wilson, if they care about continuing their career as a starter, should be all over an opportunity like that even at minimal salary. McVay is the golden ticket to reviving or kick starting your career as a player or coach.

But in the end, I'd rather just keep Wentz another year at a reasonable veteran backup QB salary even if it is a little more expensive. If another super bowl run will be had next year we need someone who can step in and win a few games if Stafford has to take a few weeks/months off.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Makes literally no sense
or
I don't see anyone burning up the phone lines for him. So the Jets may be open to eating a portion of his salary.

I'd offer Tutu and a ham sandwich and see if they bite. If not then move on.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see anyone burning up the phone lines for him. So the Jets may be open to eating a portion of his salary.

I'd offer Tutu and a ham sandwich and see if they bite. If not then move on.
They'll eat the bonus, if it makes sense for them. Meaning nice trade collateral. They dont save anything by trading him, so there's nothing in it for them to do so.
He may suck as a QB, but by all accounts is a hard worker, good team mate and Rodgers loves him.
If he's cut? Sure, why not take a flyer on him. But whatever draft capital it would require to get him in a trade would be better spent on a rookie qb that you get for 4 years of cheap salary

WestCoastRam

Legend
Zach Wilson is no better than Rypien and that's not hyperbole. Most epic draft bust in awhile.

Also, his OC who got fired cause Wilson sucked is our OC now. You think he wants him back!

(I kinda hate those click-bait Rams "analysts" online that put these ideas out there. Their takes are rarely about football and mostly about word association with football names you've heard).

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No doubt. But the value in acquiring him is the talent level. We can get a cheap cost controlled QB but there is a question of talent vs draft resource required. And I want to see them use draft resources to load the defense with guys who will play.

It will be interesting to see what happens with him. All it takes is one team being stupid enough in trade to ruin that. But I'd like to see Les throw them a lowball offer.

And if the Rams don't even offer the ham sandwich it means their inside knowledge on him isn't good. Two coaches who know him means they should have a good handle on that one.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Zach Wilson is no better than Rypien and that's not hyperbole. Most epic draft bust in awhile.

Also, his OC who got fired cause Wilson sucked is our OC now. You think he wants him back!

(I kinda hate those click-bait Rams "analysts" online that put these ideas out there. Their takes are rarely about football and mostly about word association with football names you've heard).
People were shitting on Mayfield when the Rams brought him in. Same with Wentz. This would be about bringing in raw talent on the cheap.

I like that the Rams leave no stone unturned. And that they are confident in their coaching and culture to maybe utilize untapped resources.

Not like this is likely to happen but it fits what they like to do and that inside line positions them to know what a good value would be.

WestCoastRam

Legend
People were shitting on Mayfield when the Rams brought him in. Same with Wentz. This would be about bringing in raw talent on the cheap.

I like that the Rams leave no stone unturned. And that they are confident in their coaching and culture to maybe utilize untapped resources.

Not like this is likely to happen but it fits what they like to do and that inside line positions them to know what a good value would be.
I'm sorry, Mayfield and Wentz (who I have expressed my intense criticism of already) are miles ahead in talent and what they've produced) than Zach Wilson.

I think if people watch Wilson's actual reps, they'll see it's a ridiculous idea. Just watch his reps, not highlight reel. And if anyone still feels the same, bless their heart.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sorry, Mayfield and Wentz (who I have expressed my intense criticism of already) are miles ahead in talent and what they've produced) than Zach Wilson.

I think if people watch Wilson's actual reps, they'll see it's a ridiculous idea. Just watch his reps, not highlight reel. And if anyone still feels the same, bless their heart.
Mayfield and Wilson are in the same range I think. Both less than ideal size with good arms. Probably a little overdrafted but you don't go where they did if you have a shit arm. Wilson has some big boy throws on tape, the kid has plenty of arm.

Wentz was a signifcantly better prospect in size and arm talent compared to both of them. Wilson is not in his class IMO as a prospect but then not many are. And speaking of Wentz all it takes is him and the Rams to get a deal done and this entire conversation goes out the window. But up until that point just like it was with Wentz and Mayfield there are fans shitting on them as options prior to the Rams making the move.

Load up some of our own Mayfield and Wentz conversations before they happened. Neither were particularly popular concepts before they occurred, and the takes represented fan groupthink at that moment in time. Fortunately the Rams for the most part don't subscribe to all that.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Mayfield and Wilson are in the same range I think. Both less than ideal size with good arms. Probably a little overdrafted but you don't go where they did if you have a shit arm. Wilson has some big boy throws on tape, the kid has plenty of arm.

Wentz was a signifcantly better prospect in size and arm talent compared to both of them. Wilson is not in his class IMO as a prospect but then not many are. And speaking of Wentz all it takes is him and the Rams to get a deal done and this entire conversation goes out the window. But up until that point just like it was with Wentz and Mayfield there are fans shitting on them as options prior to the Rams making the move.

Load up some of our own Mayfield and Wentz conversations before they happened. Neither were particularly popular concepts before they occurred, and the takes represented fan groupthink at that moment in time. Fortunately the Rams for the most part don't subscribe to all that.
I just really struggle to see how anyone could compare Mayfield and Wilson if they watched any tape beyond the highlights. But hey, that's a lot of time and effort too.