1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PFF ranks Ram's defense #22...

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by bskrilla, Aug 12, 2014.

1. bskrilla Well-Known Member

Not sure if this has been posted. I didn't see it anywhere. I can't honestly believe they are serious.

[​IMG]

2. CGI_Ram Hamburger Connoisseur

That seems awfully harsh toward the interior line, plus JL and Ogletree!

The secondary I get the skepticism after last season... But I'm not buying the rest.

3. A55VA6 Shutdown Corner

I can understand the secondary being a concern... but Laurinaitis and Ogletree are basically being called mediocre and wouldn't be starters elsewhere. That's completely false.

And when did our interior line get so damn terrible? This is why I don't pay attention to any of this stuff lol

DaveFan'51, Rambition and bskrilla like this.
  4. bskrilla Well-Known Member

Them saying JL and Tree wouldn't be starting on other teams and the 27 ranking for the interior line is what got me. They say that Brockers and Langford are good, and mention Donald but then rank the interior line that low. How?

RamsFan14 likes this.
  5. tempests New Member

There are only five linebackers in the entire league who have started every game the last five seasons and JL is one of them.

No respect.

6. DCH This IS my 'oh' face.

Brockers + Langford + Donald = the 27th best interior line in the NFL? Damn. When did every other team discover the technology to create multiple clones of Warren Sapp and Merlin Olsen?

7. JackDRams Well-Known Member

Are we able to sue PFF for defimation of character? Or possibly have them admitted to a psych ward for mental retardation? Interior line ranked 27, yet everyone says we have the best line in the league. Key word is "line". Such ass clowns.

Dxmissile and The Rammer like this.
  8. CGI_Ram Hamburger Connoisseur

Yeah. It's a crap rating. Kind of blows the credibility of the whole piece.

bskrilla and A55VA6 like this.
  9. flv 

The Interior Line ranking is a bit harsh but the other rankings are about right.

10. GreeneCounty Well-Known Member

AO and JL are better than folks give props for. What morons THIS WEBSITE IS.

11. flv 

The article's write-up has to be short. Ogletree is good, Laurinaitis is ok, and Dunbar is weak, (by NFL standards). The 4th string was an undrafted S and has 20 NFL snaps experience. The 5th choice was undrafted and has 0 snaps. The 6th choice was undrafted and has 0 snaps. The 7th choice was undrafted and has 0 snaps. That depth hurts the overall rating.

Warner4Prez likes this.
  12. GreeneCounty Well-Known Member

Still the ranking was bad.

13. flv 

Without going back to the article i'm guessing the Cowboys are #32 at LB. I don't know who else we'd be better than if depth is part of the rating. Any team where the #5 has 100 snaps experience will have us beat.

14. Alan Well-Known Member

I've re-read that a couple of times and he's not dissing the interior line at all. Quite the opposite in fact. Read what he says starting with "Adding to the abundance.."

I agree about Tree though. JL to a much lesser extent but he's still at least as good or better than half of the other MLBs.

As for the rest I agree completely. Although that's using last years performance and I'm hoping for big improvements at some of those positions.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    lockdnram21 likes this.
  15. Elmgrovegnome Well-Known Member

PFF always has been a joke. People see the words Stats and Formulas and they automatically buy in, without questioning how the formulas were derived. I can't believe that people waste their money on that crap.

Noregar likes this.
  16. Irish Well-Known Member

Don't agree with Ogletree at all, but Dunbar and Laurinaitis leave much to be desired. Secondary is very pedestrian.

Ranking might be a tad low, but they certainly aren't much better than that. This notion that our defense is going to cover up any offensive deficiencies is pretty unfounded and not based on any real fact outside of "Man, that Quinn is a beast and Donald is a draft monster!" We are going to have to score at least 24 pts a game on average to be competitive, because this defense really isn't going to hold teams below that.

17. Alan Well-Known Member

I don't agree with that. We were ranked 15th last year and our D is better this year. We've had no significant losses on our D and when you add in the new guys we drafted our depth, at the very least is much improved.

In addition, it should only be expected that many of the rookies or less experienced players will be improved this year. I know every team has rookies who will also have improved but of the top 15 Ds, we had the most players with under 3 years experience starting. By a big margin.

Plus Gregg Williams.

I see us as inching towards top 5-10.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
    Ramatik, iamme33 and flv like this.
  18. Robocop Well-Known Member

everyone knows these assholes are a joke forget them. Honest to god even tho the networks like to bash Bradford a lot all the analysts agree the defensive is dangerous

OC--LeftCoast likes this.
  19. OC--LeftCoast Well-Known Member

All I know is ranking the RAMS defense in the bottom third of NFL team defenses is...ignorant

Why even bother disputing inane blather?

Noregar likes this.
  20. Alan Well-Known Member

Well, for one thing, I'm listening to a concert on my headphones and I can't go to bed until it's over. :)

flv and OC--LeftCoast like this.