1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PFF ranks Ram's defense #22...

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by bskrilla, Aug 12, 2014.

1. bskrilla Well-Known Member

They say that, but then go on to rank the interior line 27/32 which seems incredibly low to me.

Alan likes this.
  2. HE WITH HORNS Well-Known Member

Our abundance of our 27th rating. And our LBs that are ranked 30, when we have one of the best front 7s in the league according to most. These guys' math does not add up.

3. Alan Well-Known Member

Well yeah, that's why I already said that. :LOL::ROFLMAO: We're on the same page here bro. Although one of us is behind a couple of minutes. :LOL:

4. jap Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter! I would much rather the Horns earn everyone's respect with their play on the field. They can use this rating as locker room fodder.

Alan and RhodyRams like this.
  5. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

I'd rank us 32nd, but then again I only watched the first 4 games last season. 22nd seems kind.

6. Rambitious1 Well-Known Member

Whoever wrote this article needs to put the crack pipe down....

7. theramsruleUK Well-Known Member

Is this the same person who ranked our coaching staff as the worst in the league?! I've read some cracking articles this off season haha

8. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

No this is the one who said we had the second worst roster in the NFL. It's tough to remember which genius is which.

Noregar and theramsruleUK like this.
  9. mr.stlouis Well-Known Member

The secondary is at worste OK. Just me...

10. DaveFan'51 Well-Known Member

Fact; Last year the Rams O averaged 21.8 Points per game last year. With Bradford out 9 games! I don't think we'll have a problem scoring another 2.2 P/G with Bradford in all year. Another Fact; The Rams D gave up 22.8 PPG with Watkins as our DC. And you don't think with the addition of Williams as DC, and other players we've added, we can't do better this year! you have some re-thinking to do!!:rolleyes:

Alan likes this.
  11. RhodyRams Well-Known Member

Fixed it for ya !!!(y)

DaveFan'51 and Alan like this.
  12. Philly5 Well-Known Member

Fisher/Snead are doomed if our Defense plays anywhere near 22nd in the league. I can see the secondary being a question mark. Interior DL ranked that low is ridiculous.

flv likes this.
  13. ZigZagRam Well-Known Member

I always chuckle when I see so many people bent out of shape about this stuff.

These rankings are derived by how players performed last season (according to PFF) and don't factor in rookies. They're just being re-hashed for content reasons. It's essentially the same thing that was posted on ESPN earlier this offseason.

Let's face it, last year our secondary was pathetic. I think we all know the reason why, but it is what it is. Also, our LBs were underwhelming last year as well. As excited as I was, and still am with Ogletree, he was something of a liability at times last year. If you followed him in college, you know that there were going to be some growing pains. He was a playmaker, but he lacked consistency in all aspects of his game. Laurinaitis is what he is, a decent MLB. Dunbar was not good last year after he returned.

The only gripe I have is their interior DL rankings, specifically Brockers. I really want to know what their criteria is for grading these guys. If a guy commands double teams, he's doing his job. Quinn doesn't threaten the sack record without Michael Brockers eating up linemen.

That said, it's pretty silly to use last years content/rankings to make a predictive article. But they need page hits and bad content never kept other large sports sites from succeeding.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2014
  14. leoram Well-Known Member

The real games can't come soon enough. We should save this link to send them later in the season...

15. anode8 New Member

What a load! Aside from the (subjectively)poor rankings of the interior D-Line and LB's, they have both Oakland and Pittsburgh ahead of us in 3 of 4 categories, yet behind us in overall rankings? The methodology is flawed to say the least.

DaveFan'51 likes this.
  16. ChrisW Well-Known Member

Well, the bar has been set. Should be easy for our boys and Williams to step over it, based on how low it is

17. CodeMonkey Likes You

I say keep this stuff coming. It's great bulletin board material. Also good for wrapping fish.

DaveFan'51 likes this.
  18. Fatbot Well-Known Member

What do you expect from a British company that's never played american football? Imagine you watching soccer on TV, grading Ronaldo and Rooney, then telling the british media you are the expert at grading them. That's exactly what Pro Football Focus did but with football -- except the difference is maybe you at least played some youth soccer (Pro Football Focus never even watched a game in person, let alone ever play a down). The founder is a "business consultant", but rather should be described as the most talented con man that's ever bamboozled a sport.

VARam and Noregar like this.
  19. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Yeah, the freak do the British know.

On a side note I was thinking of taking in a movie this weekend, it's come down to a choice of Meet the Spartans or The Shawshank Redemption, having never acted before I'm pretty sure I'll enjoy them both equally.

flv likes this.
  20. Ramatik Well-Known Member

Very well said Alan.

The Rams won't get "rankings" anywhere till they start proving it on the field. Of course, PFF is ignorant. And there are solid facts that they seem to ignore constantly. I hope this gives the Good Guys even more of a chip on their shoulders and fire in the belly to prove Them All Wrong!

Alan likes this.