Peterson promoted from Practice Squad

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Let's be up front here, usually when you are putting the roster together the last CB, which Hatfield is, it's going to be based on you special teams play and IMO, that is how Hatfield made the squad and when Peterson was activated, he was beaten for a TD too, although not as bad as Hatfield.

CB depth was a concern from day one and combine that with the lack of durability of Webster & Coleman and all of us have been very nervous, BTW, Troy Hill also has been MIA too often. Next season if the Rams lose Johnson, look for them to sign one (Malcolm Butler) and draft maybe two CB's as they restock the cupboard.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
After free agency, we will have a better idea how to address this position in the draft. Tru may decide to stay now that the Rams are finally winning and the Rams give him a reasonable deal. Both parties have to want each-other enough to give a little.

Tailback

Starter
Name
Taco Jones
Sign Mannion to an extension. Teach him up this off season, showcase him next pre-season, trade for defensive needs remaining post draft.

Last off season was dedicated to fixing the horrific offense. This coming offseason should be dedicated to signing crucial players, shoring up the defense with Wade style players, and building needed depth on both sides of the ball.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I never thought that I would be so happy the Troy Hill is back. :D

Please.... please, no more Hatfield. The guy is not ready for primetime.

I concur, feel bad for Hatfield, but not as bad as he made me feel last week.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I wanted us to Draft Allen when he came out! I for get who we took instead, I know it was a good pick, it's just my Old memory failing me!!
We had a choice of 3 good WR's as I recall!

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Sign Mannion to an extension. Teach him up this off season, showcase him next pre-season, trade for defensive needs remaining post draft.

Last off season was dedicated to fixing the horrific offense. This coming offseason should be dedicated to signing crucial players, shoring up the defense with Wade style players, and building needed depth on both sides of the ball.

If Mannion shows enough, we might be able to trade him to a team that's willing to bring him in to compete to start.

I'd trade him for nothing lower than a mid 2nd. QBs that can play and not look like dirty ass are in short supply.

Btw, does anyone remember Austin Davis having 300 yd games in Fisher's offense? How baller does THAT look now???

Anyway, just ask the Vikes. You NEED a solid, competent backup in the NFL.

To paraphrase a comedian I just saw, having a competent backup QB in the NFL is like using a condom with a stranger. Not having a competent backup QB in the NFL is like rawdogging a hooker...feels great to get picks or have other players, but you're really rolling the dice that something could "end your season"...

pmil66

Starter
Name
pmil
Sure seems that teams can never have enough depth at the CB spot. Need to draft one every year.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I would guess this will be a heavy defensive draft. Hopefully they can move down a few spots here and there and come up with another top 100 pick and maybe deal someone for a good pick.

need 2 CBs, OLB, ILB, DL... sone could be FA moves, but they do need a shot of youth on D.

Maybe bolster the OL again in FA with another Groy type move that hopefully works out this time.

Skill position-wise tgey should be good on offense, just need to continue to develop some young players.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wanted us to Draft Allen when he came out! I for get who we took instead, I know it was a good pick, it's just my Old memory failing me!!
We had a choice of 3 good WR's as I recall!

i know alot of people liked him but the knock was his speed. damn draft metrics. this is how players like quick go at the top of the 2nd and players like allen go low 3rd. can he play should be the number one consideration.

anyway i looked it up. that was the year the rams took tavon and bailey. they drafted tjmac a few spots before allen was taken.