Pete Carroll a possibility as head coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Carroll and Payton? Good lord, haven't any of these guys ever heard of a contract extension? Both Carroll and Payton signed one of them earlier this year
So did fisher lol but I get what you're saying

raised_fisT

Hall of Fame
Would rather have Pete than Harbaugh. Pete is less of a whiny,
douche on the sidelines imo. If only by a small margin.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Not going to happen. He's under contract for a team with an owner who is richer than Stan, and who is a divisional rival.

Zodi

Hall of Fame
These guys collect a paycheck to publish this BS, right? Crazy.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Pete F' n Carroll. Who's next Vince Lombardi from the grave?

HEY... I realize bad things happen when one dabbles in dark magicks. I've read Pet Cemetery.

That said...we're talking about Zombie Lombardi.

Zombie Lombardi HAS to be at least a consideration.

If you're not raising the dead...you're not trying...

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Why do you say this?

My last memories of him at the bucs are exactly the same as my last memories of Fisher at the Titans. Their teams were dumpsters and they had no idea how to rectify their predicament. Pretty much the same as fisher's 5 years with the Rams.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
My last memories of him at the bucs are exactly the same as my last memories of Fisher at the Titans. Their teams were dumpsters and they had no idea how to rectify their predicament. Pretty much the same as fisher's 5 years with the Rams.

5 division titles and one SB in 10 years.
No, it isn't.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think we have to temper our expectations some. A guy like David Shaw might be in play. A top coordinator candidate is likely in play. But I can't see us taking a big name coach from another team or making off with Harbaugh. I'd love if we could. But I'm not expecting it.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

You know, Kurt, I felt the same way. I'm still kind of conflicted about Gruden. He's been out of the game so long. He'd need to offer up a killer staff for me to be sold. However, I recognized that I wasn't giving him proper credit for his tenure in TB.

Yes, Gruden's affinity for veteran players in his system isn't something I like about him. That all said, his final two Buccaneers teams both went 9-7. That's quite a bit different than Jeff Fisher. In fact, here's how his tenure in Tampa Bay broke down:
2002: 12-4 (SB)
2003: 7-9
2004: 5-11
2005: 11-5 (POs)
2006: 4-12
2007: 9-7 (POs)
2008: 9-7

He's not my #1 choice, but I won't be upset if he ends up here (as long as he's willing to develop Goff).

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Carroll has already said he's not interested.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Haha. Gruden.

May as well have stuck with Fisher.

See i kind of agree with you there. Another players coach with the possibility that certain phases of the modern game may have passed him by. I'm not real high on bringing in Gruden. I can see it going down that way though.