Pete Carroll a possibility as head coach

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
Colin Cowherd said it on the radio as well but...
IMG_2931.JPG

Could you cheer for good ol Pete Cheat?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Pete Carroll made the announcement earlier today that he doesn't have any interest in the Rams job. There was also a report that Harbaugh said he will not consider leaving Michigan for the NFLthis season.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Pete Carroll made the announcement earlier today that he doesn't have any interest in the Rams job. There was also a report that Harbaugh said he will not consider leaving Michigan for the NFLthis season.
Not surprising, really.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Could you imagine if a coach, in the middle of a season came out and said they wanted to coach a different team next year? Especially a division rival?

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Could you imagine if a coach, in the middle of a season came out and said they wanted to coach a different team next year? Especially a division rival?

I can't imagine that. I also can't imagine Carroll leaving a talented winning franchise that he won a Super Bowl with for a rebuilding division rival at the age of 65. I would also hate watching him chomp on his gum on our sideline every Sunday.

FRO

Legend
I think the big name is Gruden. I feel he is the most likely of the big named guys to make a jump. Maybe Saban.

Psycho_X

Legend
They said they like him and how he handles his team there is no actual pursuit planned. Not to mention it'd be impossible without giving the Seahawks draft picks which we hardly have any of and also why would they trade to a division rival. This is such a bullshit media rumor just to get clicks as I've ever seen. I bet the Bills would love to have Bill Belichick next season after they fire Rex Ryan also.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think the big name is Gruden. I feel he is the most likely of the big named guys to make a jump. Maybe Saban.

Haha. Gruden.

May as well have stuck with Fisher.

FRO

Legend
Haha. Gruden.

May as well have stuck with Fisher.

I would agree I'm not a fan either. Think they should go with Kyle Shanahan, Matt Patricia, or David Shaw. They aren't the big named coaches though. I see them really wanting to generate that buzz in the LA market.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Carroll and Payton? Good lord, haven't any of these guys ever heard of a contract extension? Both Carroll and Payton signed one of them earlier this year

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Lol will never happen.

Man, being based in LA sure changes a lot of things. If they were still in St. Louis all this talk by the media wouldn't be going on. That's not any kind of bash on St.Louis. Just now the market is so big the stories and speculation is so much bigger than I have ever seen when it comes to the Rams. It's almost more than I can take. Need to get used to this.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Shut it.

We need to have posters all over the internet YELLING for these two. You are not helping agendas.

EasyE

Starter
Meh... if there was any current coach I'd want to pursue it would be Asshole Face to pair with Goff and this Defense.

i'd rather lose than have his smug $&@.....

i dont want a retread.... wanna have a legacy with a new person who hasnt had alot of success...but they ran off Fisher...

bluecoconuts

Legend
People are just trying to link the name because of USC, but it's not going to happen. Maybe if Seattle wasn't doing so hot, or he was looking to retire and didn't have an extension, but he's not going to leave a contender for a team that he needs to rebuild, especially when he's 65. He'll retire in Seattle.