Percy Harvin arrested then cleared after DUI Investigation

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I hadn't heard this one until a little while ago;

<a class="postlink" href="http://www.king5.com/sports/Seahawks...213430131.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">http://www.king5.com/sports/Seahawks...213430131.html</a>

by KING 5 Sports
Posted on June 27, 2013 at 7:42 PM

Seahawks receiver Percy Harvin was pulled over on Interstate 405 today due to license plate and tinted window violations. In the course of the traffic stop, the officer suspected marijuana use, and arrested Harvin for investigation of DUI.

As first reported by 710 ESPN's Danny O'Neil, Harvin was transported to a Washington State Patrol station for further tests. A drug-evaluation expert concluded Harvin was not under the influence.

Harvin was released, and won't be charged with DUI.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Re: Percy Harvin arrested then cleared after DUI Investigati

Dear NFL: Drug test him!

EDIT... and... LOL... How does someone sober come off as under the influence?

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

A drug evaluation expert? How bout a drug test not hey this guys a star keep this on the hush list

A55VA6

Legend

My bets are on that Pete Carroll gave him something and he's taking it. lol

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

How do you "suspect marijuana use"? LOL. You SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL IT - that's how.
You're right - they should be testing his hair follicles at this very moment.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

X said:
How do you "suspect marijuana use"? LOL. You SMELLLLLLLLLLLLLLL IT - that's how.

Yes, exactly. WTH?

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

X said:
Agreed

Hey his mystical headaches did seem to" magically" dissappear lol

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

Are high profile NFL players being targeted by law enforcement? Sure seems that way to me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Stranger said:
Are high profile NFL players being targeted by law enforcement? Sure seems that way to me.
To what end?

Stranger

How big is infinity?
Name
Hugh

X said:
Stranger said:
To what end?
Don't know yet. But seems like something is gong on that's different than before.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

Stranger said:
X said:
Stranger said:
To what end?
Don't know yet. But seems like something is gong on that's different than before.
I don't think that's the case. Maybe there are just more numbnuts than years prior.

bluecoconuts

Legend

X said:
Stranger said:
X said:
Stranger said:
To what end?
I don't think that's the case. Maybe there are just more numbnuts than years prior.

Pretty much, athletes today are plucked when they're young and coddled their entire lives, they don't need to ever really do anything or learn about being an adult, or grow up.. Then suddenly they're thrown millions of dollars and left alone. It's no wonder most of these kids take a while to figure it out.. And some never do.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude

bluecoconuts said:
X said:
Stranger said:
X said:
Stranger said:
To what end?

Pretty much, athletes today are plucked when they're young and coddled their entire lives, they don't need to ever really do anything or learn about being an adult, or grow up.. Then suddenly they're thrown millions of dollars and left alone. It's no wonder most of these kids take a while to figure it out.. And some never do.
I think these players have to be wilfully stupid if they ignore ALL of the resources the NFL makes available to them. There are counselors, financial planners, player mentors, sponsors, and all manner of Professionals that lend their services to these instant millionaires. If they don't take advantage of that, then they have only themselves to blame. As the saying goes, "you can lead a horse to water...."

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin

Right but just like us non instant millionaires they also have to choose a path and dont always choose the right one

…..

Legend

Stranger said:

:shock:

Heres an idea, how bout high profile athletes stop executing innocent people, attacking thier wives and falling off the back of thier own trucks, stop trafficking drugs, stop carrying weapons into airport security zones.....eh....you get the point?

sides....who knew who was in the car? The officer pulled him over for tinted window violations.

Johnny Hekker isnt getting targeted....he's a high profile NFL athlete and he tweets alot. He's even been seen frequenting questionable places like college vollyball games....yet strangly, he is'nt on the cops radar. :lmao:

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man

What's with the guns?

I'm sure there are many members here with guns, but I suspect most are hunting rifles and certainly very few carry them around "just in case I need to shoot someone".

It's like, okay draft day is over... now I'm an NFL player... got to go buy a hand gun!

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

Dog said:
Stranger said:

:shock:

Heres an idea, how bout high profile athletes stop executing innocent people, attacking thier wives and falling off the back of thier own trucks, stop trafficking drugs, stop carrying weapons into airport security zones.....eh....you get the point?

sides....who knew who was in the car? The officer pulled him over for tinted window violations.

Johnny Hekker isnt getting targeted....he's a high profile NFL athlete and he tweets alot. He's even been seen frequenting questionable places like college vollyball games....yet strangly, he is'nt on the cops radar. :lmao:
In serious response to Stranger, I think the police nation wide took a lot of heat for the way LA Police looked the other way FOR OJ Simpson,and gotta say I'm sure the St. Lou Police did some of the same stuff for Marshal.
I think cruiser cams are making it less possible for cops to give celebs a break than before.
I would also submit that many of these guys ,many are treated less vigilantly about their behavior quirks ,coaches all along the way have enabled them to keep them on the field.
I don't think it's a targeting as much as the high profile athletes becoming more and more coarse people as the generational synergy of this misguided drug prohibition escalates the stakes and the surrounding culture.

albefree69

Hall of Fame
Name
Alan

Dog hitting the nail on the head right after smacking his thumb:

There is no evidence that the incidence of NFL players committing those crimes is any higher than in the general population.

The cops could very easily know who was probably in the car. First, the local cops could easily be familiar with the car if the area was a regular stomping ground for the NFL player and his "posse." Second, a simple check of the license plate would tell them who the owner is and possibly identify him as the said NFL player or as a member of his regular entourage. It's the cops job to familiarize theirselves with all the local potential "problems".

But... I totally agree with your overall point. Continually putting yourselves in those type of situations is just begging for trouble. As is owning a gun. :loco:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

I don't think they are being targeted.....they are just out more because they can be. And let's face it they aren't all smart enough to stay under the radar. This time of year there are always more high profile incidents because they aren't on the job or needing to practice so in bed earlier.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich

albefree69 said:
Al saving me from saying and having to defend what I agree with
There is no evidence that the incidence of NFL players committing those crimes is any higher than in the general population.

The cops could very easily know who was probably in the car. First, the local cops could easily be familiar with the car if the area was a regular stomping ground for the NFL player and his "posse." Second, a simple check of the license plate would tell them who the owner is and possibly identify him as the said NFL player or as a member of his regular entourage. It's the cops job to familiarize theirselves with all the local potential "problems".
And then making a completely indefensible pontification sure to prompt a political debate about if a gun isn't the proiblem but the person
begging for trouble. As is owning a gun. :loco: