Penalties?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rambition

Rookie
you can't get much better than 2 penalties for the whole game. that's kind of an amazing turnaround. let's hope it sticks (though i certainly would not expect 2 penalties to be the new norm).

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
I think it depends on which crew of officials you draw. Some like to throw a flag on every play, others let the game play on unless things start to get out of hand. It also seems like Fisher has gotten the players out of the "I'm going to prove how tough I am" mindset and has them just playing.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
For us, yeah. If the tables were turned, we'd be angry.
Let me think of how to put this. They weren't for a change so fuck 'em.

One of these days, these fuckin refs might call a good game and figure out that we are not watching to see them throw flags. Until then, I will take any game where they don't flat out screw us. And I'll tell you Jrry, after rewatching that game a few times, there were holding calls that could have been made on both sides of the ball, the refs missed the call on Dick at the end of the game that could have been huge and made the fake punt and the fumble non-existent. And speaking of the fumble, there is NOTHING that shows Sherman controlling the ball - only three refs digging to the bottom of the pile as they always do and one ref taking the ball from Harkey's hands and signaling Ram ball. In the replay you can actually see Harkey's hand under Sherman pulling the ball away from under Dick's dick. There is NO reason for a review and I'm pretty sure they couldn't review that anyway with the scrum that ensued. It's not like the Bowman play where he was by himself with clear possession of the ball before it was knocked out.

So where did you see a discrepancy? What kinds of plays did you see the refs calling in favor of the Rams. Because I didn't see it even when rewatching on coaches film and regular action.

I don't generally get angry at the bulk of calls unless there is an obvious one sidedness to them. What I get pissed about is obvious game changing penalties or missed calls. And in that game, Seattle actually has nothing to be angry about.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Let me think of how to put this. They weren't for a change so freak 'em.

One of these days, these freakin refs might call a good game and figure out that we are not watching to see them throw flags. Until then, I will take any game where they don't flat out screw us. And I'll tell you Jrry, after rewatching that game a few times, there were holding calls that could have been made on both sides of the ball, the refs missed the call on Dick at the end of the game that could have been huge and made the fake punt and the fumble non-existent. And speaking of the fumble, there is NOTHING that shows Sherman controlling the ball - only three refs digging to the bottom of the pile as they always do and one ref taking the ball from Harkey's hands and signaling Ram ball. In the replay you can actually see Harkey's hand under Sherman pulling the ball away from under Dick's dick. There is NO reason for a review and I'm pretty sure they couldn't review that anyway with the scrum that ensued. It's not like the Bowman play where he was by himself with clear possession of the ball before it was knocked out.

So where did you see a discrepancy? What kinds of plays did you see the refs calling in favor of the Rams. Because I didn't see it even when rewatching on coaches film and regular action.

I don't generally get angry at the bulk of calls unless there is an obvious one sidedness to them. What I get pissed about is obvious game changing penalties or missed calls. And in that game, Seattle actually has nothing to be angry about.

Shark Attack! :heh:

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let me think of how to put this. They weren't for a change so freak 'em.

One of these days, these freakin refs might call a good game and figure out that we are not watching to see them throw flags. Until then, I will take any game where they don't flat out screw us. And I'll tell you Jrry, after rewatching that game a few times, there were holding calls that could have been made on both sides of the ball, the refs missed the call on Dick at the end of the game that could have been huge and made the fake punt and the fumble non-existent. And speaking of the fumble, there is NOTHING that shows Sherman controlling the ball - only three refs digging to the bottom of the pile as they always do and one ref taking the ball from Harkey's hands and signaling Ram ball. In the replay you can actually see Harkey's hand under Sherman pulling the ball away from under Dick's dick. There is NO reason for a review and I'm pretty sure they couldn't review that anyway with the scrum that ensued. It's not like the Bowman play where he was by himself with clear possession of the ball before it was knocked out.

Offensive holding

As I said, they made the right call on the fumble and the lack of review. No reason to waste time when there were nothing to review.

Sherman should have been called for illegal contact or holding on that play. He was mugging Austin well past the 5 yard mark.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Offensive holding

As I said, they made the right call on the fumble and the lack of review. No reason to waste time when there were nothing to review.

Sherman should have been called for illegal contact or holding on that play. He was mugging Austin well past the 5 yard mark.
Yeah - the thing was, Brockers was getting mugged by the Seattle center pretty consistently at the beginning of the game and nothing was called. Seattle was more aggressive in their fouls overall and I think that was why they were getting flagged. GRob got away with maybe more than he should have and as bad as Wells played, he was even holding at times. But Seattle was holding on virtually every run play up the middle and on most drop backs.

I know you are not making a big deal out of it but my point is that the reffing has been an insult to the fans and players in a lot of games every week this year and the NFL should be doing something about it. This however was not one of those games.

So whine away Seattle because when the league looks at the game and if Seattle wants to push it, I'm guessing it will only weaken any future complaints on their part.