Penalties?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Imperial

UDFA
Name
Imperial
Unfortunately, I was only able to watch the second half yesterday. However, I don't recall a single Rams penalty during that time. Does anyone have our penalty count/yards from the game? I'm assuming the first half was relatively penalty-free as well. To me, this is a sign our boys are gelling, growing, and learning from past experiences. Those early penalty-fest's were hard to watch.

JCK363

Behind Enemy Lines
Name
John
www.nflpenalties.com reports two penalties yesterday. One for Unsportsmanlike Conduct on Quick (borderline at best) and one for Delay of Game. Total 20 yards. MUCH better!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
The one on Quick should have been called on the defense. The D player wouldn't let go of Quicks jersey after the play.
I liked that Quick didn't put up with it and is sticking up for himself. He's starting to toughen up. He was just trying to get the guy off of him.
It was also a good measure of how frustrated the chickens were. Davis was just on Dan Patrick and he stated that the usually cocky defense was pretty quiet yesterday.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I would have liked to hear how AD came off on the Dan Patrick show. He is starting to get some national recognition.

Big Game

Living The Dream
Unfortunately, I was only able to watch the second half yesterday. However, I don't recall a single Rams penalty during that time. Does anyone have our penalty count/yards from the game? I'm assuming the first half was relatively penalty-free as well. To me, this is a sign our boys are gelling, growing, and learning from past experiences. Those early penalty-fest's were hard to watch.

2 for a total of 20 yards. and if you take away the one on Brian Quick for 15 yards personal foul(the refs didn't see #27 hitting and grabbing Quicks facemaks, just saw quick get him back) Then we only commit one all game.

Hats off to the coaches for getting that corrected this week.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yeah - Not only was the Quick penalty BS, it sure was good seeing him not put up with that crap. Then I think it was the next play he drew a facemask from the same guy. Quick is really getting it and I think he will only get better.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Honestly, I gasped when they called holding on Seattle's OLine. I thought there was an NFL mandate against that this year. Ive NEVER seen the Rams get the majority of questionable calls go our way in nearly 50 years of watching. It was almost like the refs were apologizing for the sodomization we endured the first five games of our season. As much as I hate losing due to bad officiating, it diminishes my enjoyment seeing us win because the refs suck

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Honestly, I gasped when they called holding on Seattle's OLine. I thought there was an NFL mandate against that this year. Ive NEVER seen the Rams get the majority of questionable calls go our way in nearly 50 years of watching. It was almost like the refs were apologizing for the sodomization we endured the first five games of our season. As much as I hate losing due to bad officiating, it diminishes my enjoyment seeing us win because the refs suck

You don't think that was the case yesterday - do you?

jap

Legend
You have to factor in that the 'Hawks were the most penalized team in the NFL last season. The referees are just sick of their crap. Now that they are losing, they will resort to more low life behavior---even for them---and the refs are letting 'em have it with the yellow laundry.

Last edited:

ChrisW

Stating the obvious

You don't get to pick and choose your wins as a Rams fan, you take all of them you get.

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
You don't think that was the case yesterday - do you?

Yes I do. If the shoe were on the other foot, I would've screamed conspiracy at the end of the game. The refs made their decision BEFORE they confirmed possession. What's more, I noticed a couple obvious holding calls that we never got flagged for. Look, as much as I think this, I also believe we were robbed in a similar fashion against Dallas and SF.

You don't get to pick and choose your wins as a Rams fan, you take all of them you get.

I gave up worrying about winning last week. If it happens I will be happy but I'm now more focused on watching the kids develop. Bad officiating irritates me in every sport and under every circumstance.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Yes I do. If the shoe were on the other foot, I would've screamed conspiracy at the end of the game. The refs made their decision BEFORE they confirmed possession. What's more, I noticed a couple obvious holding calls that we never got flagged for. Look, as much as I think this, I also believe we were robbed in a similar fashion against Dallas and SF.

Maybe so but when their coach even acknowledges they didn't secure the ball... and realistically, there were several holds not called on them including the big one with Dick holding TA on third down. If that's called there is no fake punt, no fumble, and no controversy unless you listen to a seachicken complaining that tackling around the neck is a penalty. o_O

Anyway, we finally got the benefit of a few calls. If I'm a shecock fan I'm maybe feeling gypped. As a Ram fan, I feel the refs finally didn't totally screw us.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim

I gave up worrying about winning last week. If it happens I will be happy but I'm now more focused on watching the kids develop. Bad officiating irritates me in every sport and under every circumstance.

The replay that had any kind of evidence showed the ball still loose between a seahawk player's legs. The officials went into the pile and came out indicating the Rams had recovered. It happens like that every week in the NFL. The ball went back to the spot of the original fumble because of the raider rule for fumbling forward.

As for the holding penalties it "could" be called on nearly ever play. One of those things that will never go away.

Jumava1968

Starter
Name
Jumava
Maybe so but when their coach even acknowledges they didn't secure the ball... and realistically, there were several holds not called on them including the big one with Dick holding TA on third down. If that's called there is no fake punt, no fumble, and no controversy unless you listen to a seachicken complaining that tackling around the neck is a penalty. o_O

Anyway, we finally got the benefit of a few calls. If I'm a shecock fan I'm maybe feeling gypped. As a Ram fan, I feel the refs finally didn't totally screw us.
It almost seems that these referees have their own agenda this year.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Rams lucked out in this one but that fumble play was the correct call. No conspiracy there. The holding was definitely uneven in this game. Although there were a couple instances that looked like holding for us that actually weren't. Still, Seattle got nailed with quite a few calls and we got none...that's a tough pill to swallow.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Rams lucked out in this one but that fumble play was the correct call. No conspiracy there. The holding was definitely uneven in this game. Although there were a couple instances that looked like holding for us that actually weren't. Still, Seattle got nailed with quite a few calls and we got none...that's a tough pill to swallow.

Went down quite nicely thank you.