Pedro Cerrano playing center for the Rams?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I was excited about Scott Wells initially...I stuck up for him the past 2 years even...

But I recently unfollowed him on twitter because I find it very annoying that after games that he plays poorly in he sends out tweets that are simply christian scripture about how great life is.

Look, I'm all for people choosing and believing in whatever faith they want. I support their rights to preach it all they want. But as a football fan that kind of stuff starts to come off as not caring about your performance when it's all sunshine and lollipops after a poor performance.

FYI...I'd be annoyed even if it wasn't religious quotes but of the same "life is swell" tone.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm quite bemused by this.
Lol, by my post itself or the topic?

I wasn't trying to come off as a grouch or anything...I'm not like angrily stomping my foot and demanding that Scott Wells hate life when the Rams lose. I'd just like to see something that shows he isn't happy with a poor performance.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe he is but he just doesn't put it on twitter. I'm not one for social media though so I'm maybe not the best person to talk about this.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Maybe he is but he just doesn't put it on twitter. I'm not one for social media though so I'm maybe not the best person to talk about this.
Sure, maybe not. But with it being the outlet a fan can see that is how it can come off is all.

tanaka-marbles.jpg

...he has no marbles!

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Huh? Don't think you should be angry at a guy who is happy in his life. He has a lot to be grateful for and is showing that. Doesn't necessarily mean he's happy with his play - but at the end of the day its just his job. Most people don't come home after a bad day at the office and put on twitter "bad day at the office - I'm gonna kill it tomorrow though!" all the time.

HX76

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Who is Pedro Cerrano by the way?

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Huh? Don't think you should be angry at a guy who is happy in his life. He has a lot to be grateful for and is showing that. Doesn't necessarily mean he's happy with his play - but at the end of the day its just his job. Most people don't come home after a bad day at the office and put on twitter "bad day at the office - I'm gonna kill it tomorrow though!" all the time.
I specifically followed up pointing out there is no anger.

Most players that you follow on twitter after a loss have something like "we will be better" or "need to get better"...that's all.

jjab360

Legend
Well, there's not exactly a bible verse about memorizing the snap count and blocking assignments...

Don't really know what you're expecting here

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Anyone want to guess what will happen to this thread if the religious remarks continue? It ends up in the black hole of ROD purgatory. No religion or politics gets discussed here at ROD, especially not in the Rams-NFL section.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Hahaha

A simple "MY BAD" would go a long way after that game killer he had on Sunday. A loooooong way.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Anyone want to guess what will happen to this thread if the religious remarks continue? It ends up in the black hole of ROD purgatory. No religion or politics gets discussed here at ROD, especially not in the Rams-NFL section.
I was just quoting Major League, didn't mean anything offensive by it

Sum1

Hall of Fame
It really shouldn't. Religion wasn't being critiqued at all by my OP and the "Jesus can't hit a curveball" was simply a line from Major League.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Maybe Jared Cook should have shoved Scott Wells instead of Austin Davis.

Very good point. Cook could have received 100% forgiveness from me at least if he would have come out and said he mistook Davis for Wells.

Baaaaaahahahahahahahahahahaaaaaaa

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
It really shouldn't. Religion wasn't being critiqued at all by my OP and the "Jesus can't hit a curveball" was simply a line from Major League.

It's not about religion being critiqued but mentioned at all in the first place. It always leads to arguments and dissension.

So far we've had the words "christian scripture," "faith," "religious quotes," "Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball," "praying," and " bible verse." It's just a reminder to steer away from continuing to head in that direction.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
It's not about religion being critiqued but mentioned at all in the first place. It always leads to arguments and dissension.

So far we've had the words "christian scripture," "faith," "religious quotes," "Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball," "praying," and " bible verse." It's just a reminder to steer away from continuing to head in that direction.

And don't forget "twitter" it is evil