Paxton Lynch Struggles in Interviews?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMpage28

Hall of Fame

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
The guy is plenty smart. Seasoned? No. Everyone knows that, particularly NFL teams.

If he drops to us, good.

A55VA6

Legend
I think it's pretty clear that he's a little bit of a project, but he has great upside. He might need to sit a year or 2..

I just wonder, are the Rams willing to take the risk on drafting this guy?

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The guy is plenty smart. Seasoned? No. Everyone knows that, particularly NFL teams.

If he drops to us, good.

It could matter, but if he is coached well, he has the other tools to succeed. Trouble is there are a lot of young QBs with all of the physical tools that were prolific in college that didn't succeed in the NFL. That is a big concern IMO. Where most of these kids fail is in their ability to understand the NFL concepts and to process information very quickly. Lynch not interviewing well and being aloof should be a concern. How high do you draft a guy that may take two or three years to develop? I don't like using pick 15 on him. Round 2 maybe? Round 3 is more like it.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Guys, Guys, Guys Fisher has told him what to say in order for him to slide to 15!

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Lynch isn't exactly a project
It's like what they were saying up and down about Roethesberger

The Skinny:A young signal caller with a tremendous amount of upside potential as he matures both physically and mentally.Great prospect for the future.

Sound familiar?
I'd prefer Cook but Lynch is the Snead/Fisher prototype

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
He scares me, I hope I am wrong because our paths seem destined to cross.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I really don't see why the Rams would spend a #1 or #2 pick on any of these QB prospects not named Wentz or Goff.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Gotta believe how the FA QB market is settling down, we should be working on a deal to move up to land a top QB PROSPECT

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Gotta believe how the FA QB market is settling down, we should be working on a deal to move up to land a top QB PROSPECT

Exactly. This FA period demonstrates the supply and demand problem with the position. I'll be shocked if Lynch is there at 15. Do Snead and Fish have the balls to sit there in the hopes he makes it? Do they honestly think Denver doesn't realize they gotta get ahead of 15? Or any other team thinking he might be a legit franchise QB for that matter.

It's gonna be a crazy draft I'm thinking. Still holding out hope, however small, that they are going to move up.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I really don't see why the Rams would spend a #1 or #2 pick on any of these QB prospects not named Wentz or Goff.

Recently the only one that pundits seem certain about now is Wentz. Goff has been taking his shots in the media. Some really don't think he will be that good.

Recently the only one that pundits seem certain about now is Wentz. Goff has been taking his shots in the media. Some really don't think he will be that good.
Really hoping the staff doesn't over reach on Lynch or maybe even Goff, I am of the mind that we would be considerably better off with more picks to build up the team with playmakers then going all in on a QB that I do not believe to be a franchise level QB. This team is not at that level of desperation yet, while our passing game was awful last year we need more than just a "new" QB to fix it and I think the staff know this.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Really hoping the staff doesn't over reach on Lynch or maybe even Goff, I am of the mind that we would be considerably better off with more picks to build up the team with playmakers then going all in on a QB that I do not believe to be a franchise level QB. This team is not at that level of desperation yet, while our passing game was awful last year we need more than just a "new" QB to fix it and I think the staff know this.

I disagree strongly at this point
7-8 is not working for anyone
They know they need a Franchise QB - that's why Fisher supposedly came here cause of Bradford

This is their only chance - the RG3 trade is a thing of the past now. Britt, Tavon, and 2nd & late round pick will do just fine. Guys like Calvin Johnson and Boldin on the other end of the spectrum are still out there as well. We have Gurley and rebuilt the O-line as young as it is -- THIS IS QB DESPERATION TIME

No need to bring in Treadwell to see him struggle and barely get the ball anyways - this regime can't afford it -- It's All In for that QB

Watch the Rams try to jump to #1

They know they need a Franchise QB - that's why Fisher supposedly came here cause of Bradford

This is their only chance - the RG3 trade is a thing of the past now. Britt, Tavon, and 2nd & late round pick will do just fine. Guys like Calvin Johnson and Boldin on the other end of the spectrum are still out there as well. We have Gurley and rebuilt the O-line as young as it is -- THIS IS QB DESPERATION TIME

No need to bring in Treadwell to see him struggle and barely get the ball anyways - this regime can't afford it -- It's All In for that QB

If we can work it out with the Titans to get to #1 and get Wentz then I will be a very happy camper, I just don't think there is another NFL ready Franchise QB in the draft. I'm in the Wentz or bust mindset for getting a QB in the 1st round.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

I am back on board with the QB or bust crowd. I hate the idea of what it may take to get to #1 though. If they could it it with mostly this year's picks then good. I hate given up too much in future picks though. I'd be fine if the Rams pulled a Sitka this year and traded all of this year's picks and a first or second next year to get to one. But three first and a second would suck.

I like what the other two showed in college. I won't pretend to guess if they have it mentally. All we really can go by is reports. Just have to trust the coaches. If they move up to 5 for Lynch or Goff I won't complain. I am not always crazy about the picks when t hey are made but I don't get too critical, until the coaches and players have proven my suspicions to be warranted. Lately Snisher have been keeping me quiet on that end.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I am back on board with the QB or bust crowd. I hate the idea of what it may take to get to #1 though. If they could it it with mostly this year's picks then good. I hate given up too much in future picks though. I'd be fine if the Rams pulled a Sitka this year and traded all of this year's picks and a first or second next year to get to one. But three first and a second would suck.

I like what the other two showed in college. I won't pretend to guess if they have it mentally. All we really can go by is reports. Just have to trust the coaches. If they move up to 5 for Lynch or Goff I won't complain. I am not always crazy about the picks when t hey are made but I don't get too critical, until the coaches and players have proven my suspicions to be warranted. Lately Snisher have been keeping me quiet on that end.

Even if the Rams pay a boatload of picks to get up to 1, it's ok as long as they hit on the QB. They'll have a young, cost controlled QB for five years. Winston is going to cost the Bucs $5.7 million this year. That will give the Rams a nice window where they can creatively use that cap space in FA to ensure the other pieces around the QB are up to snuff and/or keep the right players like Brockers or whoever else they deem part of the future.

If they move up I think their target is Goff. He's the most ready to play, and would probably win the starting job by midseason at the latest. I'll be good with them moving up for Wentz, or up a little for Lynch, but IMO Goff is the guy. He's the piece that will put this offense back on the map.

If they whiff in round 1 on QB then they're gonna have to reach in round 2 for the guy they believe might be good enough. I could see them reaching in round 2 for Prescott, or Doughty, or Driskel, or whoever it is that led them to not push for QB in round 1. In that range the guy I want is Doughty, as he's played quite well against better rosters while putting up very good completion percentage and situational numbers. But the risk is how do you know that the guy you covet isn't coveted by some other team that just watched this FA insanity as well? So risky man, and the Rams cannot afford to roll the dice because they've painted themselves into a corner by not making QB a priority in their draft capital. That has to change now, this offseason, IMO.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Exactly. This FA period demonstrates the supply and demand problem with the position. I'll be shocked if Lynch is there at 15. Do Snead and Fish have the balls to sit there in the hopes he makes it? Do they honestly think Denver doesn't realize they gotta get ahead of 15? Or any other team thinking he might be a legit franchise QB for that matter.

It's gonna be a crazy draft I'm thinking. Still holding out hope, however small, that they are going to move up.

You raise a very good point, Merlin.

It does make sense for Elway to make a bold move to get up ahead of us at #15 to get Lynch.

Denver needs a QB like a drowning man needs oxygen. Lol.

Is it possible that the "cautious" stay put at #15 option might be the most risky of all?

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You raise a very good point, Merlin.

It does make sense for Elway to make a bold move to get up ahead of us at #15 to get Lynch.

Denver needs a QB like a drowning man needs oxygen. Lol.

Is it possible that the "cautious" stay put at #15 option might be the most risky of all?

I think so. Don't forget the Jets also, they are nearly as desperate as Denver.

And even worse is it will affect guys like Prescott. If you want to take Doctson at 15 for example and get Dak in round 2 there is a good chance he doesn't get there. Would not surprise me if Denver takes him, which is possible if Lynch goes to Jets.

So if the Rams don't move up and get their guy at the top they are going to need to reach for someone IMO.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think so. Don't forget the Jets also, they are nearly as desperate as Denver.

And even worse is it will affect guys like Prescott. If you want to take Doctson at 15 for example and get Dak in round 2 there is a good chance he doesn't get there. Would not surprise me if Denver takes him, which is possible if Lynch goes to Jets.

So if the Rams don't move up and get their guy at the top they are going to need to reach for someone IMO.

My interest in all the other QBs has really waned of late. I think Prescott looks like a perennial backup type. Like Jrry likes to say, nothing stands out about him. The Rams need to man the torpedos on this one and move up to wherever they need to get whatever guy they really like.