Pauline: Rams Actively Shopping #2 Pick in the Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamBill

Legend
Tony Pauline ‏@TonyPauline

Word around the league and in Orlando (UCF pro-day) has the St Louis Rams actively shopping the number two pick in the draft...

tbux

Rookie
I think we all knew that would happen- why would they not? makes too much sense- I would be shocked if we stay at 2.

PhxRam

Too good to pass up. Williams will figure out how to utilize him this year and he takes over for Long in '15.
Huge cap savings with major upgrade.

You very well could be right.. I mean if we get stuck at number 2, he would have to be in the discussion.

RamBill

Legend
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
The key word is "ACTIVELY". They could be shopping it in a more stealthy way. They could be shopping it quietly. This says that isn't the case.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
I expected this ,the best way to maximize the return for that pick is to auction it NOW,it guarantees the buyer one of the two top QB's,Clowney or THE top QB, never figured them to wait until draft day.

VARAMS

UDFA
Name
Dano
I would think we have good chance at a 1st and 2nd round pick this year for 1.2 (Cleveland or Minnesota wanting a specific QB, Atlanta picking Clowney). Cleveland would be desperate to trade both of their 1st round picks this year to move up 2 - so I give it 10% chance of happening. No lower than 1.8 unless we get 3 picks for 1.2 (naybe including a 1st round pick for next year).

PhxRam

I am just not sure that someone will give us the best return until they see what Houston is going to do.

If they are going to offer us several different packages to choose from depending on who gets selected first, then shop away.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Too good to pass up. Williams will figure out how to utilize him this year and he takes over for Long in '15.
Huge cap savings with major upgrade.
He MIGHT be good he might be lazy in either case he is not better than two or three players they would get in a trade down scenario