Pauline: Rams Actively Shopping #2 Pick in the Draft

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

He MIGHT be good he might be lazy in either case he is not better than two or three players they would get in a trade down scenario

And you dont know that really either. What if we land a Aaron Curry and a Tony Mandarich in the same draft?

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Too good to pass up. Williams will figure out how to utilize him this year and he takes over for Long in '15.
Huge cap savings with major upgrade.

No. We've signed Long to a long-term deal that goes well past '15. The problem I see with Clowney (other than the big red sign around his neck reading "BUST" on him) is that we won't be able to pay both Quinn and Clowney given that they will both command HUGE contracts. So at some point we will have to dump one of them. I would rather a franchise OT (or even Watkins) as we'll be able to PAY them once their rookie contracts run out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
No. We've signed Long to a long-term deal that goes well past '15. The problem I see with Clowney (other than the big red sign around his neck reading "BUST" on him) is that we won't be able to pay both Quinn and Clowney given that they will both command HUGE contracts. So at some point we will have to dump one of them. I would rather a franchise OT (or even Watkins) as we'll be able to PAY them once their rookie contracts run out.

Que? If we keep Quinn, we'll be paying Quinn and Watkins or Quinn and Matthews or Quinn and Robinson. What's the difference between that and paying Quinn and Clowney? You lost me there.

IMO, we could definitely keep both if we wanted to.

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Que? If we keep Quinn, we'll be paying Quinn and Watkins or Quinn and Matthews or Quinn and Robinson. What's the difference between that and paying Quinn and Clowney? You lost me there.

IMO, we could definitely keep both if we wanted to.

You generally don't have that much salary cap tied up in one position group. We're talking about 2 #1 pass rushers. That's like paying for 2 LT, or 2 WR #1. It doesn't happen - in the modern era of the game.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

now that saffold is back i'm even more aboard the clowney train. not sure if any team is willing to give up much to move up to #2, the qbs aren't getting any love from anyone.

if the rams are stuck at #2 and clowney is there they better take him if they think he's all that.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You generally don't have that much salary cap tied up in one position group. We're talking about 2 #1 pass rushers. That's like paying for 2 LT, or 2 WR #1. It doesn't happen - in the modern era of the game.

Panthers are doing it with Greg Hardy and Charles Johnson. Cardinals are doing it with Calais Campbell and Darnell Dockett. Colts had Mathis and Freeney.

I don't see really how it would be different than if we drafted and re-signed Watkins/Robinson/Matthews. We're going to end up paying Quinn either ways.

BTW, didn't we pay two #1 WRs with Holt and Bruce? Didn't the Colts pay Wayne and Harrison?

OnceARam

Hall of Fame
Panthers are doing it with Greg Hardy and Charles Johnson. Cardinals are doing it with Calais Campbell and Darnell Dockett. Colts had Mathis and Freeney.

I don't see really how it would be different than if we drafted and re-signed Watkins/Robinson/Matthews. We're going to end up paying Quinn either ways.

BTW, didn't we pay two #1 WRs with Holt and Bruce? Didn't the Colts pay Wayne and Harrison?

We're going to have a lot of high draft picks to re-sign in a few years. Generally you can't sign everyone. All I'm saying is I would rather spread the money out.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We're going to have a lot of high draft picks to re-sign in a few years. Generally you can't sign everyone. All I'm saying is I would rather spread the money out.

Meh, I'd rather accrue the best talent possible. Demoff will figure a way to make it work. If Clowney is a better talent than the other options at #2(I think so), give me him.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
Long deal will be cut short after this season without cap penalty and Clowney will start LDE.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
And you dont know that really either. What if we land a Aaron Curry and a Tony Mandarich in the same draft?
No one knows for sure but I'll put my money on Fisher and Snead and not picking two players like that.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am hoping that Blake Bortles has an OUTSTANDING pro day in Mickey Mouse Land today! This would be very helpful since Teddy & Johnny have done very little to cause teams to :love:.

The shopping of the #2 pick has been ongoing since the season ended. It would be nice if Jadeveon & Bortles can entice at least a dozen foamers & drollers.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am just not sure that someone will give us the best return until they see what Houston is going to do.

If they are going to offer us several different packages to choose from depending on who gets selected first, then shop away.

Yep agree DE or QB will be the big two sides of traders. The Texans will have to pick before a team knows who is there @ #2.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Yep agree DE or QB will be the big two sides of traders. The Texans will have to pick before a team knows who is there @ #2.
It would be nice if the Texans came right out and told everyone like Indy did. They must be hoping Bortles blows everyone away too.

MerlinJones

Pro Bowler

Then I guess we can travel through time?

With our future knowledge I don't think I'd draft Curry and Mandarich though.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Brian Quick and Isaiah Pead say hello (albeit from the second round).
Although Pead has not shown much we still have no clue why his role has not been bigger he is still on the roster and could turn out ok. Quick has been exactly what was expected, guy from a small school with good talent and not much experience in a pro style offense and a huge learning curve. By all accounts from the organization he has progressed and done everything they have asked of him. He got to play with Bradford for 6+ games in 2013 and in 2 years has been targeted 6 times in a game once. Expecting him to produce more than he has is short sighted.