Pass Blocking + Foles = Surprisingly Competent

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Well, we don't have many sacks because we really don't run many offensive plays too. That might be a contributing factor.
Yes, but that ranking of #9 overall is their adjusted sack rate, which (per footballoutsiders.com) "gives sacks (plus intentional grounding penalties) per pass attempt adjusted for down, distance, and opponent". Pretty good indicator of pass pro so far I would think. It should only get better going forward. My only concern is these rookies hitting the "rookie wall" after 10 weeks or so. Fish will have to keep them fresh somehow.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Hold your horses Cowboy. They have played a lot of weak O lines too! Bears? Seattle? Niners?

Add that to how Rodgers plays into the defense's advantage. When you're playing catch up, it's easier for defenses to accumulate sacks

RamzFanz

Damnit
That's true. But they're still #2 in the NFL in sacks. Tied with us.(but we've played better OLs)

Exactly. Wait until we get to feast on the weaker lines.

I am under the impression we will be making a sack record run this season.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yes, but that ranking of #9 overall is their adjusted sack rate, which (per footballoutsiders.com) "gives sacks (plus intentional grounding penalties) per pass attempt adjusted for down, distance, and opponent". Pretty good indicator of pass pro so far I would think. It should only get better going forward. My only concern is these rookies hitting the "rookie wall" after 10 weeks or so. Fish will have to keep them fresh somehow.
Well, any of the stats sites gets mixed reviews every week, at best.

I think it is a very valid point that the Rams offense hasn't had the ball very much.

No ball, no sacks.

Hopefully they have some good, long drives this week... minus the sacks, of course.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I'd still like to know what happened at half time to make the O-line play so much better with run blocking in the 2nd half. That couldn't have just been a pep talk. It was like watching two different O-lines between the first and second half with regards to the run blocking.
I haven't read the 2nd page of comments yet, but I heard that Saffold, at halftime, with the OL, did, have a player meeting, and Saffold, also said that the OL did make adjustments at halftime to JT. Hope that helps a little. He didn't elaborate, but I rewatched the game, and I saw some pretty good communication going on pre-snap.

On one big play, GR told Jamon, to take his man, because he recognized a blitzer, the Honey B, and they switched and gave Foles a lot of time. GR was rag dolling some peeps on Sunday. I have seen the whole line progress, but the last two games, GR is moving his feet better, and keeping them moving. His feet were getting stagnant in the first couple of games. This to me, is a good sign that he is taking to coaching, and learning his craft.

P.S. @LumberTubs detailed this very play that I was talking about. Lol. http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/o-line-on-austins-2nd-td.40554/

Last edited: