Part of me is excited about moving on from Jackson

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
Username said:
Pead and Richardson better have started their pass blocking practice yesterday btw. Show them some film of Marshall to teach them how a smaller guy can get things done.
The Rams should bring Marshall in and let him teach them how to run the ball, run routes from the RB position and pass block. I know Marshall helped the Rams beat Fisher in the superbowl, but this should happen. Marshall has his name in the stadium, we should let him do some instruction

jap

Legend
brokeu91 said:
Username said:
Pead and Richardson better have started their pass blocking practice yesterday btw. Show them some film of Marshall to teach them how a smaller guy can get things done.
The Rams should bring Marshall in and let him teach them how to run the ball, run routes from the RB position and pass block. I know Marshall helped the Rams beat Fisher in the superbowl, but this should happen. Marshall has his name in the stadium, we should let him do some instruction

. . . or they can do like SJ (and presumably Marshall) used to do and sit in on the OL meetings to learn their blocking assignments. They can also get instruction on blocking from the grand master, Coach Bou himself.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Its time. It won't be easy to see him in enemy colors , but WE'LL be better off as a team at this point. It's the right time.

If your starting RB's BEST quality is picking up blitzers,,, it's time to find a starting RB whose best quality is running.

SJ was a good player for the Rams. He's been a lone bright spot for many years... but his best days are behind him as a football player.

Yamahopper

Hall of Fame
I wish him well and thank him for all that he did for this team.
For years he was the team. Without him the 15-65 years would have been much worse.

It's Bradfords team now.
And if the young RB's don't cut it, they will get ones in here that can.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
RamBall said:
I will miss SJ when/if he leaves. But the biggest statement that he will be making if he leaves is that he does not think the Rams are close to being a contender.

I may be wrong but I don't think Im the only person that thinks the Rams have a good shot at contending for the NFCW title. I would like to think that the coaching staff and the players, except for SJ apparently, believe they can contend for the division title.

So is it a ring, is it money, or is that he isn't willing to share the spotlight?

I believe the Rams owe SJ a ring, just wish he didn't feel that the current roster isn't ready to help him get it.

I wish him the best and would like to see him get a ring.
I disagree with the bolded statement which I think you sort of contradict later
This discussion goes back to why the final year was voided to begin with.
According to new reports SJ was not happy with the "committee" approach, he wants to BE the feature back.

Back when the subject of voiding came up I conjured a parallel occurence with the St.L Cardinals and Otis Anderson during Gene Stallings tenure ,where Anderson expressed dismay with sharing time with Stump Mitchel ,demanded a trade and Stallings promised to accomodate him if he'd refrain from being a disruptive force.
Anderson went on to win a SB with NY.

These days with FA and the new CBA making draft choices more cap friendly trades don't happen so much,but IMO the decision that SJ was gone was made BY SJ some time back . He says the money isn't the issue, but I hope it is.I hope he doesn't get a blue sky offer,I hope he isn't promised a feature back role by a true contender ,unless as said before it's with the Broncos,I hope the market drives him right back to us.

JMO but SJ isn't what he once was, last year he broke one for 54 yards? against Philly and hurt himself running that far that fast.
He is still one of the best clock killers around ,but THAT is his greatest value.
I revere his contributions,but I won't even concede that this was a business decision, IMO IF SJ had been ready to accept the role Fisher had in mind for him ,the Rams would have honored the final year of his contract.
So yeah , for me it's ,move on ,wish him well hope he goes somewhere that we can still root for him. BUT I don't AT ALL think it's an assessment of where this team is,I think/hope SJ is in for the same experience as Roman Pfiffer unless he chooses JUST the RIGHT landing spot.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
You don't know what you got, until it's gone. I think that rings true with a legend like SJ. We saw it with Kurt, Marshall, Ike, Pace, and Torry too.

So; becareful what you wish for!

That said... strictly from a monetary standpoint; in the age of a salary cap I believe RB is a position you can find younger less expensive players that can get the job done. I'd divert my budget to positions harder to fill. <-- this is my philosophy unless you land a freak like SJ, Faulk, Peterson, etc. which doesn't happen often.

So, I'm cool with (whenever that time comes) SJ moves on. I just hate to see it happen.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
CGI_Ram said:
You don't know what you got, until it's gone. I think that rings true with a legend like SJ. We saw it with Kurt, Marshall, Ike, and Torry too.

So; becareful what you wish for!

That said... strictly from a monetary standpoint; in the age of a salary cap I believe RB is a position you can find younger less expensive players that can get the job done. I'd divert my budget to positions harder to fill. <-- this is my philosophy unless you land a freak like SJ, Faulk, Peterson, etc. which doesn't happen often.

So, I'm cool with (whenever that time comes) SJ moves on. I just hate to see it happen.
Other than Kurt the others were gone before they left,and IMO SJ isn't the same guy we drafted .
His value to me was 40% intangibles and JMO but THAT factor if he isn't willing to take role status if the coaches want him to his value diminshes because his dismay would be difficult to conceal.
I will miss him, but this is a team, and he has to be a team player or he's welcome to leave.

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Yeah I love it and I don't at the same time. I feel ya on the speed kills bit, we need it in a bad way and Jackson just ain't that guy. It's still going to be really freaking weird. Dude was synonymous with Rams football for like 8 years and now...gone. I hate when this shit happens. Onward and upward though, eh?

On a related topic, I'm really going to have a hard time if they let Amendola walk. Is there an 800 number for that?

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Warner4Prez said:
Yeah I love it and I don't at the same time. I feel ya on the speed kills bit, we need it in a bad way and Jackson just ain't that guy. It's still going to be really freaking weird. Dude was synonymous with Rams football for like 8 years and now...gone. I hate when this shit happens. Onward and upward though, eh?

On a related topic, I'm really going to have a hard time if they let Amendola walk. Is there an 800 number for that?

May I suggest a 900#,you know you always wanted to anyway :razzed: