Parameters in place for Kaepernick trade

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I am not a fan of this. Would seem to make SF in market for draft day QB.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/1...er-broncos-progressing-trade-colin-kaepernick

San Francisco and Denver have the parameters of an agreement in principle on a trade for quarterback Colin Kaepernick, sources said, but before any deal can be completed, Kaepernick and the Broncos have to agree on a restructured contract. So far, the two sides have not been close.

Kaepernick and the Broncos will continue to talk and try to bridge their contractual differences, sources said.

Kaepernick is due to make $11.9 million in base salary this season and has a $15.9 million salary cap hit for 2016. The Broncos want a much friendlier cap number and contract and need to see whether they can get it.

Brock Osweiler to the Houston Texans in free agency, has long been linked to Kaepernick and has reportedly envisioned him competing with the recently acquired Mark Sanchez.

jetplt67

Oh, I have slipped the surly bonds of earth...
Look how aggressive Denver has been in filling their QB needs. We are in the same position and have done apparently nothing. Mannion is an unknown commodity outside of the building and maybe he's their plan but somehow I doubt it.

Ram65

Legend
Epic Battle

Sanchez Vs Krappernic

Denver doesn't have much cap room or is that Krapp room. Rather not see him go so Whinners don't take a QB.

Funny if he does go to Denver. I thought Bradford would have been a good fit for Denver. Denver doesn't have many options I guess.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Look how aggressive Denver has been in filling their QB needs. We are in the same position and have done apparently nothing. Mannion is an unknown commodity outside of the building and maybe he's their plan but somehow I doubt it.
Are you saying Fisher/Snead should be going all out to try to trade for Kaepernick?

Ram65

Legend

You are kidding right? Denver loses THEIR QB in free agency and is settling for a QB that got benched last year. Desperate more than aggressive.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't understand why the whiners are trading him. I thought he was everything chip wanted from a qb.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I don't understand why the whiners are trading him. I thought he was everything chip wanted from a qb.

He is what Chip wants. The problem is Kaepernick wants nothing to do with York or Baalke after the last two years of them running the team. I get a lot of Whiner news on the radio around here so they talk about it all day.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kaepernick and Kelly seem like a perfect fit. I am surprised he wants out. But, OS is probably right.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
York and Baalke seemed determined to bitch and moan their way to Cleveland level dysfunction. Not far to go now...

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
York and Baalke seemed determined to bitch and moan their way to Cleveland level dysfunction. Not far to go now...

York and Baalke hired Chip Kelly as the HC..........

get

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Mark Sanchez and Colin Keapernick don't mean aggressive.

They mean desperate.

Badfinger

RamStalk Refugee
Name
-
Mark Sanchez and Colin Keapernick don't mean aggressive.

They mean desperate.

Besides, even if we wanted Kaepernick (and I doubt we do), why would the Whiners trade him to a division rival? It just doesn't happen.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

Yes, they do seem to want to steer into Cleveland level dysfunction. Which makes the Rams trading up to get Goff or Wenz a moral imperative now, i.e. to save at least one of those guys from purgatory on the 49ers.

Do it, Les.

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I'll take our non-aggressive Keenum and Mannion WITH the draft option. Denver has made it t kind of uncomfortable to draft a QB now.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If I were Denver I'd be doing exactly what they are doing.

They just won the SB. That's a pretty good indication their roster is good enough to go deep again.

Get a couple of QB's who have been there before. Both Sanchez and Kaepernick fit the bill.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
Besides, even if we wanted Kaepernick (and I doubt we do), why would the Whiners trade him to a division rival? It just doesn't happen.

If I was a GM with a chance to offload a locker room turd that was a massive underachiever I'd WELCOME the chance to do that to a division rival.

I will be fapping to this possible trade scenario. You can tweet this and start a firestorm that will be picked up by ESPN and they will say "It's being reported that........."

I will fap.........

Rams give up their 1st to acquire Palmer from AZ, the 49ers trade Keapernick to the Seahawks who are QB needy because they traded Wilson to the Broncos for this years entire draft and next years #1 overall all. The Cardinals use their first and the Rams first they got via trade to trade up for a promising long snapper.

Then the Broncos trade Sanchez to the 49ers AND Eagles for a few million gallon size ziplock baggies.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
If I was a GM with a chance to offload a locker room turd that was a massive underachiever

Yeah, but we can't speak to the turd part. And... Outside of 2015 I'm not sure the underachiever part applies either.

I have always picked on Kaeperdick. But, I'm not sold he's a bum.

Yet. :sneaky:

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert

Wrong, they are not in the same position as we are. They have a better defense even with their FA losses and better skill players and OL. They proved last year that they can get to playoffs/SB with mediocre QB play. Kap in this style of offense can be above average.

We need to stand pat at 15 (or move up slightly) and see who falls to us. Remember there is a lot of disagreement as to the actual rankings of the top 3 QBs. We can get one of them from 10 to 15.

Lastly with this move (if/when it happens) SF can go get anyone the want (QB) easier than the Rams.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
If I were Denver I'd be doing exactly what they are doing.

They just won the SB. That's a pretty good indication their roster is good enough to go deep again.

Get a couple of QB's who have been there before. Both Sanchez and Kaepernick fit the bill.

If you ever become GM of the Rams I will constantly remind you that you are Canadian and only do it doggy style so you can both watch the hockey game on TV.

I will also pay @Username to dickpunch you while I magically and simultaneously disable all ambulances and life flight copters within range of saving you from the deathpunch you will suffer to your nether region.

:whistle: