Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Trial by fire for Bates
I thought Bates was pretty good, and saw Lynch in there too, not bad from those guys stepping up. I would imagine Ayers will be the guy that sees the most time since this is one of the contingencies why they dished out the dollars for him. Also more Barron. But I'm actually hoping the Rams take the week to get Hager coached up at the position, too, and give him some snaps -- I think his flying around to the ball playstyle could do some turnover damage.

Psycho_X

Legend
This is one of the games it'll hurt not to have Tree with Rodgers running ability. But truth be told Rodgers is currently playing the best football of any other player in years. And the dude has been literally unstoppable at Lambeau Field. But what neutralizes a great offense? Playing stifling defense to limit the yards after Rodgers gets his completions and running the football down their throat. This game can be won but the defense will have to play like it did yesterday in the redzone and the offense will have to run the ball like it did in the second half yesterday. Keeping the GB offense off the field and when we can't keeping them to field goals will give us a chance.

woofwoofmo

65 Toss Power Trap
I'm heading to Lambeau Sunday. Anyone have any words of wisdom for someone who will be decked in Rams Blue?? Pre-game activities? What to do or not do?? Bucket list thing for me, seeing a game at Lambeau and it worked out to be the Rams, so jacked for this weekend.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
we seem to play the best teams the toughest, if Gurley can run like he did in the fourth quarter the entire game next week, i really like our chances.
If... if... if...

Great chance for the Rams to prove to all of us that they have truly arrived.

Beat Green Bay in Green Bay? Gurley goes over 100 yards? Put up 24 or so? Limit Rodgers and that offense to 21 or so?

Yeah, we'll get the respect we've been longing for....

But lay an egg? Let Green Bay put up 35 while our offense gets stuck in Green Bay mud?

Loved what I saw yesterday... but I still believe Green Bay is a far more formidable opponent at home than Arizona.

It will take hitting on all cylinders for the Rams to spring the upset.

I remain nervous (but always hopeful).

Go Rams! Shock the world!!

RamWoodie

Legend
OK...let's not get overboard here!!! The Rams won a big home opener...and then went to Washington DC and laid an egg. The offense then struggled against the Steelers.

There's another side of this equation...how are the Rams going to stop the Pack with the top QB in the league at the helm?

The Cards picked their poison yesterday... and TA burned them big time!

1.They took Britt out of the game.

2. They doubled Cook

There were a few times that Cook and Quick were open but they weren't the first option...BUT...the Rams never tried to "quick hit" their big WRs and force AZ to tackle them.

I'm getting a little upset with Cook because he doesn't concentrate on the catch...he's having too many drops..but yesterday there were a couple of times Foles simply didn't get the ball up were Cook's height was the advantage, so the DBs made plays on the ball.

I want the Rams to incorporate the "sight adjust" between Foles...Britt, and Quick allowing the quick slant when it's open!!! They need to do that RIGHT AWAY...BEFORE the GB game.

For the record, I think the Cards were tougher than the Pack will be...but the Rams CANNOT afford to take a whole half to figure out what to do offensively because Rodgers is more mobile than Palmer ever was...he will break the defense down buying time.

Yes...Gurley and TA are threats...but AGAIN...you cannot take a half to get your offense going with the QB GB has.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I see a lot of people saying that the "lowly" Niners held GB to 17, so we should be able to as well...

A few things here....firstly, GB was not at home. Were they at home, they probably score in the 40s...then what would we be saying? That we should "hold" them to 30?

Secondly, that crowd out in SC was LOUD. Stadium seemed to be packed. So not only was it not at home, but it was a tough venue for the Pack.

Thirdly, the Niners defensive demise has been exaggerated. They got pummeled by the Steelers on a short week, and their defense gave up after Kaepernick's 95 INTs against Arizona, but in their two home games that defense has looked dominant, giving up an average of 10 points per game against teams with a combined 6-2 record. I hope we have a good game plan...I don't think giving up the short stuff will work out for us this week.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Aaron Rogers streak of passes with an INT at Lambeau is going to end Sunday. Rams D is going to pick one off.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Aaron Rogers streak of passes with an INT at Lambeau is going to end Sunday. Rams D is going to pick one off.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
I'm heading to Lambeau Sunday. Anyone have any words of wisdom for someone who will be decked in Rams Blue?? Pre-game activities? What to do or not do?? Bucket list thing for me, seeing a game at Lambeau and it worked out to be the Rams, so jacked for this weekend.

Went to a Ram game at Lambeau in 2006. We actually won in the last minute.
Stadium is great, and fans were very cool, before and after the game. You'll have a great time.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
Rams need to recognize what these guys are and what they are not.

They are surgeons. They will eat you up in the short and intermediate passing game.

They are elusive. You think you have a sack and next thing you know the ball is 30 yards downfield.

They are physical. Eddie Lacy is a big ol load to bring down. I was not a fan pre draft and he is making me eat it every week.

They are smart. Aaron Rogers isn't just physically gifted - he is two steps ahead of every D he faces. They don't get out coached on either side of the ball either.

What they are not:

They aren't a track team. They have no deep threat (anymore) - the ball will be completed in front of the safeties.

They aren't winning the LOS very often. They can be run on and if Rogers weren't a magician, they would lead the league in sacks allowed.

So how to we beat them?

For goodness sake - make a concerted effort to disguise what you are doing defensively. Don't show him where it's coming from with 5 seconds left on the play clock.

I know we say this every week - but let's control the ball. Run it, run it, and run it some more. We can't be starting at first and 15 or first and 20. (Looking at you G Rob)

Account for the scramble. Man what a game to not have Ogletree. I'd use a spy on him - maybe Joyner?

Tavon and Gurley are the offense. Put the ball in their hands. Mix in a bit of Bailey, Britt, Quick - heck, you can even throw it to the tight ends here and there but I want TA and TG with the ball as often as possible.

This is the best team in the NFC and possibly in the NFL. They are tougher than tough at home. What a great game for us to go out there and win.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
I agree. If jl55 could force his 1st career fumble against AZ I'm confident we can get a pick this sunday. I would rather have a few sack fumbles tho...