Packers

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
No question we played a better defense today. We have a shot. Gonna have to score a ton of points, though.

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame
No question we played a better defense today. We have a shot. Gonna have to score a ton of points, though.

yrba1

Mild-mannered Rams fan
Really hope our D-line will be prepared next week while we play physical against that offense. Rattling them hard should disrupt Rodgers's rhythm; just make every opportunity to make him feel uncomfortable in the pocket. Just look what Buffalo did when they dominated that O-line in the trenches.

V3

Hall of Fame
Played a crippled GB O that Rodgers willed to victory. No Nelson. No Adams. Cobb went down. Lacy dinged up.

Well end up facing them at the best possible time.
Too bad we didn't pick up James Jones just so they couldn't have him.

jap

Legend
Packers are a 10 point favorite. Cmon man . No respect

No problemo! That's just bulletin board material. However, the Rams seriously need to start figuring out how to beat powerful teams on the road. After all, we may be on the road during the playoffs.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
If we beat the pack that will be upset of the year. No one, absolutely no one (that's not a Rams fan), will be picking us to win. We have the recipe to beat them though.

Can't give up big plays though, and we have to be prepared for Rodgers and his crazy scrambles that last 10 seconds. That's where they might kill us.

I could see our defense feasting though, Packers aren't built to face a tough team. And as others have said, their defense is possibly the weakest we've played yet.

Worst part of this game, my wife and her family are pack fans.... But they're classy at least so it will be fun, always supporting the Rams when they do well.

Bluesy

Reppin' the Rams since 2000
Name
Kyle
Also, if we can win against the Packers we will be looking ok going into the bye with the toughest part of our schedule behind us.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
I like your thinking -X-. If we can't beat em on the field, we'll beat em in the parking lot.

beej

Rookie
Rams just have to show that they can play helluva game, 2 games in a row.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I have to admit, coming into the season, this up-coming game at GB is the only one that scared me to think of. I was sure " No way do we when this game!!"
But after seeing the way this team played today and the way they're improving week to week, Bring-um-on!! They're Mortal!
Gurley will get 200+ all-purpose Yards! And I'll bet on it!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
People thought that coming into todays game too. I'm not so sure, especially after the Lowly 49ers held them to 17 points! JMHO

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
Incredible test for this young team.
But you know what?

They're just 22 men. We have 22 of our own.
I'll take ours in a street fight every day of the week and twice on Sunday.
STREET FIGHTIN' MAN! G-SEVOOOOOOON!

jap

Legend
People thought that coming into todays game too. I'm not so sure, especially after the Lowly 49ers held them to 17 points! JMHO

This is the NFL: stuff happens---teams (e.g., Pack) get over confident and play below their level, other teams (e.g., '9ers) play above their level, T/O's happen, key players get injured, etc.

None of the above necessarily has any bearing on the Rams game next weekend. In fact, the Pack may be determined to make up for their substandard play this weekend by getting set to grill the Horns.

We need to keep Aaron on the sidelines and keep our D fresh with long, sustained, ball control drives. If Gurley breaks away here or there for long TDs or non-scoring long gainers, that just more pressure on the Pack O to produce. If Gurley sucks the safeties into the box, we can go over the top with Quickie, Kenny, or Tavon. They are beatable, but Aaron will make it tough.

Last edited:

SuperMan28

Hall of Fame

Yeah, you may be right. I doubt they have a better run defense or secondary, though. They don't have a Cambell or elite CB's. Both teams lack at LB'er, outside ofathews. However, ARZ does not have a Julius Peppers. So I see your point. All I know is hand it to Gurley and pulling it back on the next play works against anybody.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
The Niners defense held the Packers to 17 points. The Rams defense should be able to do the same IMO. I hope Fisher and Williams pay attention to how the 49ers kept the score so low. Thing is I think the bend but don't break defense plays right into Rodgers wheelhouse. Once he gets into the red zone with his accuracy I don't think we hold them to field goals.

Leuzer

Daniel Leu
What sucks is that Rodgers gets the ball out of his hands so damn quick and he's so accurate with his passes. We're going to have to rely on our secondary to cover for the first few seconds so we can even get to him. I hope we're in for a barn burner because I have a feeling that's what it's going to take against the Pack. You guys hit it on the head: Win the time of possession and win the turnover battle.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The thing that helps us is that GB is a power running, and longer route passing team whether it be play action or straight passing. That works to our advantage. Moreover, we KNOW how to spy a QB in order to limit him. If we play them like we play Seattle, allowing nothing over the top, keeping a pocket and spying, that run game will go nowhere and our DL will get to Rodgers.

This is likely to be our toughest test and it's very early in the season. Well, toughest other than the Seattle game in Seattle...

It's a long shot, but this team is improving each week and we can do it. If any team is capable of giving the Packers a Home Loss, it's this Rams team right now...

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What sucks is that Rodgers gets the ball out of his hands so damn quick and he's so accurate with his passes. We're going to have to rely on our secondary to cover for the first few seconds so we can even get to him. I hope we're in for a barn burner because I have a feeling that's what it's going to take against the Pack. You guys hit it on the head: Win the time of possession and win the turnover battle.

I think the one thing we have going for us is if Cobb is nicked up, there's not much to fear on their WR corp. Not to say that Rodgers still can't make things happen but our CBs, LBs, and safeties can stick with these guys at least.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Let's not count out James Jones. He's having a career year and, frankly, I'm not so sure Aaron Rodgers couldn't figure out something using the WRs from the Minnehaha HS JV squad.

I like our chances (as I've been saying all along, this team was just going to take some time to come together and that will be the truth even if we wet the bed against GB on the road...) That said, it's still a road game against one of the toughest road opponents in the NFL.

That we've improved enough since Week 2 to say that we have a chance is pretty amazing. Beyond improbable for sure.

I'd say we're ahead of schedule. That's good. Even still, let's not get ahead of ourselves. Just because some guys are out doesn't mean GB isn't still a huge favorite at home and deservedly so...

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
Death, taxes and the Packers winning at Lambeau...The third one is the only one the Rams can do anything about....Losing Ogletree is huge, but it's a next man up league...Trial by fire for Bates.....