GAME DAY Packers at Lions: 12:30 p.m. ET

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Lions looked like crap last week too but pulled it out in the last like 6 minutes. Goff has been in one of his turnover funks lately.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
That 4th down play was Detroit's last shot. Today wasn't their day.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If they were down one score I could see them not using timeouts on defense with over 4 minutes. But down two scores? I think they shoulda started using them. It would take an onside kick if they scored a TD anyway. Why not try and give yourself a little more time?

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
If I was a Lions fan I wouldn't mind Campbell's aggressiveness on 4th down. But that fake punt was too much. Could be the difference in the game.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
Can't expect to win a gm if you allow 20+ pressures and leave 9 points on the board.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Sure... but there's also a through-line on ball security with that player.

He usually doesn't have fumbling problems when he has decent protection though, which he did not today. We harp here on this board about the importance of a good OL, but somehow when it comes to Goff, many want to pretend it doesn't matter and put everything on him. Two of those fumbles were a direct result of getting hit on drop backs.

Not to say he played well today, but neither did the guys in front of him, neither did the Lions D, and Campbell made some bad decisions.

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
He usually doesn't have fumbling problems when he has decent protection though, which he did not today. We harp here on this board about the importance of a good OL, but somehow when it comes to Goff, many want to pretend it doesn't matter and put everything on him. Two of those fumbles were a direct result of getting hit on drop backs.

Not to say he played well today, but neither did the guys in front of him, neither did the Lions D, and Campbell made some bad decisions.
Agreed.
But.. much like Stafford has a pronounced history of pick-6s... Goff has a history of putting the ball on the ground.. especially against better defenses.
Awareness? Hands? I don't know what it is.. but other QBs get pressured and sacked and don't put it on the ground as much.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Agreed.
But.. much like Stafford has a pronounced history of pick-6s... Goff has a history of putting the ball on the ground.. especially against better defenses.
Awareness? Hands? I don't know what it is.. but other QBs get pressured and sacked and don't put it on the ground as much.

Don't know what it is either, but hopefully for his sake their OL plays better next time out. Save for the last two weeks, he's been much better at protecting the ball the past couple of years, and certainly better than he was in his last two years with the Rams.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
We harp here on this board about the importance of a good OL, but somehow when it comes to Goff, many want to pretend it doesn't matter and put everything on him.

It seems he can't escape the narrative.

Everything good that happens is the result of Everything around him and Everything bad that happens is solely on him.

It's a weird phenomenon. But it is pushed by dullards.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL You'd think he played for a division rival the amount of hate or whatever you want to call it animosity a better word Jared gets here? The vitriol sent to the Lions is crazy for a non rival.

KJD_Ram

Rookie
he's lucky he didn't break something when he got horse collard there on that last drive...fucking ref was standing right there and didn't call it...not that it had a bearing on the outcome, but come on, you got to call shit directly in front of you...

Kupped

Legend
Name
Kupped
I like Jared and root for him.

I just point out this stuff because I'm real tired of people suggesting he's better with the Lions than he was with the Rams.. and/or suggesting maybe the Rams would've been better off keeping Goff.

Stafford was the right move for the Rams.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
he's lucky he didn't break something when he got horse collard there on that last drive...fucking ref was standing right there and didn't call it...not that it had a bearing on the outcome, but come on, you got to call shit directly in front of you...

The nfl keeps blowing hard about protecting players and the ref just stands there on a dangerous tackle which often causes injury. Compare that to all the flags thrown for pushing the qb one step too late. They're so useless.