Owners approve 3rd Emergency QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alaskan Ram

Last Frontier Member
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
The question I had is whether or not it would be mandated that teams carry a 3rd QB which it appears it doesn't, it sounds like in theory, you could still carry 2 on the 53.
The rule as I read it means things may likely go unchanged to most teams' approaches week to week unless they have some fear of this benefitting them. Maybe some previously converted QB gets this designation and is assigned to study up in case he is called upon.

Cjcinec

Rookie
Name
Chris C.
I just think that it took Kyle’s poor judgement to bring this all about.
Yeah he is the coach who went through 5 QB’s in one season and a playoff game. He’s also the coach that decided to waive a QB in January just before the playoffs to add a player at another position. Lynch and Shanahan get a lot of credit for some of the choices they have made. They both deserve some scrutiny for the decision to only have 2QB’s on the roster for the playoffs and of course the bungled 3 number 1 picks for Trey Lance. Niners win despite them in many cases.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah he is the coach who went through 5 QB’s in one season and a playoff game. He’s also the coach that decided to waive a QB in January just before the playoffs to add a player at another position. Lynch and Shanahan get a lot of credit for some of the choices they have made. They both deserve some scrutiny for the decision to only have 2QB’s on the roster for the playoffs and of course the bungled 3 number 1 picks for Trey Lance. Niners win despite them in many cases.
Exactly
And I dont see how this "new" rule would have benefitted them any way. Garropollo was officially ruled out, so he couldnt have been the emergency QB

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
It was poor planning on their part.