Overturn the Review?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
Never happened before, and I'm sure the NFL considers doing so a can of worms, but how can they not? Since it was the last play of the game, there isn't a need to drag the teams back to the scene. Just correct the damn thing.

Oh, and make all of Seattle's celebrating look foolish.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I wish they would, because getting it right in the end should mean everything, but even more publicity is bad publicity for the NFL. It will never happen.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
I can see the negotiations now. NFL: "Ok, we'll give you what you are asking for." Refs: "Price has changed boys, and it will go up every week. Just write us a blank check".

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
Imagine if this comes back to bite the Packers and they come up 1 win short of the playoffs. They are now 1-2 in a really tough division.

DR RAM

Rams Lifer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Rambeau
JdashSTL said:
Imagine if this comes back to bite the Packers and they come up 1 win short of the playoffs. They are now 1-2 in a really tough division.
They don't even half to be 1 game short, the ChickenFuckers own the tiebreaker.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
JdashSTL said:

what about the nfc west. the seagulls got an extra win against the rest of the division against a nfc opponent so if it comes down to tiebreakers it could make the difference.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
kurtfaulk said:
JdashSTL said:

what about the nfc west. the seagulls got an extra win against the rest of the division against a nfc opponent so if it comes down to tiebreakers it could make the difference.

Yup. This could really affect a lot of things down the road.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
DR RAM said:
I can see the negotiations now. NFL: "Ok, we'll give you what you are asking for." Refs: "Price has changed boys, and it will go up every week. Just write us a blank check".
I heard tonight (Mortenson?) that the NFL wants to do away with the pension for PT refs. But that's because they want full-time refs, and 21 crews (Plus younger refs) so they can discipline (suspend) refs and crews. The rub there is who will be monitoring/grading the officiating.

I can't say I got all that right, since I was typing here while listening.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Can you imagine being a Seahawk fan now and how contorted you have to makeadiscussion so you don't have to admit the refs. robbed the Packers?

I came to this thread to ask,Does the league have the mechanism to overturn the call and award the game to Green Bay?
ANYONE?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
Can you imagine being a Seahawk fan now and how contorted you have to makeadiscussion so you don't have to admit the refs. robbed the Packers?

I came to this thread to ask,Does the league have the mechanism to overturn the call and award the game to Green Bay?
ANYONE?
They probably do have the autonomy to do whatever they want.
But for sure they're not going to set a precedent with this game.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
X said:
Thordaddy said:

ANYONE?
Just for fun ,I'll bet ya lunch they do,we can pay up at jimi's place in St.L, bet?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
X said:
Thordaddy said:

ANYONE?
Just for fun ,I'll bet ya lunch they do,we can pay up at jimi's place in St.L, bet?
You're on.

JdashSTL

Pro Bowler
X said:
Thordaddy said:

ANYONE?

Plus, how often does a play like this happen? I feel like it would have to happen more often to get league owners wanting a new rule/rule changes. GB will probably get an apology from the league office and that will be the end of it.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
Well, I heard Pete Carroll's press conference after last night's game this morning...

He was asked if he had seen the replay, and if he thought the correct call was made. Pete confirmed that after he watched the replay, he knows the correct call was made.

What more can anyone ask for than the word of Pete? This certainly settles it for me.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
carrolltrek.jpg

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Selassie I said:
Well, I heard Pete Carroll's press conference after last night's game this morning...

He was asked if he had seen the replay, and if he thought the correct call was made. Pete confirmed that after he watched the replay, he knows the correct call was made.

What more can anyone ask for than the word of Pete? This certainly settles it for me.

IMO the Seahawks get this rubbed in their face every game from now till eternity.this will acquire a nickname and hopefully one that shames the Hawks for evah.
As max put it, now we have symetry we end the game with the flip of a coin.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
Wo X I owe ya lunch already for that sig pic. THANKSMAN :cool:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thordaddy said:
No problem.

I had to get rid of that YouTube vid because it was acting all hinkey as I scrolled the pages.
Glad you like it.

Thordaddy

Name
Rich
X said:
Thordaddy said:
No problem.

I had to get rid of that YouTube vid because it was acting all hinkey as I scrolled the pages.
Glad you like it.

I was getting ready to take it down,it had outlived it's glibness anyway.
BUT YEAHBUDDY Thor loves it,I just showed him.

Ram Quixote

Knight Errant
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
X said:
Thordaddy said:

ANYONE?
What precedent? That the "I'm not an NFL referee, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn" replacements shouldn't be overruled on such an obvious (to everyone but Pete Carroll) mistake?

Yeah, I know. The real precedent the NFL doesn't want to set is that they could ever be so wrong that a game outcome needed fixing.