1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Over My Dead Body

Discussion in 'OFF TOPIC' started by Thordaddy, Jun 13, 2014.

1. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

No blinders at all, there are some people genuinely offended,I get that, but that's no basis for public policy,I haven't decided the term isn't offensive ,I've decided to take the people using the term at their word instead of projecting my ideas on their words .
    And BTW thatnks for saying you are "reasonably" discussing this and implying thereby that I am not and then ending your post that way, fill it with insults and then agree to disagree,that's not "respect".
    So yeah last post before it degenerates further.

2. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

You don't need to ,unless someone quotes me I'm done with this one

3. Prime Time RODerator

Done.

4. Sum1 Well-Known Member

Sorry you took it that way. It wasn't my intention...I felt many times that there was attempt to question my intelligence by the tone (Such as, that I "think I'm republican"...as though I must meet a certain criteria). Apologies if that was misinterpreted on my end. I have always gotten along with you and this topic just seems to have drawn a different tone between the two of us. I meant no disrespect and I don't think at the core you did either...that's all I was trying to say.

Have a great my friend.

Prime Time likes this.
  5. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

Actually what I said was " if you really do back the Republican party 99% you only think you're a conservative" because the Republican party isn't conservative, it's just liberal on different issues than Dems. to clarify my what I said.
    So I'd say there was some misinterpretation/ reading .
    I ALMOST never question someones intelligence man,it's a dishonest way to argue and I dislike it and really means you've run out of ideas ,what you've gotten from me in this thread is a piecemeal recounting of about a half of the problems I have with the presumptuous way people are demanding Snyder surrender his rights,I see their attack on his as an attack on all our rights and GUILTY I get pretty wound up about that, too many people in this country are willing to watch others get hosed because it isn't their ox and it's easier to go along to get along.

But ya know bud ,sporting a screen name like your's it strikes me as a little strange you would be offended if someone intimated they were "better than you". Just sayin'.

6. Sum1 Well-Known Member

http://www.ramsondemand.com/threads/whats-the-story-behind-your-name.26652/

7. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

8. Sum1 Well-Known Member

Enough already man...what the heck is your deal? You questioned my name and I just showed you the story behind it and you are just dragging me back into the debate which I thought we agreed to disagree. You want to keep it up and start getting nasty? Because I don't...I respect this forum too much for that. Snyder's intent? Last time I checked things can be disparaging regardless of intent.

9. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

My deal? I replied to your quote.
    And you might want to take some time to consider the reply instead of issuing more recrimination,as far as getting nasty ,no I'm not going to do that I'd council against it.
    I will say this part of your explanation,"It really pissed a bunch of folks off...I didn't care."
    gave me some pause

10. bluecoconuts Well-Known Member

Why does the political party backing mean anything? If the other side was backing the name change would your opinion change? If so then that's not a good reason to thump your chest over the issue.

11. Prime Time RODerator

This thread is going off the rails. Reel it back in or it gets locked.

12. Thordaddy Binding you with ancient logic

13. AnarchyRam Member

Well, it's still a violation of Daniel Snyder's liberty to force him to change the name of his team because of someone else's asinine opinion about it. What difference does it make if it's a trademark or not? Keep in mind, I'm just speaking in terms of general liberty and rights. I don't care about individual laws, I only care about individual liberty. There may be a few instances where today's laws actually protect individual liberty, but we're moving to a situation where the majority of laws on the books today actually violate individual liberty.

In the end, my question is - why is Daniel Snyder's liberty being violated FOR THOSE who don't like the name his team has? Is their liberty really being violated because of an offensive name? No, it's not. Otherwise I can think of a lot of names which offend me. I'm sure Obama, Pelosi, Boehnor, Reid's names offend a helluva lot more people than the "Redskins" ever would.

14. AnarchyRam Member

BTW, My home state (and Bradfords) is Oklahoma..

The name Oklahoma comes from the Choctaw phrase okla humma, literally meaning red people.

OMG!! Strip us of our state name now!

Thordaddy likes this.
  15. AnarchyRam Member

A 2004 National Annenberg Election Survey — the most recent poll to canvass American Indians for their opinions on the subject — found that 90 percent of Native Americans are not offended by the Redskins nickname.

Thordaddy likes this.