Ourlads Depth Chart Including UDRFA'S

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Jourdan’s Oline
0DA99164-DAB0-41B7-9D47-67C3A8454A79.jpeg

I like the way she’s thinking.

Tano

Legend
I wouldn't want top vets - just someone who can come in and keep the young players in line

I would say 5th or 6th round picks at the best
And I just re-read what you wrote and agree with you that if we are not contenders (heresy) then yeah we should not trade any of our draft picks

fanotodd

Diehard
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Fanotodd

I know these aren’t necessarily your views, DTC, but I became skeptical after seeing Bruss penciled in as a starter. Based on what? Plus, is Noteboom even gonna be ready by week 1?

The WR group is all messed up. If Atwell is backing up Kupp, he’ll never see the field. How much is it a surprise when Kupp comes out and Atwell comes in?

This chart seems a little off.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Between Dunn & Brown, they both are similar in leg strength. In fact, if we needed to kick a 59 yard FG they might actually let the Punter Evans give a shot, since he did both FG's & Punts at Wingate.

Cool - should be interesting to see who wins the Place Kicking job.Might come to durability & leg strength still with accuracy.
Have a friend who knows all about High School & College kicking camps.It will add to sports talk with him.He is a Utes Fan & Jazz Fan. Add huge soccer Fan as well. Not a NFL Fan so following Kicking will give a different perspective.He has followed Matt Gays career.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I think it's likely the only notable moves that they would make is if its for a player that can help them for a number of yrs. Like they did with Ramsey in 19'.

A short term 23' fix only, is likely not what they are willing to spend cap space on or to commit playing time for, at the expense of their young guys and their development.

Yeah. I keep thinking we’ll sign a vet or two to fill something in… And it sure feels like we’ll need to when the dust settles… but as things stand today we have no cap room, only enough for the rookie pool.

We are going to be a young team.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
The kids are alright. We still have a veteran QB, a WR1, a talented RB, the best defensive player to ever play the game, and a genius head coach

This team can win.
I don’t disagree but don’t we need to sprinkle in more vets? John Johnson for instance, to give ourselves a better chance...

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
Yeah. I keep thinking we’ll sign a vet or two to fill something in… And it sure feels like we’ll need to when the dust settles… but as things stand today we have no cap room, only enough for the rookie pool.

We are going to be a young team.
We can fit at least two good vets under our cap but is it a one year deal or the kind of vet who will also be a key contributor in 2024? Some good ones will shake loose and will already be getting paid by the team that cuts them. LA is a premium destination for all kinds of reasons other than tax, so I expect we will get a discount in 2023

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I know these aren’t necessarily your views, DTC, but I became skeptical after seeing Bruss penciled in as a starter. Based on what? Plus, is Noteboom even gonna be ready by week 1?

The WR group is all messed up. If Atwell is backing up Kupp, he’ll never see the field. How much is it a surprise when Kupp comes out and Atwell comes in?

This chart seems a little off.
It might be a little off, but it has every player plus has them at the right positions. For example I doubt Jason Taylor II is going to be the return guy, however, there is no other depth chart that is 100% accurate including the Rams website, which is never correct Ourlads is the best one I have come across.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
It might be a little off, but it has every player plus has them at the right positions. For example I doubt Jason Taylor II is going to be the return guy, however, there is no other depth chart that is 100% accurate including the Rams website, which is never correct Ourlads is the best one I have come across.
You can really see the plan looking at how they allocated draft picks and UDFAs. Let’s keep building but plenty should stick once we are down to the full and practice squads

I expect them to raid other teams practice squads at some point too

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I expect them to raid other teams practice squads at some point too
We always expect that, but it rarely happens with the exception of last year when they added Ty Nsekhe (Colts), Shaun Jolly (Browns) & Zach Thomas (Bears).

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
We always expect that, but it rarely happens with the exception of last year when they added Ty Nsekhe (Colts), Shaun Jolly (Browns) & Zach Thomas (Bears).
Some good players appear across the NFL that were developed on practice squads. Some of them turn into stars. Perhaps we should target high priority UDFAs and late round picks that made a splash in other teams training camps

Normally the problem is we don’t have space enough for our own. That shouldn’t be a problem this year

I can’t help wonder if the front office and McVey are putting a new game plan to work. One that other teams have not yet developed or copied? If so, leaving plenty of room for additions without subtraction might be part of it

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
That's right

I forgot Joe Noteboom has an achilles injury and probably won't be playing until at minimum 3 to 6 games into the season

WOW - didn’t see that report.Makes sense that they went guard with the first pick in 2023. Was there a BIGGER need?

The cool thing & what I like the most about drafting Steve Avila is he can play center.I’ve ALWAYS wanted The Rams to get that BIGGER Center/Guard.
In 2021 wanted Dickerson or Creed.Last season Bruss was not a Plug & Play RG.
At some point I’d like

Noteboom-A’Jackson-Avila-Bruss-McCledon 2024

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Some good players appear across the NFL that were developed on practice squads. Some of them turn into stars. Perhaps we should target high priority UDFAs and late round picks that made a splash in other teams training camps

Normally the problem is we don’t have space enough for our own. That shouldn’t be a problem this year

I can’t help wonder if the front office and McVey are putting a new game plan to work. One that other teams have not yet developed or copied? If so, leaving plenty of room for additions without subtraction might be part of it

DUDE - really ? Have you heard of a thing called The Salary Cap!!

The Rams since Les Snead has been a GM has had The Youngest Team year in & year out since Jeff Fisher. That has not changed either.

The Superbowl run was the exception,maybe last season as well because of all the quality draft picks & contracts coming up. Those players were not affordable & The Rams ALWAYS cut Bait since Sean Mcvay has been HC!!

Tell me what The Preseason Brings??? I could see Steve Avila not even playing a down in preseason? NOW THAT is What NFL TEAMS NEVER think about?
Is that developing players(UDRFA’s)? I’ll say YES,but it is a weird concept.Does it WORK? Not sure & wouldn’t be how I believe it should go down. I’m a little bit OldSchool of at least 1 FIRST TEAM series in preseason.Mind & prep vs. fear of injury. Then again Younfer Players get that Starting Experience.

Tell me where I’m WRONG

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
DUDE - really ? Have you heard of a thing called The Salary Cap!!

The Rams since Les Snead has been a GM has had The Youngest Team year in & year out since Jeff Fisher. That has not changed either.

The Superbowl run was the exception,maybe last season as well because of all the quality draft picks & contracts coming up. Those players were not affordable & The Rams ALWAYS cut Bait since Sean Mcvay has been HC!!

Tell me what The Preseason Brings??? I could see Steve Avila not even playing a down in preseason? NOW THAT is What NFL TEAMS NEVER think about?
Is that developing players(UDRFA’s)? I’ll say YES,but it is a weird concept.Does it WORK? Not sure & wouldn’t be how I believe it should go down. I’m a little bit OldSchool of at least 1 FIRST TEAM series in preseason.Mind & prep vs. fear of injury. Then again Younfer Players get that Starting Experience.

Tell me where I’m WRONG
I am not sure you responded to what I said, but I love it :)

Always value your opinion dude

I was talking about signing players off other teams practice squads - sorry if I did not make that clear? That shouldn’t break the bank and would be a nice means of developing the roster with young players who have NFL experience (albeit limited)