Our OL looks good on paper but...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Alan

Legend
jrry32 offering his services:
I actually have no idea what you guys are arguing about. Just noticed the comment and felt the need to butt in. I'll butt out now. But I also have access to PFF if you need certain rankings, just give me the players names and I can let you know. :)
First of all, please feel free to butt in to any of my conversations. I do the exact same thing when I see a little tidbit I disagree with. We're both pretty anal. Plus of course you were right in your observation considering you didn't know the whole context. Keep on keeping on bro.
As for the PFF info, unfortunately I'm not supposed to do extensive research anymore but thanks for the offer. (y)

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
Well, I mean if you look at some of the other OLs, all these guys are slated to go in the same range or earlier:
Jake Matthews OT
Greg Robinson OT
Zack Martin OT
Taylor Lewan OT
Morgan Moses OT
Antonio Richardson OT
Jack Mewhort OT
Cyrus Kouandjio OT
Billy Turner OT
David Yankey OG
Xavier Su'a-Filo OG
Gabe Jackson OG
Brandon Thomas OG
Dakota Dozier OG
Marcus Martin C
Weston Richburg C
Travis Swanson C

That's 17 OLs projected to go in the first 100 picks(18 if you count Bitonio). Him being available in that range is more due to the depth than his talent level.
Valid point that's a lot of O linemen and this truly seems to be a deep draft along the OL. I'd love for us to land him in the 3rd / 4th. My concern is just that the athleticism he displayed at the Combine may have pushed him up out of that range. I know teams don't get caught up in the "pajama olympics" the way fans and the media do but he did put on a pretty strong showing.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I think we have the makings of an outstanding OL but injuries can put that all in jeopardy in a hurry. If I was GM, no way in hell, in a deep OL draft, do I not select an OL or two. The only question is where in the draft to do it? Of course, if I were king, the Rams would be trading down and end up with an extra pick in the 2nd and 3rd and that's where my OL depth would be born. If I draft Mathews/Robinson, they would be instant starters. No way I spend that level of premium draft capital on depth or out of position play waiting on the future.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
This is the Rams OL on paper NOW! How it looks?????:cautious: I sure would not make the comment that this OL looks good.:sick:

Of the current 10 OL'ers under contract..... three are total unknowns, you have two who are coming off 2013 seasons being IR'd and still rehabbing & one starter who has only a half game of starting NFL experience under his belt.

OLT- Jake Long/Sean Hooey
OLG- Brandon Washington/Barrett Jones
OC- Scott Wells/ Tim Barnes
ORG- Rodger Saffold/Mike Persons
ORT- Joe Barksdale/Graham Pocic

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
This is the Rams OL on paper NOW! How it looks?????:cautious: I sure would not make the comment that this OL looks good.:sick:

Of the current 10 OL'ers under contract..... three are total unknowns, you have two who are coming off 2013 seasons being IR'd and still rehabbing & one starter who has only a half game of starting NFL experience under his belt.

OLT- Jake Long/Sean Hooey
OLG- Brandon Washington/Barrett Jones
OC- Scott Wells/ Tim Barnes
ORG- Rodger Saffold/Mike Persons
ORT- Joe Barksdale/Graham Pocic

Agreed but any OL that you draft would show up as "pink" or "green" on your list so maybe you need another color to represent "high potential". All Rams fans are expert at using the word "potential"! ;)

jap

Legend
I think we have the makings of an outstanding OL but injuries can put that all in jeopardy in a hurry. If I was GM, no way in hell, in a deep OL draft, do I not select an OL or two. The only question is where in the draft to do it? Of course, if I were king, the Rams would be trading down and end up with an extra pick in the 2nd and 3rd and that's where my OL depth would be born. If I draft Mathews/Robinson, they would be instant starters. No way I spend that level of premium draft capital on depth or out of position play waiting on the future.

You grab one of the blue chip tackle draftees, Jake or Greg, then fill out the rest of the OL roster with low cost vets and rookies. We have to have able-bodied backups for Beetlejuice and Big Bad Jake, given their respective injury histories. And we would want able-bodied backups everywhere else too. Injuries happen, and we need guys to keep the ball rolling if a starter goes down.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Agreed but any OL that you draft would show up as "pink" or "green" on your list so maybe you need another color to represent "high potential". All Rams fans are expert at using the word "potential"! ;)

Guess I will have to get one ready when we have a "high potential" addition to our roster have a color in mind?:unsure: