OT: Hard Knocks

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
This isn't necessarily a Rams centered thread and as I have stated in the past I am following and rooting on the Lions. I am excited about this season of Hard Knocks, I think it's going to be really entertaining.

But this thread is more specific to Hard Knocks and this particular question.

Who has been on Hard Knocks the most times? It was brought to my attention that this will be Goff's third time going through that experience.

Psycho_X

Legend
It was kind of being discussed in the Goff on Pivot thread but a thread of its own is probably better. Should be an ok watch with Campbell biting kneecaps and all. It'll be a disservice if they don't ask Goff what direction the sun rises though. I'm curious if he's got that figured out yet.

dang

Legend
It was kind of being discussed in the Goff on Pivot thread but a thread of its own is probably better. Should be an ok watch with Campbell biting kneecaps and all. It'll be a disservice if they don't ask Goff what direction the sun rises though. I'm curious if he's got that figured out yet.
Hope Goffs gf shows up.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Halfway through the first episode and Dan Campbell, while mostly likable, is just not it IMO. He is too emotional, and tries too hard to be "part of the team". The up downs with the players was so ridiculously stupid and self serving that I laughed out loud. Also, jeeebus how many former players can you have as coaches?? How do you check THOSE egos over the long run? Lions gonna lion...

Holy shit. This is getting embarrassing with these coaches....

Last edited:

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
I actually enjoyed that episode more than any I've ever seen. The song by Hutch was priceless. The episode was unique

MachS

Hall of Fame
Lions will suck again it's amateur hour over there. We are so spoiled to have McVay and company as coaches its insane.

1)GB
2)MIN
3)DET
4)CHI

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Dan Campbell strikes me as potentially the Lions’ Jeff Fisher… which, as Fisher was for us, a nice upgrade, but not the guy ti get you there.

But I’m with Campbell in one thing… it doesn’t matter what you have to go to get these men to buy in… do it… if it’s being emotional, doing up downs or laying fucking eggs after practice and forcing the UDFAs to take shifts sitting on them… doesn’t matter… do it

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I didn't see it, and I like Dan Campbell but damn is the dude cheesy and phony. He might genuinely be as genuine and emotional as he comes across as, but damn it feels like he's just trying so so hard that it makes it unbearable.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
I didn't see it, and I like Dan Campbell but damn is the dude cheesy and phony. He might genuinely be as genuine and emotional as he comes across as, but damn it feels like he's just trying so so hard that it makes it unbearable.
Lol. Doesn’t sound as if you really do like him.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think that entire Detroit staff is solid. I like the playing experience too. Only question I'd have is how will his coordinators fare straight up vs some of the best in the playoffs. Will they give a little up schematically. But they have a unified message on what the team's identity is, and all that comes from Campbell.

Campbell's just a bit goofy. But all the best leaders have one thing in common and that's being themselves in that leadership position. Not trying to be someone else. Sounds really simple but you'd be surprised how many new leaders try to reinvent themselves in ways that don't work for them. Glenn mentions that too, which honestly just tells me it's a grounded group who at the very least have that shit locked down.

They have a lot of good pieces on the roster too. Offensive roster looks solid to me and they should be strong up front. The Parcells tree is one that I've always respected, because they tend to prioritize physicality which plays very well in the playoffs. Does identity match with their roster on offense... Yeah I think it does. Goff needs to make that big step as the leader of the group on the field and play well and it should come together.

Anyway I think that is one of the better first episodes I've seen of Hard Knocks. They probably don't have enough on defense this season but you have hard coaching going on and players with full buy in which are good signs for them.

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
I think that entire Detroit staff is solid. I like the playing experience too. Only question I'd have is how will his coordinators fare straight up vs some of the best in the playoffs. Will they give a little up schematically.
Since Detroit would have to make the Playoffs for that to be a problem, I don't think it's going to be an issue this season.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
They will be ready up and down and tackling will be their biggest issue… they can’t teach tackling in the next 4 weeks…

But they’re gonna be a real pain in the ass out this season, I really think.

6 or 7 wins, I think which isn’t bad for a team that’s been as historically bad as they’ve been

Tano

Legend
They will be ready up and down and tackling will be their biggest issue… they can’t teach tackling in the next 4 weeks…

But they’re gonna be a real pain in the ass out this season, I really think.

6 or 7 wins, I think which isn’t bad for a team that’s been as historically bad as they’ve been
That's my guess as well but as I also stated 9 or 10 wins would not surprise me

dang

Legend
I think that entire Detroit staff is solid. I like the playing experience too. Only question I'd have is how will his coordinators fare straight up vs some of the best in the playoffs. Will they give a little up schematically. But they have a unified message on what the team's identity is, and all that comes from Campbell.

Campbell's just a bit goofy. But all the best leaders have one thing in common and that's being themselves in that leadership position. Not trying to be someone else. Sounds really simple but you'd be surprised how many new leaders try to reinvent themselves in ways that don't work for them. Glenn mentions that too, which honestly just tells me it's a grounded group who at the very least have that shit locked down.

They have a lot of good pieces on the roster too. Offensive roster looks solid to me and they should be strong up front. The Parcells tree is one that I've always respected, because they tend to prioritize physicality which plays very well in the playoffs. Does identity match with their roster on offense... Yeah I think it does. Goff needs to make that big step as the leader of the group on the field and play well and it should come together.

Anyway I think that is one of the better first episodes I've seen of Hard Knocks. They probably don't have enough on defense this season but you have hard coaching going on and players with full buy in which are good signs for them.
Campbell Reminds me of Bill Cowher.

Tano

Legend
I should also add that in 2017, I kept telling everyone that the Rams would win 9 games that year and everyone said I was full of shit.