1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Ot Greg Robinson Wows At Weigh-in

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by Memphis Ram, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Username Has a Well-Known Member

I don't think anyone would say Robinsons pass pro sucks. He just didn't have to do that much of it. Considering how much his game improved throughout the season, I'd say he's coachable.

2. Tron Fights for the User

It is coachable yes, but will he be able to get it down? I just don't see him being quick enough to eventually excel at it. I don't want Robinson. I do understand why some do want him though.

3. jrry32 Well-Known Member

DR, have you checked out Ja'Wuan James yet? I like him as a RT/OG type.

4. jjab360 Well-Known Member

Not sure how much you've seen him play, but Robinson has very, very quick feet for his size.

5. DR RAM Rams Lifer

I'm trying not to let the cat(s) out of the bag, because I am planning on doing a whole scouting report on offensive lineman. I don't think, from what I've seen so far that Moses has the quickness needed to be a LT, but my grade on him won't be complete until I see apples vs. apples. Henderson is a beast, but you mentioned exactly why he could be a problem, besides either not taking coaching, or being coached badly, because he has some bad habits. He'd have to be a late round pick for me, to off the board, depending on what his background info shows.

Billy Turner was going to be one of my sleepers, I think that when everything started, he was considered a 4th - 6th rounder, but he showed so well, and I think he will be super athletic at the combine. That is the kind of kid that can be coached up and can play multiple positions. If he has a really good week, I can see some team falling in love with him high in the 2nd round. I'll give you one name that I like, Joel Bitonio in the 3rd if he makes it.

6. DR RAM Rams Lifer

Yes. Like him a lot actually, after I watched more on him. I also like Antonio Richardson, and I saw one game where he looked terrible, then I put on the Georgia tape, and I see a quality player with a ton of potential.

7. jjab360 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to it.

RamFan503 likes this.
  8. Tron Fights for the User

Can't argue any of that. Can't wait to the scouting reports. I like Bitonio, think he could be very good. Wish he was a tad bigger though, but can't complain since i Like Zach Martin and they are close in measurables.

9. PressureD41 Les Snead's Draft Analyst Advisor

I don't foresee Moses lasting past the 5th pick in Rd 2.. If anything he "should" creep into the bottom of Rd 1. LOTs get a bump up in ranking. just my 2 cents

10. DR RAM Rams Lifer

Yes, nailed it, those two guys can just play football, and are versatile, but both would need to get stronger. Bitonio handled A. Barr better than anyone else that I saw all year.... that is a big plus in my book.

11. DR RAM Rams Lifer

Moses is not a top 5 pick in any sense in my book. I see him as an early 2nd rounder maybe.

12. jap Well-Known Member

I recall one NFL insider describing Robinson as having "the feet of a CB." Doesn't sound anything close to a plodder to me. It seems too many foolish assumptions are being made just because this guy hasn't had to pass protect as much as one would like a potential draftee to. If Coach Bou thinks he's worthwhile, that is good enough for me.

13. Tron Fights for the User

I have watched some, but probably not as much as most. And I may have described what i had meant badly. His feet are good yes, but I meant more in terms of using them right. Bad footwork, doesnt get them in position fast enough or use them right. He does have potential, but he may never reach it. Thats a big risk to take when it comes to pass protection. There are a lot of guys in the daft who are very good in the run game.

14. DR RAM Rams Lifer

He has great feet in the run game, he just never really pass protected in that offense. The drills will show if he has enough technique, quickness, and balance. I always look at a draft as getting the best value that you can at any position.

15. jrry32 Well-Known Member

Richardson was better in 2012. He's inconsistent but has tons of upside and can play either OT and OG spots.

16. DR RAM Rams Lifer

Yep, he's a real talent, and a potential steal because of that.

17. PressureD41 Les Snead's Draft Analyst Advisor

ya, dam Doc your fast, after I hit the enter button I quickly edited it.

DR RAM likes this.
  18. duckhunter Well-Known Member

My experience with Rang is I find myself shaking my head yes as I read. He's a decent writer and his spin on a story will capture you. But the player evaluation often doesn't match reality. I've let myself be influenced too much by him at times.

19. RFIP Well-Known Member

He may have wow'd them at the weigh in but here is what SCARES me:

"They may have been opponents in the biggest game of the 2013 season but Auburn's Greg Robinson and Alabama's Cyrus Kouandjio both looked like big winners on the first day of the combine.
    Robinson, NFLDraftScout.com's No. 4 overall prospect, measured in at a massive 6-foot-5, 332 pounds with 35 inch arms. Kouandjio, was even longer, coming in at 6-foot-6, 322 pounds with 35 and 5/8 inch arms.

Each lack the elite agility to necessarily remain at left tackle early in their respective NFL careers but their length, physicality and aggression in the running game project well as potential right tackle converts. Also working in their favor is the success that the similarly built D.J. Fluker (6-foot-5, 339 pounds, 36 3/8 inch arms) enjoyed as a rookie, after earning the No. 11 overall selection of a year ago."

Please dear God don't draft a RT "convert" with 1A! DRAFT A SURE FIRE STAR WR!!!!!!

Incidentally, this is the exact knock I've heard against Robinson all a long.

Tron likes this.
  20. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

Agreed, if you don't think Robinson can be an elite LT don't draft him.

Tron likes this.