Only 2 QBs in OTAs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
This is how it should have been his rookie year. Fisher did such a poor job with Goff. I really think we will see a completely different player.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't think it's anything more than giving Murray a shot to sign somewhere else.
I think that's hogwash. The Rams have no relationship with Murray nor do I think teams care about that stuff. He was a total jag prior to coming to the Rams, was lucky to land a shot as a 3rd QB. To me its a non factor, he clearly cant help the team. I wouldn't think twice about it if it wasn't for how strange his signing was delayed. Seems to me he must not be 100% and not capable of playing at all

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Good Listen to Big Rob especially his comments about offensive line coach Aaron Kromer and BTW, Dani Klupenger is very good at what she does...She truly asks some outstanding questions and is an asset to the Rams!
Coach I could agree with you more about what Dani brings to the Rams!!(y)(y)
Two things surprised me in these video's:
** When Joyner said that Coach Phillips already had the "D" 70% installed on day one of OTA's. That shocked me, in a good way! Your thoughts?
And
** When you look at Joyner standing next to Dani, and then look at Havenstein standing next to her, WOW what a size difference between those two guys!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I bet they bring in at least one other Camp arm probably two for actual Camp.

It is almost a necessity unless you want to wear Goff and Mannion's arms out on 15 wide receivers, 10 tight ends and 12 running backs. :D
This is true enough, but for now remember, Coach McVay has said they will more than likely bring in another one by TC! But for now, other Coaches and McVay can fill in IF need be, and then there is always " Johnny Hekker"!!:D

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wasn't expecting anything out of Murray. Don't make things up man.
Murray's signing was strange. So was his release. He is just a jag. It still strange how his tenure went

Lol just pulling your chain. Idk I think at Murray stage of his career he wants the chance to win a back up job and he was probably told that wouldn't work

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon

Rob Havenstein sure looks & appears to be physically in much better shape than 2 yrs ago. Rob has redefined his entire body. One mountain sized NFL OG. I have great expectations from him this season. Between Saffold & Havenstein the Rams should have two very good OG's in the lineup.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol just pulling your chain. Idk I think at Murray stage of his career he wants the chance to win a back up job and he was probably told that wouldn't work
I would prefer a 3rd legit QB in camp to work with the 10 or so WR that are looking at maybe 6 spots.(Really only 1 or 2 open spots)
If Mannion has earned the back up job in McVay's eyes, then I'm down. But we should have somebody who can throw on NFL level to make sure we can keep the right WR

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I would prefer a 3rd legit QB in camp to work with the 10 or so WR that are looking at maybe 6 spots.(Really only 1 or 2 open spots)
If Mannion has earned the back up job in McVay's eyes, then I'm down. But we should have somebody who can throw on NFL level to make sure we can keep the right WR
I understand that but who's out there that we can pick up to make sure we got a NFL level type of thrower

RAMBUSH

Starter
I don't think it's anything more than giving Murray a shot to sign somewhere else. Murray could win a job somewhere, but after what the Rams saw from Mannion again it was a conversation between coach & player...I think McVay wanted to see what Murray had and maybe put some pressure on Mannion, but they came away so impressed with Mannion, there was no reason to take a look at Murray and maybe they wanted to look at a few younger Quarterbacks.

When Los Angeles Rams signed former Georgia Bulldogs quarterback Aaron Murray, he was expected to be a camp body. But he was already cut.

Follow
Field Yates

✔@FieldYates

The Rams have waived QB Aaron Murray, per source. Sean Mannion remains Jared Goff's top backup.

Instead, the Rams have invited Occidental quarterback Bryan Scott to their rookie mini-camp.

Scott will join quarterback Matthew Davis from Southern Methodist while working out for the Rams. While some folks were excited to see Murray reunited with his former collegiate teammate Todd Gurley, the new battle is between Scott and Davis.

However, neither seems to have much of a shot to make the 53-man roster when the season begins. Instead, expect Mannion to be the sole backup to Jared Goff in 2017.

Follow
Vincent Bonsignore @DailyNewsVinny

Matthew Davis from SMU and Bryan Scott from Occidental are QB's expected to work out with #Rams this weekend.

7:24 PM - 11 May 2017
http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/11/los-angeles-rams-aaron-murray-bryan-scott-matthew-davis/
When in doubt , coach has it figured out ! Makes sense to me ... I'm glad , I like Mannion.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I like Mannion.

We all like Mannion, but we love Goff!
goff%20can%20wait_small2.jpg

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I understand that but who's out there that we can pick up to make sure we got a NFL level type of thrower
Without pads or not facing a pass rush any guy who's been around the league is fine by me

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Goff and Mannion don't have much of a history of getting injured so I think two could probably work for us this year.