Only 2 QBs in OTAs

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

WestCoastRam

Legend
Any thoughts on this?

Thinking they're maximizing snaps for each. Sounds like McVay's practices are much more organized (from Farr) than Fisher and there could be something to maximizing their reps while still getting work the receivers need...

Additionally, guess it gives them an extra spot to keep looking at a depth guy.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Give Goff all he can handle. Until he's breathing the offense. Bring mannion along as an emergency back up

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
According to some posters here at ROD, Mannion is a waste of time.
I think mannion can win games kinda like an Austin Davis or maybe even better. Im comfortable with him as a backup and he's shown some good stuff

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Again OTA's I'm sure they want to get Goff & Mannion all the throws they can, however, I do expect another QB to be signed before training camp...They tried out three in Matt Davis, Bryan Scott & Dylan Thompson at Rookie mini camp, i expect one of them to be added to the roster before July and if i was a betting man, I would bet on Davis because he's the polar opposite of Goff & Mannion, but I loved what I viewed from Scott's arm.

Last edited:

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Again OTA's I'm sure they want to get Goff & Mannion all the throw they can, however, I do expect another QB to be signed before training camp...They tried out three in Matt Davis, Bryan Scott & Dylan Thompson at Rookie mini camp, i expect one of them to be added to the roster before July and if i was a betting man, I would bet on Davis because he's the polar opposite of Goff & Mannion, but I loved what I viewed from Scott's arm.
Exactly.
Still not sure what to make of the Aaron Murray situation. His signing was delayed for a long period, he didn't appear on the roster for a long while. And then poof, he was gone. Something just doesn't seem right there, hard to believe he could have been so bad and/or Mannion so good without pads that he was let go

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Exactly.
Still not sure what to make of the Aaron Murray situation.

IMHO, McVay was honest that the Rams would likely carry only two QB's and barring injury, Murray would not get much time in preseason because Goff & Mannion needed the reps. So they cut Murray (mutual agreement) to give him a better opportunity and most likely will sign someone like Davis or Scott for training camp and keep one of them on the practice squad during the season to marinate.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
According to some posters here at ROD, Mannion is a waste of time.
Actually we think he could be a good backup but doesn't have the skills to be a starter. While some seem to think he's better than Goff and can be great.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Again OTA's I'm sure they want to get Goff & Mannion all the throws they can, however, I do expect another QB to be signed before training camp...They tried out three in Matt Davis, Bryan Scott & Dylan Thompson at Rookie mini camp, i expect one of them to be added to the roster before July and if i was a betting man, I would bet on Davis because he's the polar opposite of Goff & Mannion, but I loved what I viewed from Scott's arm.
We are down to 89 men on the Roster so it could happen at any time!(y)
I agree, as a betting man, Davis is probably the man!(y);)

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Good Listen to Big Rob especially his comments about offensive line coach Aaron Kromer and BTW, Dani Klupenger is very good at what she does...She truly asks some outstanding questions and is an asset to the Rams!

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
Mannion has way too strong of an arm to compare him to Austin or Case.

I think he could play 14 years as a backup if he wanted two.

The guy has not reached his ceiling either so give him a break.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I bet they bring in at least one other Camp arm probably two for actual Camp.

It is almost a necessity unless you want to wear Goff and Mannion's arms out on 15 wide receivers, 10 tight ends and 12 running backs. :D

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
If they ship in 500 pounds of ice a day for the quarterbacks then we will know they're just sticking with 2 QB'S during Camp! :D

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly.
Still not sure what to make of the Aaron Murray situation. His signing was delayed for a long period, he didn't appear on the roster for a long while. And then poof, he was gone. Something just doesn't seem right there, hard to believe he could have been so bad and/or Mannion so good without pads that he was let go
Lol yeah you was expecting big things out of Murray lol. Can't believe Mannion is any good huh

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Only two QB's? OPPORTUNITY....
*starts stretching and throwing 70 yard passes to fido....

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol yeah you was expecting big things out of Murray lol. Can't believe Mannion is any good huh
I wasn't expecting anything out of Murray. Don't make things up man.
Murray's signing was strange. So was his release. He is just a jag. It still strange how his tenure went

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I wasn't expecting anything out of Murray. Don't make things up man.
Murray's signing was strange. So was his release. He is just a jag. It still strange how his tenure went

I don't think it's anything more than giving Murray a shot to sign somewhere else. Murray could win a job somewhere, but after what the Rams saw from Mannion again it was a conversation between coach & player...I think McVay wanted to see what Murray had and maybe put some pressure on Mannion, but they came away so impressed with Mannion, there was no reason to take a look at Murray and maybe they wanted to look at a few younger Quarterbacks.

When Los Angeles Rams signed former Georgia Bulldogs quarterback Aaron Murray, he was expected to be a camp body. But he was already cut.

Follow
Field Yates

✔@FieldYates

The Rams have waived QB Aaron Murray, per source. Sean Mannion remains Jared Goff's top backup.

Instead, the Rams have invited Occidental quarterback Bryan Scott to their rookie mini-camp.

Scott will join quarterback Matthew Davis from Southern Methodist while working out for the Rams. While some folks were excited to see Murray reunited with his former collegiate teammate Todd Gurley, the new battle is between Scott and Davis.

However, neither seems to have much of a shot to make the 53-man roster when the season begins. Instead, expect Mannion to be the sole backup to Jared Goff in 2017.

Follow
Vincent Bonsignore @DailyNewsVinny

Matthew Davis from SMU and Bryan Scott from Occidental are QB's expected to work out with #Rams this weekend.

7:24 PM - 11 May 2017
http://theramswire.usatoday.com/2017/05/11/los-angeles-rams-aaron-murray-bryan-scott-matthew-davis/