One of my favorite things about this draft...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
@DaveFan'51 : Look again at the schedule I sent you yesterday about Rams dates for rookie mini-camp :

May 5-8: Clubs may elect to hold their one three-day post-Draft rookie minicamp from Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Monday.

May 9: Deadline for Prior Club to send "May 9 Tender" to its unsigned Unrestricted Free Agents. If the player has not signed a Player Contract with a club by July 22 or the first scheduled day of the first NFL training camp, whichever is later, he may negotiate or sign a Player Contract from that date until the Tuesday following the 10th weekend of the regular season, at 4:00 p.m., New York time, only with his Prior Club.

May 12-15: Clubs may elect to hold their one three-day post-Draft rookie minicamp from Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Monday.

The Rams had a choice between the May 5-8 period or the May 12-15 period, they elected to take the May 12-15 dates.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I'm curious whether ROD has ever applied for press credentials so we might get a photographer and/or aspiring journalist closer to the camp action for pictures and possible interview ?
Nice idea! Maybe next time I'm over there. I'll tell them I'm a "Free-Lance Reporter working for ROD, and see how far that gets me!!(y);):D

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
May 5-8: Clubs may elect to hold their one three-day post-Draft rookie minicamp from Friday through Sunday or Saturday through Monday.
I read this far^^ and stopped! I didn't read the May 12th-15th date!!

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Hate to douse your excitement, but @lockdnram21 is correct. Rookie camp is May 12th-14th. Last year's Rookie Camp was May 6th-9th. Here is the 2017 schedule per NFL.com. :hiding:

Los Angeles Rams

Report: April 10; Voluntary Minicamp: April 25-27; Rookie Minicamp: May 12-14; OTA Offseason Workouts: May 23-25, May 30-31, June 1, June 5-8; Mandatory Minicamp: June 13-15
Read my reply to Riverumbbq, and you will see why I assumed what I did!

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Nice idea! Maybe next time I'm over there. I'll tell them I'm a "Free-Lance Reporter working for ROD, and see how far that gets me!!(y);):D

Be sure to wear your ROD polo shirt & ROD cap. Tell them you are a cub reporter named Jimmy Olson & RiverMan sent you.

Last edited:

MTRamsFan

Montana is God's Country
Name
Greg
Read my reply to Riverumbbq, and you will see why I assumed what I did!
It's all good. We're all excited to see what this team will do once they are assembled and practicing under the new coaching staff. Before we know it, we will be starting fall training camp, preseason, and then the regular season. It seemed like we would never get to the new season, but it will be here quicker than we think. I just wish I had the opportunity to see them practice, but I will have to live by all the reports from our guys here on ROD. Go RAMS!

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Not a bad idea River. Last year at the TC's I attended, I was taking notes right next to the booth where D'Marco Farr was doing his radio show. I had been there for an hour or so and during one of their long breaks Farr turned tor me and asked, "I see you taking a lot of notes, who do you write for?" I laughed and told him I'm just a long time avid Rams fan and I'm going to post my take on TC to a Fans Forum. He asked ,"which one? I tell hem Rams On Demand. He thought that was cool and he is familiar with ROD. We then got into a discussion on the team, the move and weather the players read the fam forums. D'Marco assured me that not only do the players read the forums, the coaches do too and they value fans insight.
I plan on going to, and posting my take on TC this summer and I hope to engage D'Marco again, (if he's there).

I'd ask only if ROD gave me permission

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
And it's such a simple basic thing.

We added 3 new receivers via draft with good hands. On top of FA Woods who also has good hands.

Fans of most teams would expect good hands in their receivers and kinda take it for granted. Not Ram fans. Not for a long, long time, anyway.

We've all seen the vids of Kupp, Everett, and Reynolds. They're open even when they're not open, at times. A few acrobatic one handed catches, even.

Goff must think he's died and gone to heaven as he watches those vids. Lol.

Combine this QB with the hands of those receivers, stir in a little Gurley behind an improved OL and what do you have?

I think you have a highly combustible mixture. One that, if coupled with a Wade D and a Fassel ST, can get us to 10-6 or better THIS year. Maybe the playoffs, even.

Hot Damn!

Part of why Russell Wilson is so good is that all his 're divers have very good hands.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Question is what will that entail this year post Fisher? He never had them on the field just going through classroom stuff.
If the Vet Mini Camp is any sign of things to come, The Rookie's will see some Field work in there Mini Camp! JMHO

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Good read!

One the flip side of McVay's high desire for receivers being able to complete the assignment that McVay has demanded & catch the ball ...where does that leave the future of Mike Thomas, Tyler Higbee & Tavon Austin's? We already witnessed the fast departure of 3 not so sure handled receivers in this off season...Quick, Kendricks & Britt.

Higbee still has a lot of upside. McVay is solid with TE's. He has all the tools & think he will work hard.
Thomas has his work cut out for him.

Tavon has speed , but wonder how he actually broke his hand ?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Lots of folks here hoping Thomas and Tavon improve at catching the ball. I hope so too, but guys who have a penchant for dropping balls never seem to improve on it.

Which reminds me of a stupid joke.

Why did they have to stop the leper baseball game?

Someone dropped a ball in left field.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Not a bad idea River. Last year at the TC's I attended, I was taking notes right next to the booth where D'Marco Farr was doing his radio show. I had been there for an hour or so and during one of their long breaks Farr turned tor me and asked, "I see you taking a lot of notes, who do you write for?" I laughed and told him I'm just a long time avid Rams fan and I'm going to post my take on TC to a Fans Forum. He asked ,"which one? I tell hem Rams On Demand. He thought that was cool and he is familiar with ROD. We then got into a discussion on the team, the move and weather the players read the fam forums. D'Marco assured me that not only do the players read the forums, the coaches do too and they value fans insight.
I plan on going to, and posting my take on TC this summer and I hope to engage D'Marco again, (if he's there).

I'd ask only if ROD gave me permission

Perhaps @CGI_Ram or you should e-mail Rams front office HQ about what is required for a press pass, or maybe ask a journalist/photo journalist at OTA's/camp what the application process is ?

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Its an interesting idea. One I would be willing to explore further. I'm going to be there anyway. Maybe CGI will chime in and let us know what he thinks of the idea?

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Its an interesting idea. One I would be willing to explore further. I'm going to be there anyway. Maybe CGI will chime in and let us know what he thinks of the idea?

Sending you a PM.

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
We added 3 new receivers via draft with good hands. On top of FA Woods who also has good hands.

Kupp, Everett, and Reynolds. They're open even when they're not open, at times. A few acrobatic one handed catches, even.

Combine this QB with the hands of those receivers, stir in a little Gurley BEHIND AN IMPROVED OL and what do you have?

I think you have a highly combustible mixture.

One that, if coupled with a Wade D and a Fassel ST, can get us to 10-6 or better THIS year.

Maybe the playoffs, even.
None of this happens without the improved O line you mentioned above.

That is the biggest key to improvement in my opinion.