On paper, this looks like an elite type D, doesn't it?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Fowler's presence and effectiveness might allow them to tighten up their splits inside since they won't have to generate all of their pass rush with Donald and Suh.

So maybe they can protect their LBs better in tbe run game.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
But on the field it’s a far different thing.

I thought that by game 10 the gelling would surely have already occurred. Clearly it hasn’t, has it?

I’ll leave the x’s and o’s to others, but I will say this.

This D is not playing nearly as well as a unit as their talent would indicate. That’s usually a result of faulty coaching. When previously dominating players suddenly are struggling, what else should we conclude?

Wade owns this D and if he has square plugs going into round holes, talented as those square plugs might be, then I’ve gotta lay the blame at his feet.

Fowler has helped.

Talib’s return should be a huge help.

But geez. How in the world do they allow 273 rushing yards to the Seahawks? And give Wilson an easy 90+ rushing yards? Boggles the mind.

I love this team as much as any poster, but that doesn’t mean that I’m gonna ignore the obvious. This currently functioning D is gonna kill us in the playoffs. It’s gonna be the Atlanta fubar all over again unless SOMETHING changes.

The Emperor has no clothes, y’all.

Expected the punchline title there 43...

Well I feel like our D did better last year compared to this year so far. Our O last year was less electrifying compared to this year.. Still got a lot of gelling. I wouldn’t expect too much. Its ok to benchmark, but its obvious of what is going on...Barely on year 2 and we are almost about to surpass Jeff Fishers win ratio in the 4 years he was in charge.

We are fine, and we will get better wherever the room for improvement is needed...

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
The OLB has to stop crashing down on pass and/or RPO plays.

How many times was contain abandoned only to see the QB roll out and gain 10 yards or for a RB checkdown to go for 15+.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I disagree a little on the Dline part. It appears to me that Wade always favored more attacking type Dline instead of the type that just occupies space. I don't think he will ever draft that big bodied NT that a lot of fans want.

Ram Pat

Rookie
no DT with anchor ass, all rush first. they are very good at rush first, will never be great against run

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
The DL needs to learn to differentiate passing plays and running plays. No point in trying to attack straight for the QB if he is going to hand it off they should close in on the lane and make the tackle... Its good to pressure the QB but its not always about a sack every play...

Ramer

Been a Ram fan too long to quit now
The DL needs to learn to differentiate passing plays and running plays. No point in trying to attack straight for the QB if he is going to hand it off they should close in on the lane and make the tackle... Its good to pressure the QB but its not always about a sack every play...

A good back will use the lane made by an aggressive pass rush by simply side stepping and shoot the diagonal lane …I call it baby cut back... how many times have we seen it?

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
A good back will use the lane made by an aggressive pass rush by simply side stepping and shoot the diagonal lane …I call it baby cut back... how many times have we seen it?
Definitely a lot more then I would like. it's been very frustrating watching this defense trying to defend against the run. I know a lot of the failures fall on the players but Wade does deserve a good share too.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
how many times have we seen it?
Happen to us? Too damn much, and thats what we need to fix. We need a better gauge for when to be aggressive and not overly aggressive where it becomes predictable...

Ramer

Been a Ram fan too long to quit now
Happen to us? Too damn much, and thats what we need to fix. We need a better gauge for when to be aggressive and not overly aggressive where it becomes predictable...

Tottaly agree with it... would still like to see a defensive game plan with results. Perhaps utilize the player's potention by
situating players (mainly Donald) uniquely based on down/distance circumstances.. Like it was mentioned earlier..not every play is about a sack.

TheTackle

Pro Bowler
People seem to be overlooking one small detail - we were very solid vs run and pass - early in the season. Something has gone wrong since, but we have the talent, they just need to play a lot better... again

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Fans always overvalue their young players, with expectations of all of them working out or even being high end players, but most of them don't reach those lofty levels. Out of all our young LBs only one actually delivered, that being Littleton, and he's not delivering at an elite level yet.

Right now electronic Ramsdom is trying to get their heads around that. But the more appropriate question is out of all the subpar roster spots which is most important?

I actually am starting to feel like a high end safety would have the most impact. Certainly we need an ILB to replace Barron (his cap hit after the season drops to $2M), another edge rusher (two if they don't sign Fowler), NT, and a CB for depth at the least, but a safety who is big and instinctive and can switch it up run/pass might well have the biggest impact of all in this defense.