1. To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OL or WR? Looky here...

Discussion in 'RAMS - NFL TALK' started by RFIP, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Memphis Ram Well-Known Member

Givens is not a quick slot guy like Amendola whom Bradford consistently locked in on AND the Rams did almost nothing last year to help him get open (combination routes, picks, etc..).

And sure he had some gaffes. But, you keep posting as if Givens is the only WR on the team for some reason. Sure, he got the most snaps. But, who else were they going to put out there as often that was developed enough to play while having a capability to threaten a defense? The rookies (Austin, Bailey)?? A raw but developing Brian Quick?? Pettis?? C'mon.

If the Rams bring in another WR then so be it. I'd prefer a veteran as a rookie is going to have to go through the same learning curve that most here seem to have no patience with now. To post as if we've seen everything we need to see from the young guys on the roster who are still developing makes no sense whatsoever. That along with totally ignoring how the TEs are used in this offense and how it's possible for one of them to be the team's top target.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  2. blackbart Well-Known Member

Givens was not the #1 WR on the team last year. You want Watkins no one could possibly miss that. You are not convincing anyone that is in disagreement with that want. Just like I'm not convincing any who does not want Matthews.

But you are just making crap up now

3. LesBaker Mr. Savant

The Rams will always be in the top in dropped passes until Bradford develops some touch. Sometimes those drops are because he has too much on the ball.

Faceplant likes this.
  4. iced Well-Known Member

lmao yes he was.

Not only was he listed on the depth chart as #1, he also had the most snaps (Which has already been covered).

please do some homework before throwing out an accusation

5. blackbart Well-Known Member

Whatever I watched every game he stunk up the field and was losing time to Bailey finally the last few games. You can make up whatever you want I know what I saw I don't care how many snaps he got.

6. iced Well-Known Member

Because Givens got the most snap counts... I'm not gonna comment on Bailey cause he only played a handful games, and hardly any of them was with Bradford. I'll admit, Bailey looked way better than Givens did (then again, the bars not exactly set high).

You keep bringing up the tight ends yet Givens still got more snaps than them..and I'm not discussing the overall offenseeither, otherwise I'd be more than welcome to discuss Tight end. I'm talking about just receiver (which would open things up more for the Tight end if we actually get a stud and not a dud out there)

exactly my point - there isn't one this roster.

you may have faith that they'll develop into a receiver - but I sure as hell don't from what I've seen out of Givens and Quick. And judging by Quick's snap count, neither is the coaching staff.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2014
  7. iced Well-Known Member

Lol I'm not making anything up - you can believe whatever you want.

Can't argue the facts

Givens - 779 (out of 1005), 77.5%
    Cook - 718, 71.4%
    Pettis - 580, 57.7%
    Kendricks - 577, 57.4%
    Tavon - 423, 42.1%
    Quick - 354, 35.2%
    Bailey - 188, 18.7%

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/snapcounts

BTW - Bailey was getting a lot more playing time because of Tavon's injury... The only one here making up crap is you

Givens had more snaps than Bailey in every game Except for the very last one of the season, which was only 1 more snap (which Givens btw still had the 2nd most).

weeks 13/14/15/16/17

Givens - 45/28/35/47/37
    Bailey - 22/28/28/40/38

Apparently you did not see how many snaps he got. May wanna work on getting those eyes checked :D

8. Boffo97 Well-Known Member

But remember... it isn't Watkins OR fixing the OL.

We can get people to fix the OL later. We can't get a #1 later barring extraordinary luck.

9. blackbart Well-Known Member

Playing the most snap does not make him the #1 anything except being on the field most. The packages and the fact that the WR corps is so young dictated a lot of those numbers. If anything he was the #1 decoy used for clearing out the secondary because he is fast. Clemens could not possibly throw the ball deep enough to get it to him. And when they did throw to him he either dropped it, jumped unnecessarily, developed alligator arms or quit on the route.

If you are calling him number that just means your analysis is suspect.

Memphis Ram likes this.
  10. jrry32 Well-Known Member

I have a hard time accepting that one. It's definitely A reason but I don't think it's a big one. Danny Amendola had no issues handling Bradford's passes. Neither does Pettis. Heck, weirdly enough, Cook had 2 drops in 7 games with Bradford and 6 drops in 9 games with Clemens.

11. jrry32 Well-Known Member

Yes, we can. It's no more "extraordinarily lucky" than finding a great OL later on.

12. iced Well-Known Member

So the excuse for Givens outstanding lack of production w/ Bradford is on who?
    I'm calling him #1 because that's how he's listed, and clearly treated based on the fact that he had the most snaps. Am I saying he is a #1 type ? Hell no. Right now he's a #4 at best.

Anyone who doesn't see the guy who gets the most snaps at a position as the #1 is either blind or has an agenda.

Stacy got most of the snaps at RB - is he not our #1 RB?

13. blackbart Well-Known Member

Dude you are a guy right you argue like a little girl who just has to get the last word in. You are not convincing me, you are welcome to your opinion.

14. Boffo97 Well-Known Member

You'll find great guards later a LOT easier than you'll find great receivers later. And that's not even taking having a great OL Coach into account.

I know you disagree, but that's how it is. Outside of making a tackle into a guard (hopefully temporarily), the best guards in this draft are predicted to go a lot later than Top 10.

15. jrry32 Well-Known Member

Chris Long got the most snaps at DE, is he our #1 DE? Rodney McLeod got the most snaps at DB, is he our #1 DB? Chris Williams got the most snaps on our OL, is he the #1 OL?

16. iced Well-Known Member

seriously? you're acting like a stubborn little girl, pouting her feet. I mean everyone is entitled to their opinion, but acting like Givens isn't the #1 WR on this team is just ridiculous. And it's not getting the last word in - you accused me of making up crap. I'm just provin' that I'm not.

17. Alan Well-Known Member

I see the same thing Les. It effects his completion rate in so many ways. I did see him throw a decent screen pass (1) last year so maybe he's improving the "touch" aspect of his game.

18. blackbart Well-Known Member

You win, of course you are right

19. iced Well-Known Member

Long is #1 RDE, Quinn is #1 LDE... come on jrry - I know what you're trying to do and I know you're smarter than this

20. Rams and Gators Well-Known Member Pit Boss

What's your definition of great for a WR? Without naming names, throw out some criteria they must meet.