Okay, what changes would YOU like to see Rams make, moving forward?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

IBruce80

Tokyo Ram

I don't get it either.
There is a lot of it going around.
The tone "...less for the plodder..." is a good example.
No need for it.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Getting DL'er Aaron Donald some serious pass-rushing assistance before he wears & burns himself out. Nothing much can be done this season other than hope that Robinson is inserted in the best DL post that will generate some pressure with AD.

Next season I sure would hope that an ER/OLB'er & a Pass rushing DL'er are added on the 2nd day of the Rams NFL draft.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I would like to see:

In game adjustments made before halftime.

less defensive miscues in the secondary

More press coverage to make the QB hold the ball longer

More utilization of our TE’s, to open up other options.

SOMETHING from our Special Teams would be great!
Yeah, special teams seem to be a bore. Nothing spectacular. Usually we see a fake here and there.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
We have had several opportunities where we could have let Johnny use his fake skills, or at least scare them with it

dang

Legend
There is a tremendous softness in the middle of the Rams defense. Opposing RBs jump cut and are met with arm tackles for 12 yard gains. ZlBs and CBs playing soft zone on pass coverage are statues as opposing TEs and WRs fond holes in coverage 14+ yards beyond the LOS. until that is corrected the Rams defense will never be all it can be. I think i both cases the LBs need to be progress or be infused with new talent or a new attitude ala Ramsey, Donald or Fuller. Step up my Rams defense and embrace the glory that is within reach.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not much honestly. It's easy to overreact to one or two games. The defense is statistically elite right now. CBs get burned, DL get blocked, LBs miss tackles - it's life in the NFL. There's a saying in basketball that I think applies to football too - great (execution on) offense beats great defense.

Donald, for as great as he is, typically feasts on inferior offensive lines. If the same pass rush from last week shows up, Ramsey won't be able to cover anyone long enough.

The team with the ball knows where the ball might/will go, most of the time the defense does not.

Offensively, something seems off with Brown - he's never been explosive, but he's slower than he was in previous years. But he's crucial for passing downs.

I disagree with less playing time for Reynolds, I'd let Van redshirt this year - we have too many mouths to feed as is, and Reynolds has played well this year.

dang

Legend
All I want for Christmas is an elite Edge player to feast on Donald’s greatness. If Santa is all out of elite Edge players please bring another top 20 DL to take some pressure off Donald so he can go ahead and set Sack, TFL , QB hit records that will stand forever in the NFL. Donald deserves the support that positions him as the best defensive player to ever play in the NFL.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I'd like to see a LOT more blitzing, and #20 covering their top receiver.

CoachAllred

Hall of Fame
Never Ever abandon the misdirection game like we did against the 49ers
in the first half.
Few teams can stop our running game when we use it.
McVay out thought himself,
I think he gives Shanny too much credit, because our offenses
are so similar. He thinks Shanny and his DC can scheme to stop
our regular offensive sets.
When our misdirection is on, you could hand the opposing coach
our playbook and we could still move the ball.
Just because they know what your running doesn't mean they
know when you're running it.

Petrowsky

Rookie
Name
Petrowsky
Not much honestly. It's easy to overreact to one or two games. The defense is statistically elite right now. CBs get burned, DL get blocked, LBs miss tackles - it's life in the NFL. There's a saying in basketball that I think applies to football too - great (execution on) offense beats great defense.

Donald, for as great as he is, typically feasts on inferior offensive lines. If the same pass rush from last week shows up, Ramsey won't be able to cover anyone long enough.

The team with the ball knows where the ball might/will go, most of the time the defense does not.

Offensively, something seems off with Brown - he's never been explosive, but he's slower than he was in previous years. But he's crucial for passing downs.

I disagree with less playing time for Reynolds, I'd let Van redshirt this year - we have too many mouths to feed as is, and Reynolds has played well this year.
I have always liked Reynolds. I know he has some flaws, like not being physical on contested passes, but I think he does a good job. Since Reynolds has been on this team he has pretty much been the 4th option at WR. When he has been the 3rd option he’s been fairly productive. I’m fine with him getting decent playing time. However, I do like Jefferson getting some opportunities as I think it will help him develop a little quicker.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
Imho would like to see us do better on both sides of the ball,in the 1st half.

swmizzou83

Starter
I think we should try really hard to trade Reynolds for an edge rusher or ILB. The Cardinals just got Marcus Golden for nothing. Surely we can get someone better than what we have for Reynolds.

Last edited:

Wisconsinram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Mike
Great topic. A few thoughts.

If teams are going to dink and dunk (i.e. 2 second release time), how does a soft zone with cushion make sense? For the life of me, I can't understand it. It seems to run counter to everything McVay stands for.

Related, I think I have more faith in our DB's to cover for 2.5 seconds than our coaches. I love our DB's and would love to be proven wrong. That isn't to say they wouldn't give up receptions, but my goodness, give them (and AD/company) a chance.

I, too, don't understand why Ramsey isn't used to erase guys like Kittle. He's a top 3-4 corner in the league and we pay him accordingly. Let him be an eraser....often times for 2.5 seconds or less.

IMO, the Reynolds/Jefferson debate is at the bottom of the list. Reynolds is doing a nice job and quite honestly, I am in the camp of utilizing our TE's more in the passing game than worrying about getting our 3/4 WR's more touches.

I will be very surprised if we address LB before the deadline. I'd like to see more of Polite, but I'm not so naive as to think he's going to make a significantly larger impact than what we've witnessed. Our ILB's are getting abused in coverage, but everyone knew that was going to be their issue going into the season. I just hate it when we allow a guy like Kittle to be covered by one of them when we don't have to.

Our D has been very stout to-date, so I'm just guessing Staley knows more about this stuff than I do:) I'm just a fan watching the game. Despite the overall positive results, I am still let to understand the "why" behind some of these things.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I’d like the mindset to change regarding LB needs going into next season.

PressureD41

Les Snead's Draft Advisor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Eddy
Specials:
Trade for a real PR and remove Kupp asap!!!
Find a Kicker that can kick it out of the endzone every time & even if we need to dress 2 freakin kickers.

Offense:
Need to mix in a few more rollouts, move the pocket around. Just enough to keep DL off balance.
I too want to see more touches to the TE.
We need to target the seams more in order to open up the passes to outer hash marks. Seems teams are starting to jump the out routes we love so much. Even have RBs run routes up the middle into the seam. Delay release and get us some 4-7 yards easy completions. Would force the middle coverage to hold for a few more secs
Akers needs to get involved, I wonder if they think the rookie wall is a thing for him. So their waiting on him because Hendo was showing signs of a hurt bag last season. I'm still not sold on Hendo to be honest. He ate vs. the NFC Least
Need more Halle Berry audibles.
Need more Goff FG lay ups.
I would design 1-2 run plays for Goff.

Defense:
I want to cast a spell on Terrell Lewis, and he will never get hurt again, and becomes the edge we need.
Robinson gives us what we all hoped for and he clogs up the middle, and never gets pushed backwards and eats plays that come straight at him. Anything to keep snap counts down for SJD.
Fox looks like he has a role now. He's seems healthy 2 years removed from his injury.

Front Office:
Have Snead's burner account on social media follow & unfollow JJ3 daily.

Personal Growth:
PressureD41 needs to do a better job w/ his game day menu