Okay, here is an UDFA to get excited about

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
I look at small school guys as potential hits when it comes to UDFAs.

These guys are not getting scouted like big school kids do and the level of competition often downgraded them to no fault of their own.

This kid has a shot. Big WR from small school.

WR Justin Sumpter, Kennesaw State

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
I look at small school guys as potential hits when it comes to UDFAs.

These guys are not getting scouted like big school kids do and the level of competition often downgraded them to no fault of their own.

This kid has a shot. Big WR from small school.

WR Justin Sumpter, Kennesaw State

Kids at smaller schools are very often under coached.
That's good in one way, because if coach properly, they can exceed expectations.

Overall though, it'll take them longer to develop.
It's all about how quick they can learn, very often.

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Good he can catch but he has below average speed for his size at 6’1”. If he was was bigger, say 6’3” or more he might have a good chance, but not in the NFL. But who knows, the way he seems to catch anything thrown his way he might have a chance, a slim chance. Chis Carter had below average speed for his size at 6’1”.

Tano

Legend
Kids at smaller schools are very often under coached.
That's good in one way, because if coach properly, they can exceed expectations.

Overall though, it'll take them longer to develop.
It's all about how Quick they can learn, very often.

I see an unanticipated pun there.

Ram65

Legend
Last edited:

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
https://247sports.com/nfl/new-engla...tin-Sumpter-Super-Saiyan-NFL-Draft-129287223/

Nice interview with Justin. Looks like big mitts. Running program in college so he blocked a lot. Not sure of his height says 6'3". Looks wide and strong but, I didn't see him really skying high for the ball. Rams should know early if he can step up to NFL level. He is something the Rams don't have at WR. You never know.
NFL.com has him listed as 6’1” but if he’s 6’3” and he catches the way he does, well then his chances just improved dramatically.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Well, Kennesaw State are called the Owls and a group of Owls are refereed to as a "Parliament." So I like that!
Justin-Sumpter.png

JonRam99

Hall of Fame
Name
Jonathan
He looks more 6'3" than 6'1". I don't think I've seen a highlight reel yet this offseason with as many contested catches. Kid uses his body well to shield defenders. Strong hands. Looks like he had a T.O. sized impact in a small pond.
Could be a keeper, we need a bit bigger WR than Reynolds at the moment (though he's no slouch) who can use their body better. If he's smart enough, and can be coached up, he might be a nice pick up.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah he definitely looks 6’3 or taller he’s wide he high points the ball and uses his body effectively to shield off the defenders

…..

Legend
Is this the first player from Kennesaw to get picked up I wonder? The program isn’t very old.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Prior to watching the video I thought that saying he looked 6'3" was kind of dumb, but he does in fact look 6'3". My apologies to everyone.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Sparq has Sumpter measuring in at 6'1.4", 221 lbs., 4.67 40 time

Last edited:

dang

Legend
When searching for info about Sumpter he is listed as 6-foot-3, 220 pounds. Not sure about his route running skills and highlights only show the good but he looks to be a very good high point receiver with sticky hands. The Rams need a good high point receiver in the red zone - something Reynolds/Higbee/Everett don't do very well.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Adam Thielen was an Undrafted FA. He hailed from a small Minnesota college and was a bit slow and needed coaching. He was on the Vikings PS a few years. Maybe they found a gem like Theilen.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Love that he has strong, soft hands, catches away from his body and can single hand catch with both hands.

He's def someone to watch.