Okay fine, what about LT ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

ausmurp

Starter
Our OL is being way overlooked and I'm baffled. We do have young talent at RG and RT, but what about the rest? Barnes at C majority seems to love, fine but I'm not one. Saffold at OG will only play 8 games and get hurt, so then what? and what does that make his avg salary per game? Way more than Osemele or Brooks or Bushrod got/will get in fa..

And the biggest question mark of all? LT. So how are we set on OL whe. we can't pass protect worth a damn. Even the seahawks pass more then 40% of the time, it just isn't possible to pass less than that and win games.

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
You are talking about a guy on an upward trajectory. Since we are clearly going to be paying him anyway - I say we keep working with the young man.

shaunpinney

Hall of Fame
I like our o-line, they're young and are growing together - I think the Gman will be a monster in LA.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Lol one year as a starter where he showed improvement and you think the front office is going to give up on the #2 overall pick.

shovelpass

Hall of Fame
Ha, this is the "I got shut down on my Tim Barnes argument" reply thread. Clearly you're looking for a fight. Give it a rest.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
@ausmurp
Put down the Zima gold and step away from your computer

image.jpg

ausmurp

Starter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm just posting facts and wondering why only a small few are on the same page as me. Grob barely improved and still can't pass block worth a damn. Im baffled that any of you think we'll do better than 7-9. I'm over it though, I'll flag this one and pull it up 9 months from now with a capital I TOLD YOU SO. Lol. And it's Guinness not zima yo, I don't drink that girly sht.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I'm just posting facts and wondering why only a small few are on the same page as me. Grob barely improved and still can't pass block worth a damn. Im baffled that any of you think we'll do better than 7-9. I'm over it though, I'll flag this one and pull it up 9 months from now with a capital I TOLD YOU SO. Lol. And it's Guinness not zima yo, I don't drink that girly sht.

GRob was a known project when he was drafted. I don't think they are giving up on him just yet. He improved over the course of last season and one source claims his immaturity and lack of dedication to his craft was the problem. Well that can turn around pretty quickly. They have a capable backup in Williams and also Saffold.

At guard the coaches love Browns potential and Wichman gave us all some hope late in the season. They have Reynolds and Saffold both to fill in if needed. Havenstien played well for a rookie too.

So there is a lot of hope and a short audition that actually looked pretty good, considering the group was so young. So, it would be premature to say they need to upgrade. OLinemen can take time to develop. Based on reports and games last year it looks like a pretty solid future unit.

If they need to make a move it probably happens next offseason.

Gandalf

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Grob will have a big year in 2017, just in time to cash in on a new contract. Isn't that the way it usually works out?

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
We also have Garret Reynolds who played well to play if Saffold can't, Wichmann, Donnal, Williams, and Battle all developing. I'm not sure why you would want to take a chance on an old guy when you can hopefully turn some of these young guys into solid football players.

fearsomefour

Legend
The Rams have invested in the O line. A 1st round pick and a 2nd round pick in the last two years along with the other guys drafted last year.
They have committed Robinson to LT. That isent going to change. The depth is nothing but question marks out of Saffold.
As far as the team is concerned I am sure it is concerned addressed.

Mikey Ram

Hall of Fame
Name
Mike
One thing I have kind of overlooked is the fact that Fisher and Snead seem to be trying to do what is in the best interest of the team as much in the long run as in the now (as in you have to win right now to save your jobs)...I have to give them at least a little bit of credit for that...

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
They did what I wanted last year. Invest in a lot of young talent worth developing.

I'm good with where we are at the moment. A young, talented line looking to improve on last year's development.

A55VA6

Legend
Yeah lets just give up on a 23 year old with all the potential in the world..

We'll be just fine with GRob.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier
Ha, this is the "I got shut down on my Tim Barnes argument" reply thread. Clearly you're looking for a fight. Give it a rest.

He may have got shut down,but that doesn't mean he was wrong.Barnes is the weak link on the oiline until he can
prove otherwise.Either side you fall under doesn't matter because this is a forum.A place for healthy debate.Not a place
to take shots at people for their opinions.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Teams have to count on development of players every season, it is just not the Rams.

And if Grob keeps struggling they have some options. Battle has the length and feet for LT. And Williams impressed the staff on the edge too. Only true need on this OL is center.