OK, we heard a bunch about Sean Mannion in camp

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Will Mannion throw for 300 yards?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
Who was that other guy that we brought in from Georgia who everyone was claiming was go beat Mannion how long he last lol

Murray? He never even got a chance to play in a game like Mannion and Orlovsky so he must have not impressed McVay in practice. We did however hold on to Allen all year so maybe they see something in him. I think McVay was more worried about working with Goff in his first season than worrying about the backup job since we kept trotting out Orlovsky who everyone knew was terrible.

RedRam

Pro Bowler
I wonder if Tavon will get some PR duties today.
The PR duty Tavon should've had yesterday was handing out calendars at the gates. Although, he likely would've dog-eared a bunch of them by dropping them.

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
I think Mannion will be battling with Allen next year for the backup role. I wouldnt doubt if we bring in a later round QB to compete too. Mannion looked ok yesterday under the circumstances but he is no lock to make the team next year.

@OregonRamFan What exactly was inappropriate about my post above?

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Murray? He never even got a chance to play in a game like Mannion and Orlovsky so he must have not impressed McVay in practice. We did however hold on to Allen all year so maybe they see something in him. I think McVay was more worried about working with Goff in his first season than worrying about the backup job since we kept trotting out Orlovsky who everyone knew was terrible.
He never got a chance to play because Mannion made him obsolete the same way he did with Orlovsky and the same he go do to Allen whenever he get off IR

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
He never got a chance to play because Mannion made him obsolete the same way he did with Orlovsky and the same he go do to Allen whenever he get off IR

Im not rooting against the guy and I hope he progresses even more next year and wins the job. Im just being real here in thinking its no guarantee he beats out Allen or someone else we bring in. Orlovsky was basically brought in to help Goff and Mannion as a vet. Like I said he never really had much competition.

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Really, with 4th string offensive lineman, with everyone basically making their first start on offense and he did avoid a lot of pressure he was pressured on almost every play but they had only what 2 sacks come on. You think they really did any game planning on this game.
They barely ran any zone splits or stretches all they did was the boot leg that’s it, and when McVay called for something to go downfield he took his shots and delivered dude is a 3rd year pro making his first start lmao
I stopped reading after "4th string oline men". I understand the starters weren't in, but lets not over exaggerate the lack of talent he had around him to make up for the fact that he struggled mightily.

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I stopped reading after "4th string oline men". I understand the starters weren't in, but lets not over exaggerate the lack of talent he had around him to make up for the fact that he struggled mightily.
Glad you stopped reading. But where is Lucas on the depth chart hell I thought Austin Blythe was our 2nd string center where was he. The only guy I did see was brown. Who was our Right tackle Darrel Williams when was the last time he played again.?? All of these questions are rhetorical

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Im not rooting against the guy and I hope he progresses even more next year and wins the job. Im just being real here in thinking its no guarantee he beats out Allen or someone else we bring in. Orlovsky was basically brought in to help Goff and Mannion as a vet. Like I said he never really had much competition.
I’m a big fan of competition if he loses he deserves to be replaced

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
Glad you stopped reading. But where is Lucas on the depth chart hell I thought Austin Blythe was our 2nd string center where was he. The only guy I did see was brown. Who was our Right tackle Darrel Williams when was the last time he played again.?? All of these questions are rhetorical
Williams and Blythe were in, Blythe just did play not the entire duration of the game. Williams played either during the eagles or viks for a bit, can't remember which game. Brown also had his highest grading to date on PFF. So one guy who is way down on the depth chart represents the entire oline?

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Williams and Blythe were in, Blythe just did play not the entire duration of the game. Brown also had his highest grading to date on PFF. So one guy who is way down on the depth chart represents the entire oline?
How long did Blythe play?? Cause I didn’t see him in the game and I did say Brown was in. But that’s still 4 positions so at the very least you’re talking about 3 guys on the line who has NEVER started a game

I like Rams

Hall of Fame
How long did Blythe play?? Cause I didn’t see him in the game and I did say Brown was in. But that’s still 4 positions so at the very least you’re talking about 3 guys on the line who has NEVER started a game
Considering they never started a game, PFF graded Mannion has having the 26th lowest qb pressures for the week (18.9% of dropbacks). While they did give up 3 sacks, they still put up a pretty good stand against starters. Good enough to at least read the field (he did not) and make accurate throws (he did not) on the other 81% of dropbacks.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I voted yes that he would throw for more than 300 yards, but that he wouldn't connect with any of his receivers. :palm:

Rabid Ram

Legend
Name
Dustin
Just because you didn't see somthing doesn't mean it didn't happen. Why don't YOU go back and look again cause Blythe played in the game

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just because you didn't see somthing doesn't mean it didn't happen. Why don't YOU go back and look again cause Blythe played in the game

You’re right I was watching for him at his center position but that was neary who was playing center

Dxmissile

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Considering they never started a game, PFF graded Mannion has having the 26th lowest qb pressures for the week (18.9% of dropbacks). While they did give up 3 sacks, they still put up a pretty good stand against starters. Good enough to at least read the field (he did not) and make accurate throws (he did not) on the other 81% of dropbacks.
Seems like people pick and choose when to use PFF stats. But the throw to Thomas on 3rd down wasn’t him reading the field or the bomb downfield wasn’t a good throw when he had time. Or the deep crossing route he put on the money to Reynolds when he had time. It’s amazing how all of a sudden a guy making his first start is supposed to do all of this stuff we know takes more than 1 game to get down