Ok let's try for Trent Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
Redskins just announced they are letting Williams seek a trade - we need him like I have said for the past year. He has 12.5m left on his deal. He is a 7 time pro bowler considered one of the two best LTs in the game. When Whit came he was a real big answer to our OL sure he is not the only OLman, but his impact was massive. They project he has 4 more probowls in him he is 7 years younger than Whit.

We need two strong olinemen and others we can make happen. We can give them Everett or possibly Fowler but I doubt they want him because they are going to take Chase Young.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Okay, just how many LOT’s do the Rams need for ‘20?

Whit
Boom
Evans
Edwards

And now we should add Trent Williams with non-existant cap dollars? Seriously?

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Let the Rams use picks they can't afford to trade and borrow against the future to pay him, for a rental.

Makes sense. If EVERYTHING worked right the Rams could prosper for a year and then collapse.

fearsomefour

Legend

Whit
Boom
Evans
Edwards

Whit.....old
Boom.....broken
Evans....untested at LT and ok at RT
Edwards.....untested at LT
Williams....can’t afford him.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Whit.....old
Boom.....broken
Evans....untested at LT and ok at RT
Edwards.....untested at LT
Williams....can’t afford him.

Well, fearsome, if Whit is ‘too old’, WTH should they extend him? Can’t have it both ways.

As to Boom? Just a question of time until he’s 100%.

Evans and Edwards both played LOT in big time college programs, didn’t they?

So, my question remains. How many LOT’s do we really need? Particularly a cap killing Trent Williams type.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Well, fearsome, if Whit is ‘too old’, WTH should they extend him? Can’t have it both ways.

So, my question remains. How many LOT’s do we really need? Particularly a cap killing Trent Williams type.
A lot of College LOT move to guard in the NFL. I don't see a LOT in the bunch besides Whitworth. Noteboom is unproven at LO T and I don't think he's strong enough to be effective

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Face it. Rams are going to go with what they already have on the OL, plus Whit signing and a couple of mid round draft picks.

fearsomefour

Legend

I didn’t say Whit was “too old”, I said he is old. Which he is. Which means, like you said, he is not a long term answer.
The Rams need one LT that can play at a high level. Whitworth has done that. None of the others have.
Maybe they can, maybe not. None of them have shown they can at the NFL level.
Right now they are just names on a piece of paper.

Malibu

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Whit
Boom
Evans
Edwards

None of those add up to one Williams. Whit is regressing. Boom is still rehabbing he sucked in run blocking. Evans I like him but he always got help and he and Edwards are not in same zip code as Williams.