Offseason regret

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
It will be interesting indeed....I'm thinking the Rams will go right at Dahl with Givins and TA .... and of course we'll all get a huge kick out the home run we hit and it will be a tasty little side topic to the actual game. :))

Dahl will probably get around 65-75 tackles playing on 1st and 2nd down or 3rd and short yard situations.. I dont know thier safety situation with Golson gone, but one would assume they didnt hire Dahl to be the every down player.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
My biggest off season regret? Reading stuff written by guys who never watch the Rams play. Don't get me wrong. I can't get enough of it so keep posting the stuff. But I think like many of us, I just can't believe the drivel. Too many times I read the crap and think... did they watch a single snap of Rams football?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
My biggest off season regret? Reading stuff written by guys who never watch the Rams play. Don't get me wrong. I can't get enough of it so keep posting the stuff. But I think like many of us, I just can't believe the drivel. Too many times I read the crap and think... did they watch a single snap of Rams football?
Unfortunately, that's not limited to the media. There are a few "fans" who are just as oblivious.
(none here, of course)

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
RamFan503 said:
Unfortunately, that's not limited to the media. There are a few "fans" who are just as oblivious.
(none here, of course)

Of course. :7up:

Sum1

Hall of Fame
Dog said:
My thinking is that teams do not sign "horrible" players when they have prior knowledge of horribleness. They dont pay them 2.5 M a year to come aboard and be horrible.

Dahl is serviceable on certain downs, pretty good in run support, but of course limited in man coverage, or any coverage for that matter. But "horrible"? I guess horrible gets you 5 million dollars these days.

Like I said...I'll be cautiously optimistic about TJ McDonald, Darian Stewart and Rodney McCloud until they prove they arent as horrible as I expect them to be. I'll be happy when we can clearly see this wont be as big a liability as i expect.

Jason Sehorn? they knew what they were getting when they signed him too!

So you're saying teams won't pay horrible players...but they will let said players leave and replace them with perceived lesser players?

CoachO

Hall of Fame
IMO, Dahl played for one reason. In Fisher's defense, tackling is a major priority. While he had his share of "bad angles" as some have mentioned, he was by far (yes IMO, not even close) a better tackler than Stewart. He was forced to play a position that he is not suited for, but overall, was the better option in this defense.

Let's not forget, that Stewart was an UDFA, who played ahead of the likes of an aging James Butler. Need I say more? And if Spags didn't think Butler could still play, how bad did he have to be?

…..

Legend
Sum1BTRthnU said:
Dog said:
My thinking is that teams do not sign "horrible" players when they have prior knowledge of horribleness. They dont pay them 2.5 M a year to come aboard and be horrible.

Dahl is serviceable on certain downs, pretty good in run support, but of course limited in man coverage, or any coverage for that matter. But "horrible"? I guess horrible gets you 5 million dollars these days.

Like I said...I'll be cautiously optimistic about TJ McDonald, Darian Stewart and Rodney McCloud until they prove they arent as horrible as I expect them to be. I'll be happy when we can clearly see this wont be as big a liability as i expect.

Jason Sehorn? they knew what they were getting when they signed him too!

So you're saying teams won't pay horrible players...but they will let said players leave and replace them with perceived lesser players?

Not sure i get ya...all I am saying is Craig Dahl is not as bad as everyone makes him out to be and then I used his new contract as an example that perhaps I am not the only one to have that opinion.

Of course...I say all that not in support of Dahl, I wasnt flying a flag to resign him....but the conversation came out of concern for our safety postion.

we'll just have to see. Last year we went forward with WR as a position of need yet full of young unproven players. This year, we're going forward with Safety as a position of need yet full of young unproven players. Heck, for all I know the kids will do great and a star will be born. Stranger things have happened.